This is a bit embarrassing but I have to ask

Options
I've found that the more I keep working out, the more I find my libido lowering. Does anyone else have this problem? :(

Replies

• BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    uummm, no. Having the opposite affect on me.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Really? Mine has increased... I'd like to see what people say on this...
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ha! The more I work out, the better I feel about myself. The better I fell about myself, well...let's just say the happier my husband is.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Huh? Nope. It's supposed to have the opposite effect.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mine has increased slightly now but it took a while. It did drop considerably when I started because I became aware of how uncomfortable I was with my body and therefore didn't want to be naked or to have anyone looking at me. Now that I'm nearly 40 lbs lighter I'm feeling myself get that confidence back and feeling "frisky" again. :) give it time.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Mine has definitely increased... in part, I am sure, because the exercise has helped up my endorphins and I'm not as depressed as I was before.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Mine goes up b/c I feel better about myself. :)
  • Toaster88
    Toaster88 Posts: 146
    Options
    Opposite. Especially right after when my blood is really pumping (and I don't mean that in a dirty way).
  • Jesseann
    Jesseann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have noticed this, I thinks its because of the hard workout and more rest is needed. Of course, the hubby is not so pleased:/
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    sorry mine has incerased also. :smile:
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    We see posts like this all the time but overwhelmingly the response is the OPPOSITE. Blood flow, self confidence, better mood and a host of other things make people feel they have INCREASED sex drive since.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It could be a sign of over-training.
  • enygmatic1
    enygmatic1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm more all about it then ever before but maybe it's just a lull or a plateau for you, if you will. Try looking up natural healthy foods you can add to your diet and maybe getting a little more rest. If your fatigued that could explain the situation. :)
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I actually find the opposite. The more I work out, the more weight I lose, my libido spikes.

This is potentially dangerous for my husband.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm the complete opposite as well...maybe you aren't eating enough and its causing a lack of energy? I didn't look at your food diary, so not sure, just a thought.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    mine goes up too...seems like my hubbies the one telling me no more often lol!
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine went up then back down. You feel good about yourself, buth there are times where you are too tired. Maybe you are trying to get too much done during the day on top of working out? I hate to say this, but maybe all of the positive changes in your life make the other stuff seem less exciting than they were ......it will balance out and adjust:)
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories for your increase in activity? And are you doing that stupid South Beach crap that is HORRIBLE for your body and leaves you with ZERO energy? I wonder if you are eating enough good carbs.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Nope opposite here up up up!
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    I've found the opposite to be true!! Maybe you're not eating the right stuff so your energy is low by the end of the day? I don't know, but GOOD LUCK!!