Shakeology

2»

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Beachbody making your wallet lighter. Just eat healthy. You should be eating your nutrition and only supplementing deficiencies. Shakeology and Cleanse in a product name. 'nough said.

I think it's easy to crap on Beachbody, and I was skeptical too at first. I read about Shakeology for a YEAR until I tried it for myself. I am now a huge supporter for a variety of reasons.

1. It is complete nutrition in an easy package.
    2.I noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level just weeks into adding it one time daily.
    3. It has stopped a LOT of cravings for me. I think this is dependant upon the kind of craver that you are.
    4. There are hundreds of recipies to mix into a shake dependant upon your caloric needs.
    5. Beachbody's products work. Period. If you can commit to their programs, you will get results. No matter who you are. I have been working out my entire adult life and NOTHING has changed my body the way this Club has.

So, **** on Beachbody if you must and keep paying for your gym memebership or running on your treadmill and feeling frustrated because nothing changes. I did for long enough. I feel better now than I ever have and I owe it to Team Beachbody. So I will sing their praises.

Uh, I've complete BB programs and have helped 100s of others do the same. There are pro's and cons like anything and there are also much less time consuming, less injury risk programs, better muscle building routines, better IMHO nutrition options to try.

The only thing really unique about the BB stuff is their marketing works. The programs are nothing new or groundbreaking, the nutrition is nothing new, and neither are their own brand of supplements(which are a dime a dozen in general and only vary slightly Brand to Brand).

Shakeology sure isn't being plastered all over the news and medical communities as the be all end all of supplementation.

You found that answer in BB routines, but you could have found it in just about any gym with a trainer that was educated, a borders bookstore, a high school/college football training program, an internet search, Mens health magazine, A bowflex infomercial, The Nautilus Bulletins, etc.

And what do good marketing companies do? Win customers. What do the really good ones do? Get repeat buyers?
    What do the elite do? Keep new products in the pipeline and also surround the whole thing with an MLM Coaching scheme.

My only real ***** with any BB program is that the intro DVD doesn't do enough. It could easily be an hour of answering the most common concerns and questions that are often common amongst the different programs. Go to their forums, same questions every day or so. They also don't stress moving to a maintenance plan enough, which is understandable from the marketing machine standpoint. Just remember, the joints can only take so much over a life time. Instead of burning 4200 calories a week in cardio you can remove them through intake and move to a cardiovascular maintenance workout. 100's of pull ups, curls, presses, lunges, squats, tri-extensions, kick backs, front raises, lateral raises, blah, blah, blah don't keep adding muscle, they can actually risk losing it long term. Also not needed for maintenance. Maintenance is much less frequent and much less food.

I fail to see were pointing out price of a supplement is **** on Beachbody.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Since you're asking for negatives, here's mine:

I don't like the Greenberry flavor. I think it is an acquired taste. It works for some, but not for me.

I like Beachbody programs - the Shakeology workouts to me are lacking and not a "program" that is up to par with the other Beachbody videos. I think Tonya is annoying.

It really needs to be made in a blender. Stirring it and shaking it don't mix it up well enough. If you're trying to make it at work, this might be a problem.

The postives:

Once I started drinking it, I lost 5 times the weight that I had the first round of P90X.

It's cheaper for me than going out and getting a meal.

The chocolate really has taken care of my cravings, I've even been able to give up bread/tortillas/pasta etc. in addition to my ice cream/cookies/cakes.

My energy has been so much better.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Since you're asking for negatives, here's mine:

I don't like the Greenberry flavor. I think it is an acquired taste. It works for some, but not for me.

I like Beachbody programs - the Shakeology workouts to me are lacking and not a "program" that is up to par with the other Beachbody videos. I think Tonya is annoying.

It really needs to be made in a blender. Stirring it and shaking it don't mix it up well enough. If you're trying to make it at work, this might be a problem.

The postives:

Once I started drinking it, I lost 5 times the weight that I had the first round of P90X.

It's cheaper for me than going out and getting a meal.

The chocolate really has taken care of my cravings, I've even been able to give up bread/tortillas/pasta etc. in addition to my ice cream/cookies/cakes.

My energy has been so much better.

I agree. I do not like the Greenberry either! Hands down the reason you see mostly positive comments on it is because there is little negative to say about it. I can say that I have tried other meal replacement shakes and various protein shakes. Most have a strong after taste from the Whey protein which I personally cannot stand. Unlike those other products, which I have been known to throw away because I couldn't stand the idea of choking them down to save a buck, Beachbody has a "bottom of the bag" guarantee. You buy one bag or box of single serving packets, use it one time or empty the container, and if you don't like it for any reason, you can ship the container back and get a refund. I never had Slim-Fast offering to refund my money for the crap they package and market on tv commercials!

Since I started using Shakeology about six months ago, my energy levels are up, my IBS never bothers me, my skin has cleared up tremendously , when I crave sugar (my biggest weakness), I crave a Shakeology over anything else...I could go on and on. Honestly, the only way to know, as with anything else out there, is to give it a try.

Different things work for different people. One cannot declare that something doesn't work or is merely effective marketing at its finest when it boils down to different preferences. I could not afford to pay a gym membership and hire a personal trainer and nutritionist, so I started using Beachbody programs four years ago. They cover all the same bases and provide all the educational materials one needs. With that and my own independent research outside of Beachbody, I have lost 50 lbs without a gym membership. I became a Beachbody coach only last July, after being a customer for four years.

Just give Shakeology a try and decide for yourself.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Coaching is NOT and MLM scheme. Period. It is not a get rich quick scheme either. It takes work. It means being committed to your own fitness journey and it means inspiring others to reach their goals. To be a successful coach takes effort, perseverance, committment...just like a successful fitness or weight loss program. It is about people helping other people and being a part of the solution to the obesity crisis in this country. And there is a huge crisis. Are there other ways to be a part of the solution. Yes. Does that mean coaching for Beachbody is not legitimate. No. It is a system that helps people get fit, helps them take control of their own lives financially and otherwise. Again, it is not for everyone. But it is for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to help people.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    The only thing I see wrong with Shakeology is the use of Soy protein, and I need to research and make sure I'm right, but awhile back I read an article that soy protein was not recommended for use among males. Now considering it wouldn't be my only sorce of protein, I'm sure that it's no problem, but I need to dig more on it. I appreciate everyone's input.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Alright, I see all the positive reviews, are there any folks out there that have used Shakeology and have something negative to say about it besides the cost?

I haven't tried it, so I really can't have an opinion either way. However, my view is unless I'm going to make something (including Shakeology) a part of my day long-term, then it's not going to work. I don't see myself drinking it every day for the rest of my life, and I am here to be healthier, not just to eliminate "bad" foods, eat more "good" foods and get to my goal weight. Most people succeed when they make long-term changes, not short term fixes to get them to their goal... then what? Anyhow, that's just my opinion in general... whether we're talking about Shakeology or anything else.
  • YogaRunner
    The only thing I see wrong with Shakeology is the use of Soy protein, and I need to research and make sure I'm right, but awhile back I read an article that soy protein was not recommended for use among males. Now considering it wouldn't be my only sorce of protein, I'm sure that it's no problem, but I need to dig more on it. I appreciate everyone's input.

Shakeology does NOT use soy protein. It is made with whey protein. 17 grams per serving.
  • gdunn55

Shakeology does NOT use soy protein. It is made with whey protein. 17 grams per serving.
    The website said a mixture of soy and whey.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member

That would be a problem, if only soy was used, I stay away from soy like the plague, only those wierd vegans use that stuff :)
  • gdunn55

That would be a problem, if only soy was used, I stay away from soy like the plague, only those wierd vegans use that stuff :)

I was wrong.. But I can't find on the shakeology website where it's strictly whey.. I was actually looking at the Beachbody meal replacements when I saw the soy and whey combo. That was my mistake.. I f'ed up.
  • I can't find anything about soy in the ingredients. It says it may be processed in a plant that also processes soy along with other products but I dont think soy is in the actual product. If you send me a message I can email you the ingredients page if you like.
  • gdunn55
    I read it Jay. Like I said I got mixed up on my info.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    I just looked at my bag and it says whey protein isolate, 15g.
  • Ok gotcha. If you want another yes endorsement I will give you one. My wife and I take it daily and have for about a year. She drinks hers at breakfast and I use mine as a snack in the afternoon. Absolutely love it, the Choc. anyway. Not a fan of Greenberry.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    I haven't tried it, so I really can't have an opinion either way. However, my view is unless I'm going to make something (including Shakeology) a part of my day long-term, then it's not going to work. I don't see myself drinking it every day for the rest of my life, and I am here to be healthier, not just to eliminate "bad" foods, eat more "good" foods and get to my goal weight. Most people succeed when they make long-term changes, not short term fixes to get them to their goal... then what? Anyhow, that's just my opinion in general... whether we're talking about Shakeology or anything else.

I agree!!I wouldn't waste my hard earned dollars on it...just sayin'
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    I wanna give it a try one of these days. Though I would only drink 2-3 a week. $100 a month is too much for a drink.
  • Beachbody making your wallet lighter. Just eat healthy. You should be eating your nutrition and only supplementing deficiencies. Shakeology and Cleanse in a product name. 'nough said.

I think it's easy to crap on Beachbody, and I was skeptical too at first. I read about Shakeology for a YEAR until I tried it for myself. I am now a huge supporter for a variety of reasons.

1. It is complete nutrition in an easy package.
    2.I noticed a HUGE difference in my energy level just weeks into adding it one time daily.
    3. It has stopped a LOT of cravings for me. I think this is dependant upon the kind of craver that you are.
    4. There are hundreds of recipies to mix into a shake dependant upon your caloric needs.
    5. Beachbody's products work. Period. If you can commit to their programs, you will get results. No matter who you are. I have been working out my entire adult life and NOTHING has changed my body the way this Club has.

So, **** on Beachbody if you must and keep paying for your gym memebership or running on your treadmill and feeling frustrated because nothing changes. I did for long enough. I feel better now than I ever have and I owe it to Team Beachbody. So I will sing their praises.

Uh, I've complete BB programs and have helped 100s of others do the same. There are pro's and cons like anything and there are also much less time consuming, less injury risk programs, better muscle building routines, better IMHO nutrition options to try.

The only thing really unique about the BB stuff is their marketing works. The programs are nothing new or groundbreaking, the nutrition is nothing new, and neither are their own brand of supplements(which are a dime a dozen in general and only vary slightly Brand to Brand).

Shakeology sure isn't being plastered all over the news and medical communities as the be all end all of supplementation.

You found that answer in BB routines, but you could have found it in just about any gym with a trainer that was educated, a borders bookstore, a high school/college football training program, an internet search, Mens health magazine, A bowflex infomercial, The Nautilus Bulletins, etc.

And what do good marketing companies do? Win customers. What do the really good ones do? Get repeat buyers?
    What do the elite do? Keep new products in the pipeline and also surround the whole thing with an MLM Coaching scheme.

My only real ***** with any BB program is that the intro DVD doesn't do enough. It could easily be an hour of answering the most common concerns and questions that are often common amongst the different programs. Go to their forums, same questions every day or so. They also don't stress moving to a maintenance plan enough, which is understandable from the marketing machine standpoint. Just remember, the joints can only take so much over a life time. Instead of burning 4200 calories a week in cardio you can remove them through intake and move to a cardiovascular maintenance workout. 100's of pull ups, curls, presses, lunges, squats, tri-extensions, kick backs, front raises, lateral raises, blah, blah, blah don't keep adding muscle, they can actually risk losing it long term. Also not needed for maintenance. Maintenance is much less frequent and much less food.

I fail to see were pointing out price of a supplement is **** on Beachbody.

You post implied that Shakeology was just another supplement and Beachbody was just another company looking for your money. Newsflash: all fitness programs/supplements/etc want your $. Not everyone can AFFORD a personal trainer or a gym membership or a nutrition expert. Some people like things spelled out for them nutritionally. People are busy. A lot of MOMS cannot find an hour or so to devote to cardio 5 days a week. And if you want to change your body you CANNOT just do cardio and most people are not willing to change their body by diet alone. Personally, I like to eat food and if it means I have to workout more in order to eat more, I will.

What I LIKE about Beachbody is that once you buy a fitness program, it's YOURS. You can do it again later. You can use heavier weights. Beachbody isn't the only way I stay fit, it has just offered me more options and options that I can fit into my lifestyle. Not all of the programs are as time consuming as you make them sound AND the ones I have used are WAY more fun than running on a treadmill or working out alone in a stinky, germ filled gym.

Sorry your expereince with BB has not been as posotive as mine has. But you have to acknowledge that Americans have an obesity problem and anyway to get more people to tune into their nutrition and become physically fit is positive. Period.
  • YogaRunner
    I wanna give it a try one of these days. Though I would only drink 2-3 a week. $100 a month is too much for a drink.

Please remember that it is $4 per glass and if it is used as a meal replacement it is less expensive than most meals! How many times do you spend way more than $4 on a meal? And not get the nutritional value found in Shakeology in that meal? Just trying to offer a different perspective. It is not just a drink. It is nutrition that we simply don't get in our typical diets. The health benefits that my family has received are remarkable and we would never get the ingredients in Shakeology into our diets in any reasonable way simply eating "healthy". I say this because wheat grass, oat grass, barley grass, kamut grass, chorella, spirulina, blue green algae, Sacha inchi, Chia seed, flax seed, MSM, pea fiber, quinoa, maca powder, yacon etc etc are not a part of what I can typically find in my grocery store.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    If you've stopped shakeology, have you gained weight back? Have you become more or less dependent on it?
  • YogaRunner
    I have not stopped Shakeology, but I have stopped or significantly slowed losing weight. I am a size 6 now and no longer am focusing on losing weight, but rather body fat percentage. I don't think you get dependent on Shakeology. That would be like getting dependent on food. Shakeology helps you lose weight as part of an overall healthy way of eating. I'd say I'm dependent on it because of the health benefits I received from using it....I don't want to give that up!
This discussion has been closed.