Shakeology

gdunn55
gdunn55 Posts: 363
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Ok I've seen some folks here discussing it. What's the lowdown?

Replies

• mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    I will respond via message
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Its offered via Beachbody!! Many people like it, it can be used as a meal replacement or as snack! I usually use it to help me get to my desired calorie intake! It has many good things in it, I really don't notice a big benefit to my health per say, however, I think my health is pertty good! A previous poster said she would answer via private message, I am sure she can inform you more!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    It's an amazing meal replacement shake. It will be the healthiest meal of your day. It heps you, Lose Weight, Feel Energized, Improve Digestion and Regularity, Lower Cholesterol.

And I'm currently doing the Shakeology 3 Day cleanse now!!
  • gdunn55
    That's what I'm curious about. I've toyed with the idea that soon I want to replace one meal a day with a shake for a couple of weeks to help with weight loss. And I know what their websites say, but I want to hear it from people who have actually used it, their thoughts. If they liked it or didn't. Why. Where there any benefits. That kind of stuff.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    I drink it for breakfast every morning. It's convenient because I blend it and drink it on the way to work and it keeps me full until my mid-morning snack, sometimes longer. I like that it is fairly low-cal to start with so I can mix in different things without worrying about calories getting out of hand. There are plenty of recipes for different add-ins like frozen fruit, yogurt, almond milk, etc so it doesn't get boring. Lastly I've noticed increased energy and improved regularity since starting it. Plenty more info including nutrition labels, videos and testimonials over at shakeology.com good luck :)
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    I love it- and have noticed different health benefits. However it is quite expensive for a months supply.
  • gdunn55
    Plenty more info including nutrition labels, videos and testimonials over at shakeology.com good luck :)
    Thanks Brent, but that last line is what I don't want to go on. No offense to Beachbody.com, but they are marketing a product and they're not going to say anything negative about it. That's why I'm asking the question here. The first part is actually helpful. I'll probably overanalyze and eventually break down and try some.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Thanks Brent, but that last line is what I don't want to go on.

I completely understand. If nothing else, I just wanted to make you aware that the nutrition labels are available there. If you look back at other threads around here regarding Shakeology you'll see a lot of folks making comparisons to other products. With the label in hand you can make an apples to apples comparison. Plenty of folks here drink it so I'm sure you'll have more insight soon enough :) You may also have seen the 30 Day, Bottom of the Bag guarantee. Send back the empty bag if you don't like it. :)
  • gdunn55
    Nice. Thanks for the tips.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    As a nursing mama (who needs extra calories & protein) I eat it as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. I like mine mixed w/ unsweetened organic coconut milk--the chocolate is my fave. It tastes way better than I ever imagined and I get lots of extra goodies in it that I wasn't just making my own smoothies. I used to buy spirulina, maca root, etc... for my smoothies and this saves me some of the work up front. My daughter (who is almost 4) usually has some with me too. I am not a Beachbody coach. :-)
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Beachbody making your wallet lighter. Just eat healthy. You should be eating your nutrition and only supplementing deficiencies. Shakeology and Cleanse in a product name. 'nough said.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Shakeology and Cleanse in a product name. 'nough said.

Untrue, a cleanse is merely one application of Shakeology it is not the primary purpose and is certainly not in the product's name. I personally don't get the whole cleanse or detox thing either but different strokes for different folks.
  • Beachbody making your wallet lighter. Just eat healthy. You should be eating your nutrition and only supplementing deficiencies. Shakeology and Cleanse in a product name. 'nough said.

I think it's easy to crap on Beachbody, and I was skeptical too at first. I read about Shakeology for a YEAR until I tried it for myself. I am now a huge supporter for a variety of reasons.

1. It is complete nutrition in an easy package.
    2.I noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level just weeks into adding it one time daily.
    3. It has stopped a LOT of cravings for me. I think this is dependant upon the kind of craver that you are.
    4. There are hundreds of recipies to mix into a shake dependant upon your caloric needs.
    5. Beachbody's products work. Period. If you can commit to their programs, you will get results. No matter who you are. I have been working out my entire adult life and NOTHING has changed my body the way this Club has.

So, **** on Beachbody if you must and keep paying for your gym memebership or running on your treadmill and feeling frustrated because nothing changes. I did for long enough. I feel better now than I ever have and I owe it to Team Beachbody. So I will sing their praises.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Beachbody making your wallet lighter. Just eat healthy. You should be eating your nutrition and only supplementing deficiencies. Shakeology and Cleanse in a product name. 'nough said.

Shakeology supplements deficiencies exactly as you suggest. There are ingredients in Shakeology that provide whole food nutrition, probiotics, super fruits, enzymes, vitamins and minerals and a whole lot more. And at $4 a glass it is a steal for the nutrition that you get. Every product you buy makes your wallet lighter. What is important is what you get for the money. I have experienced first hand the benefits of drinking Shakeology daily for a year....lost weight, gained energy. stopped all symptoms of IBS, steadied my blood sugar so I no longer struggle with hypoglycemia anywhere near as severely AND my husbands bad cholesterol was lowered by 20% and the good cholesterol increased by 25%...he no longer has to take Lipitor. 'nough said.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member

I think it's easy to crap on Beachbody, and I was skeptical too at first. I read about Shakeology for a YEAR until I tried it for myself. I am now a huge supporter for a variety of reasons.

1. It is complete nutrition in an easy package.
    2.I noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level just weeks into adding it one time daily.
    3. It has stopped a LOT of cravings for me. I think this is dependant upon the kind of craver that you are.
    4. There are hundreds of recipies to mix into a shake dependant upon your caloric needs.
    5. Beachbody's products work. Period. If you can commit to their programs, you will get results. No matter who you are. I have been working out my entire adult life and NOTHING has changed my body the way this Club has.

So, **** on Beachbody if you must and keep paying for your gym memebership or running on your treadmill and feeling frustrated because nothing changes. I did for long enough. I feel better now than I ever have and I owe it to Team Beachbody. So I will sing their praises.

Yay Rochelle!!! I totally agree. Beachbody is real. Their programs work. They have integrity like no company I have ever seen and I will sing their praises too.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    I'll just say, all else aside, it's friggin YUMMY. If you use protein shakes to supplment your nutrition, or replace meals here and there, it's a great option. Great texture, and seriously delicious.

I also have the workout DVD's (a friend is a Beachbody coach, and she gave them to me) - as one would expect of a Beachbody workout, they're great. I'm enjoying them a lot!
  • gdunn55
    Alright, I see all the positive reviews, are there any folks out there that have used Shakeology and have something negative to say about it besides the cost?
  • Alright, I see all the positive reviews, are there any folks out there that have used Shakeology and have something negative to say about it besides the cost?
    [/quote

haha, the only negative thing I can say is be prepared to be a little more friendly with the toilet than you may have been in the past. It definitely helps clean out the junk in your system!
  • gdunn55
    Alright, I see all the positive reviews, are there any folks out there that have used Shakeology and have something negative to say about it besides the cost?

haha, the only negative thing I can say is be prepared to be a little more friendly with the toilet than you may have been in the past. It definitely helps clean out the junk in your system!
    Hey we all gotta poop right?
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    I forgot to mention you could compare Shakeology to Vega.
    http://myvega.com/products/whole-food-health-optimizer/features-benefits

It's one I've actually wanted to try, but my local health food store didn't have it and I just haven't gotten around to ordering it yet. Looks interesting enough, although just as quick glance the ingredient list is shorter than Shakeology but they do contain some of the same things.
This discussion has been closed.