What to do with Greek Yogurt?

Options
124»

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mixed with Dijon Mustard and put over chicken and baked.
  • summerseeker
    Options
    You can use it to marinade and cook chicken, its scrummy...

In a bowl put a large pot of YOGHURT, CRUSHED GARLIC and CURRY SPICES. Mix them together.
    Put 4 skinless CHICKEN BREASTS into the marinade. Cover and marinade for 1 hour - overnight.
    Take chicken coated with marinade and put onto a baking tray and cook in the oven.
    The marinade keeps the chicken moist and is really tasty.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Today for breakfast, I had 1/2 cup of Fage 2% with a 1/2 tbsp of raw honey ... wow! I've really gotta remember to do that more often!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    :heart: Valentine's *dessert*. :heart:

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1/2- 1 cup frozen berries
    1/4 package sugar free white chocolate pudding (dry mix... or you could use lemon, butterscotch, chocolate...)

Mix together for a yummy *dessert*.

Calories will depend on what type of yogurt and berries you use, but you can easily make it for under 200 calories. :bigsmile:
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I love it with just honey! I make mine in the crock pot and have saved so much money. Below is the easiest way to do it.
    And just in case the site doesn't say so...just strain the finished yogurt through either a cheesecloth, papertowel, or coffee filter lined strainer over a bow in the fridgel. I like mine really thick...almost like the yogurt cheese...so I strain it over night .

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html
  • curran80
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I got this fom a slow cooker recipe for roast beef sandwiches.

You mix plain greek yogurt with horseradish (to your taste level) and put it on your sandwich. It was delicious. I use it on leftovers too, like beef carnita meat or put it in our pitas with leftover steak.
  • msemejuru
    Options
    I made spinach, onion and mushroom quesadillas the other day and put spoonfuls of Greek yogurt and salsa on the plates for dipping. I was prepared for the complaints and fights but the kids didn't notice it wasn't sour cream. Now I'm going to try some other switches.
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I got this fom a slow cooker recipe for roast beef sandwiches.

You mix plain greek yogurt with horseradish (to your taste level) and put it on your sandwich. It was delicious. I use it on leftovers too, like beef carnita meat or put it in our pitas with leftover steak.

That is such a good idea! My hubby loves horseradish... I need to try that for him!
  • AbbydadNI
    Options
    add it to pasta sauce. it gives it a tang and makes it creamy. i usually add 1 small container to a 1/2 gallon of sauce. its awesome!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use plain Greek yogurt for starter to make more yogurt. I then use it like many have mentioned, in place of sour cream, with museli and fruit for breakfast......your imagination is the limit.......just an all round basic food. Great in baking, and a thousand other things.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    tonight I mixed it with avocados, lemon juice, cayenne powder, tomato and cilantro and put it on my fish tacos. YUM! :-D
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Greek Yoghurt with sliced banana and drizzled with honey is to die for as a tasty dessert, and so filling

or with any fruit for that matter! so good :)