Tall ladies out there? 5'10" and up?

Options

Replies

• msshaydlady
    Options
    Hi all, never knew so many tall ladies were on this site. Glad to know you. I am 5'11" and my starting weight was 213 (it is also my heaviest weight). I am currently 204 and my goal weight is 160. I am hopeful that I will meet my first "mini goal" of 203 by Feb. 14th. Wish me luck. Also If anyone would like to request me as a friend please feel free to do so.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Another tall lady here - 5'10". Hit my highest weight, 240, a couple years back after an ankle injury/surgery. Dropped 40 pounds after rehab, and maintained for nearly a year. Then the ex and I broke up, and I started gaining again. Couldn't stand lookingat my holiday pictures, so found MFP and decided to do something about it. Currently I'm at 205, down 15#s, with an initial goal of 160. Going to re-evaluate at that point and see if I think Ican get down to 140 - haven't been that low since High School, so not even sure that is atainable.
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is doing so well on their weight loss journeys! Congrats to all of you tall, beautiful ladies!! Keep it up :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cheekychk
    cheekychk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since November but haven't commented at all, but I'm so happy to see other people my height to compare notes with. It's hard to compare to shorter women; that was my problem in high school!

I'm 5'11 and have about 60 pounds to lose (goal is about 170-175). Haven't seen that weight since about 15 years ago. Feeling a little stalled out at the moment but hoping to get back on track; I swim 2-4 times a week with a Master's team, but have been going over calories every day for two weeks...yikes. Glad to see you all!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hello you beautiful tall ladies!!! I am 5'10...hit my limit at 290 lbs a few years back between my 2nd and 3rd child, and got really frustrated with myself and motivated to change. I got down to 194 lbs before getting pregnant with my 3rd, had many complications and lots of ups and downs with the 3rd, who is a precious and wonderful, healthy little girl about to turn 2...I found myself in a bad place and back up to 262 lbs as of January this year. I am down to 240 lbs and feeling great, eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies and getting in a lot of exercise!!! I feel motivated again, and know that we won't be having any more kids, so now it's my time!!! I hope to get down to 180 by the end of the summer, and we'll see from there!
  • sting06
    Options
    Yay tall girls! I'm 5'10.5" and 166 as of this morning.. I was 190 at my very heaviest 3 years ago, but for the most part I've been within 5 pounds of 180 since I was 15 and was 177 when I decided to start losing at the end of January. I've always worn a 12 or occasionally a 10. .Since I've started losing, I've noticed that my waist is looking smaller and my clothes are fitting a little looser, but I don't know if I've graduated a solid 10 quite yet. I think I'm pretty close, though.

I have my 5 year college reunion and the wedding of one of my besties coming up in early April, and I'd love to be down to 155 and maybe a size 8 by then (though I'm not sure what I'll do about my size 12 bridesmaid dress if that happens!), but I don't know if my current pace is that sustainable. Right now, I'm running at least 5 miles 6 days per week (average 35mpw total), eating about 1000 calories a day, and lifting 3x per week, which I think might be a little too intense to keep up for another month. My ultimate goal is somewhere between 145 and 155, depending on how I look and feel. I might overshoot a bit since I'm destined to gain at least a couple pounds back while I'm studying for the bar this summer. It's just hard to know exactly what to shoot for since I haven't been this light since before puberty.
  • ValMae
    ValMae Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'11" and currently 220; my goal weight is set at 150 as well. I started at 230 and have been using the site for about a month so I'm excited to keep losing!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10, though my boyfriend thinks I'm 5'11 (maybe...my posture has improved over the past couple years!). I'm between 172-174 right now and my GW is 150. I would love to get back to 140, but that would be really tough. Friend me! I love "meeting" other tall girls!
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was about 175-180. Currently I'm at 150 but I feel flabby. My goal is 140 but more importantly, I'd like to be toned.
  • girbitta
    girbitta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yah! More tall ladies like myself. I was also starting to think that I was the only "giant" compared to many of the women here on MFP hahaha.

My starting weight was around 222/223 and I aim for 170-175 to start with.

Happy to be your friends and good luck :)
  • Janeta58
    Janeta58 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am six feet tall and CW is 185. GW is set somewhere between 170 - 175. (I was as high at 198 a year ago but I have my daughter's wedding coming up in 8 weeks and the dress that I am sewing, is a bit tight at the waist. I didn't do a lot of measuring before cutting out the dress so there is no going back ha ha.) She's 6 foot four inches and I am sewing her dress too!
    As taller women, we can carry more weight, but as I age, my knees and hips are not happy with the extra weight. I had both of my hips replaced in the last three years and my doctors have cautioned me about gaining extra weight.
    So ... I guess that makes TWO reasons why I want to achieve a normal BMI.
    Cheers!:smile:
  • kapodaca90
    kapodaca90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! Tall girls just like me! I am 5'10 and weigh 185!! So disappointing considering I got down to 170 just 5 months ago! Why is it so hard to lose but so darn easy to put on!??! My goal weight is 150! Happy to be friends! Good luck everyone!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! Tall girls just like me! I am 5'10 and weigh 185!! So disappointing considering I got down to 170 just 5 months ago! Why is it so hard to lose but so darn easy to put on!??! My goal weight is 150! Happy to be friends! Good luck everyone!

I'm in the same boat. I keep floating into the 170s, kill myself to get to 160 (GW 145-150), then oh-so-easily get back into the 170s. ARGH!
  • pepperann44
    Options
    I am 5'11'' and my current weight is 220. I hope to get down to 160. It's nice to see people are in the same height and weight range as me =)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This thread just popped up in "my topics" list. Thought I would go back and see what I wrote. February 10th I was at 205, now down to just under 170. I feel so much better, and sexier. Amazing how accomplishing such an achievement really boosts your confidence. I'm approaching my original goal of 160, but don't think that is going to give me the body that I want. Amended goal weight is probably going to be 150, perhaps 145.

Go tall ladies!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'11". My highest weight was 324 lbs. I haven't seen 180 since before I was preggo so thats my goal. The last time I weighed in was Jan 29th and I was 227. I'm not weighing in again until March 1st. I set my for mid July, but If I don't make it I'm not going to sweat it. I'm more focus on living a healthier life. The weight will come off as long as I'm eating correctly.

Anyone can add me if they like.

I posted the above on Feb 10th. As of today I'm 206.8 I've been stuck at this weight for about 2 weeks. I contribute it to strength training. Muscle are retaining water. I'm still shooting for 180. I want to train and tone my body before decided if I want to lower my weight goal anymore. My height is 5'11" so I think I probably can go as low at 170 and feel comfortable.
  • rduncank
    rduncank Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" started at 180. Did great and lost 10 lbs in a month and a half then got lazy and sat on my big behind! Today is my start over day! I wanna hit 145... I hope to get out of the 14s some day and then out of my 12s some day but where is a realistic place to stop??
    I hear of people going from a size 14 to a size 4 but thay have got to be 5'4" right??? We as 5'9" and up women cant get that small can we?? We would look sick and lanky, or can anyone be a size 4??
    My ultimate gole is size 8, but its been so long since I have been an 8 I dont even know if that s posible for some one of my structure!?!?!?!
    Am I clueless???
  • kapodaca90
    Options
    hkldasf
  • kapodaca90
    Options
    I am 5'10" started at 180. Did great and lost 10 lbs in a month and a half then got lazy and sat on my big behind! Today is my start over day! I wanna hit 145... I hope to get out of the 14s some day and then out of my 12s some day but where is a realistic place to stop??
    I hear of people going from a size 14 to a size 4 but thay have got to be 5'4" right??? We as 5'9" and up women cant get that small can we?? We would look sick and lanky, or can anyone be a size 4??
    My ultimate gole is size 8, but its been so long since I have been an 8 I dont even know if that s posible for some one of my structure!?!?!?!
    Am I clueless???
    My goal is also 145 and I haven't weighed that since I was probably 12! So I feel like in a way, I do not even know how to be skinny! My body does not look super overweight, I think I would be classified as "normal". I weigh 182 right now! I can disguise myself to look skinny through clothes but I am tired of disguising myself and Im positive my boyfriend is tired of hearing me complain about my weight! I have gotten down to 160 before and I don't really feel like I looked drastically different! I still wore a size 10/12, they were just looser fitting. A 8/9 was too tight to wear in public! I want to be 145 and I have always told myself that is too small but I think its just not a norm for me. I have always identified myself as a bigger girl, for a good 10 years now and its hard to change your self identity to something different. But I know if I can learn to identify myself as petite, I can fulfill that goal of 145 and maintain it, because It will become my new norm. Does this make any sense? I think we can definitely do it! For me, I just need to mentally accept it! P.S- I researched some celebrities hight and weights: Taylor swift is 5'11 and 120lbs Katherine Hiegal is 5'19 and 130 lbs Mandy Moore is 5'10 and 130 lbs. So theres some inspiration!