Treadmill vs Stair-treadmill ergometer, general"

2»

Replies

• emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Hello i put is as my own exercise you can then write the speed,how long and how many calories you have burnt and it will be under my exercises hope this helps :)

7934927.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    er·gom·e·ter/ərˈgämitər/
    Noun:
    An apparatus that measures work or energy expended during a period of physical exercise.

It 's a treadmill or a rower or a stair stepper or any type of equipment that does the above definition, you know it has settings to do a mountain walk or a weightloss walk or cardio run on a treadmill or whatever setting you pick on the different types of equipment and it tells you pulse, calories burned, speed that is what this setting is used for... so you type in time used and then calories burned from what the machine says and it lets you mark it in your diary!
  • lunatikchik
    lunatikchik Posts: 30 Member
    I guess I need to jot down the calories burned next time, and make my own exercise, because I thought the same as most of you on Treadmill ergometer...
    and the "walking" 2.0 and 2.5 might be slow and leisurely pace to someone... but it sure as hell aint to me
    my little short legs are pumping as hard as they can to go that fast!
  • I am really down about this. I just found this thread after realizing I gained weight because I was using the Stair-treadmill ergometer as my exercise when I was really only on an inclined treadmill. I found this app about 3 weeks ago, and started to log my calories and exercise religiously. This past week, I was mystified as to why my clothes were getting snug and why I appeared slightly heavier. I had been dieting and exercising before I found this app a few weeks ago and I was doing really well. I was just about 2 lbs from my goal weight. Then, I found this app and was SO excited because I love to be precise. I didn't want to feel hungry or workout very hard if those things weren't necessary to reach my target weight. Well, fast-forward a few weeks and I have gained back the weight I lost before I found the app (3 lbs.) So disappointing. I know 3 lbs isn't the end of the world, but my weight fluctuation range is only 5 lbs. I have a big event in less than a week, for which, I wanted to be at the lower end of my range. Now, I am back where I started more than month ago. Ugh. Live and learn. I have changed my exercise selection to walking uphill, to reflect accurate caloric burn. :(
  • harleigh67
    CLARIFICATION that is how this thing works.........but this is for machines that allow you to put height and weight in before you run or row or use elliptical .....usually at a gym......NOT A HOME MACHINE....I use a pedometer and a Heart rate monitor when on home treadmill to check the accuracy trust me these machines at home do not account for height and weight and are off on calories burned for most people....good luck
  • harleigh67
    er·gom·e·ter/ərˈgämitər/
    Noun:
    An apparatus that measures work or energy expended during a period of physical exercise.

It 's a treadmill or a rower or a stair stepper or any type of equipment that does the above definition, you know it has settings to do a mountain walk or a weightloss walk or cardio run on a treadmill or whatever setting you pick on the different types of equipment and it tells you pulse, calories burned, speed that is what this setting is used for... so you type in time used and then calories burned from what the machine says and it lets you mark it in your diary!
    CLARIFICATION that is how this thing works.........but this is for machines that allow you to put height and weight in before you run or row or use elliptical .....usually at a gym......NOT A HOME MACHINE....I use a pedometer and a Heart rate monitor when on home treadmill to check the accuracy trust me these machines at home do not account for height and weight and are off on calories burned for most people....good luck
  • So I just joined, and I too was having a problem with the treadmill deal. I WOULD just put a normal treadmill, but mine is a self-propelled one with resistant arm things......any suggestions?
  • nicholestrong
    nicholestrong Posts: 3 Member
    I know this post is old but I found this really cool calculator http://42.195km.net/e/treadsim/:smile: :smile:
  • IMO: The treadmill login tracker on here is in accurate as opposes to your treadmill readings and
    other apps. It gives you a false reading as to how many calories you've burned. My treadmill along with a few other apps are about accurate to one another, not My Fitness Pal :(
  • lookmenow
    lookmenow Posts: 1 Member
    What about the 10,000 steps/75min=1232 calories?
  • OMG that is great information, I walk 35 minutes at 3.0-3.5 inclined level 2. I will up my time to one hour. and use the bands for arms.
  • How do you record HIIT exercises? I do it with a treadmill and did 20 minutes this morning. After my 2 minute warmup, I did 3.0 but every two minutes I changed the incline from 1.0 to 3.0 and the last one at 4.0. I am new at this and out of shape. According to researching it suggested to start out slowing and then progress. I appreciate your help.
  • adnama131313
    adnama131313 Posts: 2 Member
    I don't agaree with this exercise option. There are so many different speeds and inclines one can use on a treadmill, and likewise stairsteppers can be used from very slow to extremely high intensity. I use my home stairmaster stairstepper for high intensity interval training, gradually working up the resistence level.

Best is to estimate your own workout based on exertion (it may vay from day to day) and figure calories accordingly not forgetting to use your own weight as a guideline.

Note this quote from Google:

"Because the stair master works you harder, your body has to, in essence, play catch up to return itself back to normal meaning you burn more calories. You wont find a piece of cardio equipment that works you harder than the stair master. The stair master will give you a pretty intense HIIT workout."

https://www.gympros.com/equipment-workouts/high-intensity-interval-training-on-a-stairmaster/
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Good grief. There's so much misinformation in this zombie thread it makes my head spin (including the post that woke the zombie). It would be best to ignore all of it...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,029 Member
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Good grief. There's so much misinformation in this zombie thread it makes my head spin (including the post that woke the zombie). It would be best to ignore all of it...

YesYesYes. This is a terrible, awful, unscientific, inaccurate thread (mostly) and everyone should ignore everything in it.

That's one of the things I hate about zombie threads: So many of them, especially the really old ones, are terrible. (This one is, for sure, in sooooo many ways).
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    My gyms machines tell me how many calories I burn. I create an exercise and enter it manually. Example yesterday I did the treadmill 30 mins from 30-37 pace burned 151 calories.