Starting over - Again!

Options
Hi there,

I'm new to this site, but not new to the ongoing struggle to lose weight. I started seeing a nutritionist in July and have lost about 8 lbs since then, but I have been far from diligent with the program. Now I realize I need more support from others to help me get through this and stay on track since I only see her once every 2 months.

Is there anyone out there that can offer any words of advice? I guess we're all here for support and I realize it's time to get on with it and quit putting off this whole weight-loss thing. Not just for me, but for my son who I would like to see grow up.

Tracy

Replies

• tracturk
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm new to this site, but not new to the ongoing struggle to lose weight. I started seeing a nutritionist in July and have lost about 8 lbs since then, but I have been far from diligent with the program. Now I realize I need more support from others to help me get through this and stay on track since I only see her once every 2 months.

Is there anyone out there that can offer any words of advice? I guess we're all here for support and I realize it's time to get on with it and quit putting off this whole weight-loss thing. Not just for me, but for my son who I would like to see grow up.

Tracy
  • thenewrach
    Options
    Know in your self that you can do it because if you dont belive that you can do it you only set your self up to fail. I have faith in you that you can do it....:smile:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Words of advice? Just do it! :smile:

Seriously, the site helps a lot with tracking calories. I personally find weekends hard to track. Not so much that I think I'm going over, just no time to keep it logged. Otherwise, it is just the thing to keep myself on track most of the time.

I don't give myself a hard time on those occasions when I 'splurge'. My weight is steadily dropping and a splurge doesn't stop me, just delays me by a day or so. So, no getting depressed if you aren;t performing prefectly; none of us do.

Sometimes I read that people are having a hard day or getting a little discouraged. When they post this, they are immediatly supported with advice and kind words, so post away when you feel the need for a little boost.

If this classifies as advice, then there ya go. :smile:
  • thenewrach
    Options
    I too have trouble on weekends but I can pick what I eat and try to make it a good one... I also have the proublem I work over nights so I dont always get all my cals
  • tracturk
    Options
    Thanks guys. Those both qualify as great pearls of wisdom and things to keep ion mind.:wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    tracturk -

When I first started MFP, it took me a couple weeks to wade through all the GREAT ideas and posts on this site - from exercise ideas, to recipes, to successes and failures, there are so many smart, informed, helpful people on this site. You will always find something to help if you need it.

Stay with us! Welcome!

~cheryl
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like the present to start a new.
    Welcome you have come to the right place.
    Good Luck!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Enjoy getting to know everyone and we look forward to your success story.

Eve
    :flowerforyou:
  • tracturk
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome - I look forward to sharing with you as I move forward!:happy:
  • traumarn
    traumarn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wishing you the best. :flowerforyou: