Tall ladies out there? 5'10" and up?

Options
Hey everyone! I am 5'11" and my CW is 220. I am hoping to get down to 150. Anyone else out there in this same height range? I love reading the success stories and all, but most of the pictures are from ladies that are much shorter than me. It would be nice to have some friends that have a similar build as I do :)
Anyone??

Replies

• christa_dee
    Options
    i'm only 5'10 but i wish i was taller! and my gw is 160 for now, so we are very close....but already friends! lol
  • clarissamosse
    Options
    Heh, I'm 5ft 9.... so I guess that isn't tall enough. I have similar stats to you. But I want to get back down to 120.

Good Luck!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Heh, I'm 5ft 9.... so I guess that isn't tall enough. I have similar stats to you. But I want to get back down to 120.

Good Luck!

Shoot, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that! 5'9" is still very tall and if we have similar stats then I'd love to be friends so we can motivate each other!!! :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    5'11" and currently @ 196. Started @ 222. Goal weight of 177. Feel free to friend me.
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11", current weight 205, starting weight 279. I would like to get down to about 165. I hit my all time low (of my all time high) when I weighed the same amount as when I was 9mo pregnant but my daughter was over a year old.
  • acahill18
    Options
    i am 5'9"! right now im around 180lbs. but im hoping to get down to like 145-140ish :) which is pretty skinny for my height but hey a girl can dream! hahah
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love this!!! I've never found a "tall girls" group! I'm 5'10" too! I started just over 240 lbs and I'm down to 176 right now, hoping to be at 150-155 by this summer. Let's motivate each other :)
  • jrm39
    jrm39 Posts: 29
    Options
    close -- i'm 5'9, haha. right now at 178, working toward dropping down to at least 150 by june! i'll send a friend request, if that's alright? :) us tall ones can make a pact!
  • ratstiger
    Options
    Hey! I'm 6'' and weigh 140 pounds...and i love this site! i want to get down to 130...
  • xoxkiska
    Options
    I'm 5"9 and 160 lbs, hoping to get to 140-145 by June. Really hope that that's a possibility =) Btw, this group is a great idea
  • heb14
    Options
    Since it's only the 2nd day of February, should we try a challenge for the month? Even something simple like measuring your food precisely, working out so many days a week, or something?
  • misskate05
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 179, I'd really like to get down to 150 or 155 :) Also working on getting pregnant, so I'd like to loose as much as I can before that.
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    Hi, i'm 5ft 11 and had a starting weight of 217 pounds so have very similar stats to you. I'm currently at 214 pounds and have a goal weight (for now) of 180 pounds.
    I'm struggling at the moment because even on a normal day, without considering myself to be on a 'diet' I only eat about 1300 calories BUT I do a lot of exercise. I've been told that I actually don't eat enough as i'm burning off an extra 500 or so calories a day with exercise. Because of this apparently i'm in 'starvation mode' so my body has slowed down my metabolism in order to hang on to my 'fat stores'.
    I certainly don't starve myself...I actually eat A LOT but because I eat lots of healthy foods they tend not to be packed with fat/calories.

So, I need to learn to eat more (strangely) and hopefully i'll start to lose the weight!

It's great to have a little group of people with whom you can truly compare and share your stories with as we have similar stats.

Michelle x
  • heb14
    Options
    @honeyrabbt-- I went through the same thing as you. I thought that the less I ate, the quicker the weight would come off.. However, I just started eating more now, and consuming my "exercise calories" and now the weight is really starting to come off. I've lost 5 pounds in the last two weeks by increasing what I'm eating, and of course, switching to great veggies and fruits :) Good luck!!
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    @heb14...thanks for sharing that with me. It makes me feel a little better knowing that it's not just me this has happened to.

My goal daily calories without exercise is 1330, then I do about 400 calories worth of execise a day which increases my suggested intake to around 1730. This last week i've started to eat back around half of my exercise calories and have consequently PUT ON 2 pounds!!!! I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do for the best.
    Do you mind if I add you to my friends? I think it would help me stay motivated if my friends have similar stats or starting weights to myself.
  • anitambar
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and need to lose a good 60 lbs. Need all the motivation and help I can get. Feel free to friend me. We are close in stats.
  • KelliB25
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently at 216 down from somewhere above 280 ( I avoided scales!!). I would like to get down between 180-170. Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • hollabc0
    hollabc0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", started at 170ish and currently at 164, trying to get to 150 then maybe more if I get that.
  • VaporsWorld
    VaporsWorld Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10" and currently 248 from 260. Still in my first month. Hoping to get down-wait let me rephrase that...I will be getting down to 160.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    hey i'm 5'10(and a bit)....

I find that people think i weigh less than i do becasue i have a big frame and and am tall so carry wiegh well.... but I find people making out i dont need to lose any more weight (im 13lbs away from my goal, but my goal is 168 - the very top of the normal bmi range) becasue they see the definition of my colarbone and automatically think ive lost too much....but im still over weight....thats just a big colarbone!!!