25 TO LIFE-- JUNE

Options
Hi everyone! I thought I would start a new string rather than keep thumbing through the pages.

I know that I was MIA for the biggest part of last week but I have great news to report...my husband received an offer, and it's from the company he wanted the most! We are so thrilled. Thanks to all of you who gave words of encouragement and kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

In addition...I told you last week or the week before that I was going to start bringing my workouts down to see if it helped me with losing weight. I found out this past week that when I stay in the 75-85% of my MHR that I burned 1.5x the calories that I did when I was in the 85-95%. AMAZING!! Less work and less time but more calories...and it paid off...I lost 3 lbs since last week!! YEA!!! I am going to continue to try this method and see how it goes!

Good luck to everyone for today's weigh in.

Mine is 166.5

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi everyone! I thought I would start a new string rather than keep thumbing through the pages.

I know that I was MIA for the biggest part of last week but I have great news to report...my husband received an offer, and it's from the company he wanted the most! We are so thrilled. Thanks to all of you who gave words of encouragement and kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

In addition...I told you last week or the week before that I was going to start bringing my workouts down to see if it helped me with losing weight. I found out this past week that when I stay in the 75-85% of my MHR that I burned 1.5x the calories that I did when I was in the 85-95%. AMAZING!! Less work and less time but more calories...and it paid off...I lost 3 lbs since last week!! YEA!!! I am going to continue to try this method and see how it goes!

Mine is 166.5
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

Mine is 166.5

WOO-HOO for you and your hubby! That's fantastic news!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And way to go on the new workout routine - that's awesome! Maybe you were working so hard that your body was afraid to give up its fat stores - and now you've tricked it into losing again. Nicely done. :wink:

My official weigh-in day is tomorrow, but it looks like I am back on track again. Maybe going off and having a fun birthday helped! :tongue:

Em - I am loving all your photo mash-ups! :laugh: Jen, you're such a hottie!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making a new thread!
    I'm doing okay.
    161. Over the weekend I was 160, but who knows!!?? I guess I'll stay with 161. :grumble:

Didn't get my workout today b/c my franchisee came to my house and wasted my time, then I had to do some shopping before I picked up my son.
    It was like 100 degrees here today, so my other sons school had an early dismissal b/c of the heat, so as soon as he came home we went in the pool.
    I ran around the pool 10 times, backwards 2, did about 8 laps, and used the kickboard. Then I layed my fat butt on the raft and tried to get some sun!

those pictures are so silly! the one I did, my eyes are soooo big and I'm giving a creepy look! oh well, don't really have the time that Emily obviously has to spend on each one!
    bwahahaha!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Bumpin' with my big hips!
    Way to go everyone!
    weight and inches!!! hooray!!
    I haven't been eating well. Keep forgetting to eat breakfast.
    Don't think I'm going over. Haven't exercised at all this week. Except for the little swim on Mon. Feel so guilty!
    Went to the doc, have bronchitis, on antibiotics. Haven't been sleeping very well. I took a nighttime sudafed the other night and it kept me up till 2am!, then the next night (morning) I woke up at 4:30 coughing and didn't stop. Went down into the family room (with the sun). Then finally got a cat nap before the kids got up. I'm a mess!:sad: :sad:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Get well soon, Jen!!! :flowerforyou: Not being able to sleep is the worst. Go easy on yourself.

I am back on track this week - down to 172.8 on Tuesday (my official weigh-in day), and it was 171.4 today! Don't know if it'll stay there, but I hope so!

Yesterday was interesting - I got a fitness assessment done at the YMCA. I'll get the results tomorrow. He did my resting HR, blood pressure, body composition, cardio (riding a stationary bike at different resistences while he took my HR), strength (bench press a 35lb bar for as many times as I could keep a steady pace), sit-ups in a minute, and flexibility (sit and reach). It should be very interesting to see the results!!! I bet it would have been depressing if I had done one when I first started, although it would have been nice to see the change from then to now. Oh well.

Where'd everybody go? :indifferent:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Ok could not find the new thread so have been posting on the old. Will start using this one. So happy for you and your family , also the weight loss. buckeyebabe
    Jen it is so hard for me with the heat as well. once you are feeling better you will get back on track.
    cp you are doing fantastic, keep it up.

Trying to catch up on posts LOL. Lost inches not weight this week. Have my blood test for the diabetes next week please keep your fingers crossed for me. I really dont want to be put on medication. Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work.

:drinker: :drinker:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Haven't been around much lately. Things got crazy at work so I haven't had time to stop! We just started a new Biggest Loser contest at work, it ends Sept. 15. It sure would be nice to get down to 165 by then. I have still been running lots but really slow still. I ran 7.2 Tuesday and 5 today. I am organizing a 10k for work on July 1. So far I haven't had any takers!!

Last week - 187
    This week - 186
    Goal for Sept 15 - 165
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Buckeye - That's fantastic news!!!!!!!! :D:flowerforyou: So glad to hear it!

Way to go twin2! (:

I'm still not seeing much, but I'm back down to 180 (i went up a bit the past couple weeks). What's weird is I have no idea what made me go up or down, haha. I'm liking it though! Taking Minnie out on the water for the first time this weekend, weather permitting! I'm down enough I found a few dresses that I don't feel embarassed in so I appreciate the warmth! Might have found a class I can take up north here even with my arm still a bit immobile, wish me luck!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    HI all. Phew am I tired....my hubby and I took the boys to an amuzement park fo rthe past 3 days. My daughter went on vacation with my parents so it was just some alone time with the boys. It was fun but oh boy was it a few days of run, run, run!! Believe it or not...I am up 2 pounds!!! I think it's because of all the crap food we ate while on the grounds and, of course, all they have is high in fat foods!! OH well....it was a good and necessary stress release for all!

I hope all are doing well! I have to try and get a run in here today at some point but I feel like my body is revolting!! It's lovely getting older!!!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Ok let me start off saying I lost 2 pounds and am finally under 200 pounds. Good by 200's forever. I hope everyone has lost this week. :drinker:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Well, it seems that this thread is getting no action. Is 3 months the cut off for people who give up hope? There use to be 14 people on here!:angry:
    Well. Here's my story. I did NO exercise all week. I didn't really eat that great either. I'll tell you why. #1, I literally have NO money to go shopping. So I'm not getting the veggies and fruit that I need. My husband has been having intestinal problems and have not been making things with lots of fiber in it. i.e. beans, salads, etc. Been trying to get as much done for my vacation and shopping for the wedding (bras, shoes, things for the boys) Going to dr. appointments, that took up my time that I usually workout. I also haven't been drinking enough water, which I usually have no problem with. Ugh! And I'm paying the price. I'm at 162. I am NOT putting it into my check in, because hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be back where I was.
    So, as you can see, I'm a little discouraged. Poor. 2 pounds heavier again.
    Try to do my best this week. I just told my son, that now that he's home I still have to workout so he's gonna have to find something to do for an hour a day so I can workout. He said, okay, I'll go play on the computer while you dance! What a good kid.
    Have a better week.
    Drink your water.
    Eat Well!
    :heart: Jennifer
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! I had a really tough last couple weeks, not exercising and not doing as well with my eating. I was pretty stressed out. Even though I haven't been at the gym, I've been trying to stay active (batting cages, tossing around the football with my husband, etc.) so I am proud of myself for doing at least that! I am at 168. I hope to really stay on track this week and get my butt to the gym!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i am here! i just have the limited access while i am at home, which is usually the only time i can spend truly reading the boards (unless we are particularly slow here at the paper)

lasts week i checked my weight at was down one pound at 162. Im so sick of the scale barely moving! Im trying to convince myself it is all fat being replaced with muscle, bc of how much i have upped my exercise.
    I did the strength training class on friday directly after zumba, and liked it alot, even tho it was hard. My arms are so sore!

i did lose an inch on my waist at least finally! I think I might do ok if i keep up this routine of
    Monday-Zumba,
    Tuesday Pilates,
    Wed. Zumba and strength training (which burnt 1300 calories for me on friday!!!!!!!)
    thursday Pilates, and
    Friday Zumba again with strength training.

I can finally SEE the skinny person underneath, but my belly fat, back (bra) fat and arm fat are my main concerns right now, and i know the only way to get the tone to 'show thru' is to lose the fat on top.

i didnt track my cals this weekend bc of no internet, and i dont think i did very well wth the inlaws in town, so i think i set myself back... BUT hopefully that might be the 'push' i need in addition to my more intense workout routine.

siiigh that was a long one!
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    I was really bad this weekend, all I wanted to do was eat. Don't know what my deal was. I am going running this afternoon and will weigh in after that so I will have an update tomorrow.
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Wow! Way to go sindy!!!! That's awesome!! :flowerforyou:

I've been away for a bit, but I'm still kicking around. (:

I've been doing a lot more cooking - not seeing any real change, but I"m happy to not be going up. I am going to go renew my gym membership and see if I can't get a few more inches off somehow! Been walking the dog twice a day for at least 20 minutes too (it varies for weather and whatnot) so here's hoping!

It's discouraging, but hey, plateaus happen, right?
  • cp005e
    Options
    I'm still here!!! I have just been super busy at work the past week and haven't had time to read or post much.

SINDY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome news. Leave the 200s behind and don't look back! :drinker:

Jen - I like your new pic! And your before and afters are amazing - you have so much to be proud of. That is great that you were up front with your son about needing some time to exercise - maybe he will even help hold you to it! :wink:

So! Like I mentioned, I had this fitness assessment done at the Y last week, and I got my results on Friday. It was pretty interesting. Probably the most important was body fat % - I'm currently at 29.7% fat. They recommend a target of 23% for women, which surprisingly would mean that I only have 17 more pounds to lose - not the 27-32 that I had been thinking! So we will see how I feel when I get to 155 - my new magic number. I was disappointed with my cardio results - they only put me at the 22nd percentile! :sad: And I *KNOW* I've improved a lot - so I probably used to be at the 0th percentile! But it is also a function of weight, so when I get to my goal it will automatically increase my percentile for that. My strength was actually slightly above average! And my resting heart rate was very good - something like 90th percentile. So, all in all - interesting results. I sorta wish I could compare to what I was like when I started... but on the other hand, I might have been so discouraged back then that I might have just given up!

My weigh-in day is tomorrow, so I'll check back in at least once more this week. Wish me luck!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Wow! Way to go sindy!!!! That's awesome!! :flowerforyou:

I've been away for a bit, but I'm still kicking around. (:

I've been doing a lot more cooking - not seeing any real change, but I"m happy to not be going up. I am going to go renew my gym membership and see if I can't get a few more inches off somehow! Been walking the dog twice a day for at least 20 minutes too (it varies for weather and whatnot) so here's hoping!

It's discouraging, but hey, plateaus happen, right?

I was in a plateau for 5 weeks and then only lost 1 pound, none the next then finally just lost the 2. It was very hard to stick with it during that time. But I kept switching things up. I also recalulated my walking speed it seams I was walking slower than what I logged so I was over estimating calories:grumble: . I kept on that for the week and lost the 2 pounds. So make sure you are not over estimating burned calories. Keep it up you are doing great and you have been supportive and thank you with out the support I would have never made it through the last seven weeks. :flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Ran 3.5 miles yesterday and then weighed in at 184.2! That is down 2 from last week. I am so glad to finally see the numbers going down again. Hoping for 167 by mid August.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    WTG :drinker: I wish I could run but I have bad knee's and hips so I walk as fast as I can.
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all remember me?! hope everyone is having a good summer! mine is getting better! i haven't been around much lately, busy,busy since kids are home! i will admit i had given up there for awhile (at least i tried) but to be honest i couldn't stop counting cals even though i wasn't logging them! i was at my moms the other day and for all of you that remember, i don't own a scale so that is where i way myself. the scale was down about 10 lbs from the last time i weighed there! yea!!! so i am happy! anyway, i wanted to check in while i could! plus now i am proud that i can have a tracker!! and this is my 100th post!