Any women doing p90x

Options

Replies

• LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey....this is a nice thread! I am on Week 2, day 4 of Lean. I have my bike set up on a trainer and jump on it when necessary. Today is scheduled yoga, but I am going to walk Sansone style instead, and probably do Ab Ripper (or what I can of it) as I did not do it yesterday.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • freemanalicia
    freemanalicia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-- I am new to P90X. I tried it before and gave up but I have told myself that this is my time to shine :D haha I am following the diet perfectly- actually under my goal and I added in two 1.5 mile power walks with my dog-- I am so worried that I am going to get discouraged with this fitness routine-- I just want it to finally be the thing that worked for me ....
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of p90X and looking for friends to join me on MPF. Add me :)
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just finished P90X Lean, and I incorporated the elliptical trainer for 45 minutes during Phase 3 for 5 or 6 days a week. So yeah, after getting used to P90X, I still wanted more cardio to burn more fat. I just started P90X Lean + on Monday 3/28 and I'm still doing extra cardio too.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me input about the weights they're using? How light and heavy did you go? I'm trying to save money and get the supplies before starting P90X.

I got the "buildable" weights from Target for about $60. The handle alone is 5 lbs, and there are disks that you can add to the handle in increments of 5lbs for a total of 25lbs weights for each hand. Most of the workouts I use 15lbs... sometimes 20lbs for the curls. I find it very efficient.
  • edorice
    Options
    Can someone give me input about the weights they're using? How light and heavy did you go? I'm trying to save money and get the supplies before starting P90X.

I got the "buildable" weights from Target for about $60. The handle alone is 5 lbs, and there are disks that you can add to the handle in increments of 5lbs for a total of 25lbs weights for each hand. Most of the workouts I use 15lbs... sometimes 20lbs for the curls. I find it very efficient.

Yeah, the Reebok adjustable weights are the one's I have as well. They've served me well since my first round of the X.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    CURE SHIN SPLINTS!!!!
    Sit down, couch or desk ---> Point your toes out --> Write out the alphabet with your toes -->
    Do this three times a day
    You WILL BE HEALED ! I promise

I just wanted to say thank you for this advice
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How do you log the p90x workouts in exercise? I tried puting in plyometrics & p90x but nothing comes up...can you help? I just want to make sure I'm logging it properly. Thanks! I'm starting Round 1 of p90x tonight with my hubby and hoping to get some amazing results!

CW: 178
    GW: 135
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have created an exercise for myself in the exercise tab - named it DVD workout. I wear a HRM....enter the time and calories burned every day. I also make a note if needed in the "edit note" box.
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do you figure out your calories from your HRM then? Just wondering because I don't have an HRM. Thanks!
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I am going to start with P90x today and my goal is to convert the fat in me into muscle.
    My current weight is 138lbs and my goal weight is 130lbs. My height is 5'7". So, really, all I am looking to do is tone up :)
    I started P90x a few times in the past, but my schedule was such that I couldn't keep up and be regular.

Help me stay motivated :) Because you guys seem to be doing a great job! :)
  • RunChinni
    Options
    Also, the P90x recommends consuming protein supplements. I am a vegetarian and I was wondering what kind of protein supplements did you guys consume? Right now, I am stocked up on 100% Whey Protein and Premier protein bars and egg whites.

Any inputs? I am planning on following the classic version.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend Shakeology highly enough. Whole nutrition. There is even an article about it in the May issue of O Magazine (Oprah). It has whey protein and over 70 other ingredients that help your body function optimally.
  • KS212
    KS212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Good job with the P90X. I am in week 2 day 4 of the classic version. I did do the first week of lean, but then decided to change to classic. This week I've been waking up early to do the workouts and then shower and go to work. This works for my schedule since I have a toddler at home. The only problem I'm having is that I'm usually so hungry the rest of the day. I'm trying to eat enough protein to keep me full. It has gotten a little better since Monday but is this something that will slowly go away? I was having a hard time doing the workouts after work because I have to make dinner for my family but I wanted to work out before I ate. So this is really working for me. Any thoughts? Anyways, I do love P90X and I'm trying to bring it as best as I can. I currently weigh about 175, so if I could get some weight off and tone up, that would be fabulous!
  • Kellerl28314
    Kellerl28314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Doing the exercises is plenty enough for me. As it is, I still can barely eat enough food. The first phase I wasn't getting enough calories. I gained 3 pounds of muscle, but didn't lose any body fat. So if you can eat enough while supplementing your normal workouts that's great. But I know there is no way I could do it.
  • edorice
    Options
    Hey everyone. Good job with the P90X. I am in week 2 day 4 of the classic version. I did do the first week of lean, but then decided to change to classic. This week I've been waking up early to do the workouts and then shower and go to work. This works for my schedule since I have a toddler at home. The only problem I'm having is that I'm usually so hungry the rest of the day. I'm trying to eat enough protein to keep me full. It has gotten a little better since Monday but is this something that will slowly go away? I was having a hard time doing the workouts after work because I have to make dinner for my family but I wanted to work out before I ate. So this is really working for me. Any thoughts? Anyways, I do love P90X and I'm trying to bring it as best as I can. I currently weigh about 175, so if I could get some weight off and tone up, that would be fabulous!

I do the workouts in the morning as well. Many mornings I have a fruit directly after the workout and drink a protein shake on the way to work. I then have a snack at around 10am, then lunch by 1pm. I feed about every three hours and don't go through that starvation feeling.
  • RunChinni
    Options

Here's my routine that keeps hunger away 99% of time... It was very similar to before I started P90x... Just changed my Carbs-Protein-Fat ratio to 40-40-20 instead of the prescribed P90x one.

5:30AM to 7AM - Consume 1 scoop of whey protein with water and workout till 7AM. Post-workout, I consume another scoop of whey protein with water. Since I am vegetarian, I don't get decent supplies of protein. But I found that this combination actually reduced post-workout soreness since protein helps muscles recuperate.

10AM- A protein bar. I use Premier nutrition protein bars. You can buy them at Costco. They are cheaper and each bar provides about 270 calories and 30 grams of protein.

1PM- Lunch.

4PM - A fruit snack or dry fruits

7PM - Dinner, which is again a decent source of protein and is my lightest meal.
  • RunChinni
    Options
    I cannot recommend Shakeology highly enough. Whole nutrition. There is even an article about it in the May issue of O Magazine (Oprah). It has whey protein and over 70 other ingredients that help your body function optimally.

I've been reading alot about Shakeology and it's on my buy list once I am done with my current bag of protein :)
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Saturday will be the beginning of week 8 for me. I generally walk a couple of days a week at lunch time and then on Saturdays I do a much longer walk. I am planning on giving the C25K a try in addition to P90X. Good luck!