Snowflakes to Sunshine Week#5 Discussion (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around much! I'm trying to get back into it. I went a little crazy with the sodium over the past week, so I've been seeing higher numbers on the scale and letting it get to me.

But I'm back in the game. I've got 4 weeks and my size 12s are screaming my name. I REALLY want to wear them on my 25th birthday!! Not to mention, in 5 weeks, I'll be sitting on the beach in Mexico! I'm going to work really hard to hit my goal of being under 190. I'm not sure if it's going to happen, but I'll get as close as I can!!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    aren't you guys all mfp friends? Couldn't you discuss your topic on the op's personal page or start a blog rather starting your own personal "closed group" in the forum area? apparently this is offensive to one of my mfps...just a thought.

The reason why it says closed group is because the first couple couple of weeks people would keep asking if they could join the group. With over 100 participates we cant contiue to add people to the group. It is not like we only let certain people into the group, There was a spreadsheet created and someone who keeps up with everyones progress, it is not like we did it to be rude or offensive. There are a million groups on here so maybe you could find one that works for you. Like i said there are over 100 participants so without a forum we really cant stay in touch with EVERYONE. Sorry if your friend was offended, we are just trying to keep our conversations in some type of order without random people asking every week if they can join even if we are already on week 5. Everyone is here for the same reason, to lose weight and to be healthy, I hardly feel that having a closed group is preventing anyone from reaching their goals.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    aren't you guys all mfp friends? Couldn't you discuss your topic on the op's personal page or start a blog rather starting your own personal "closed group" in the forum area? apparently this is offensive to one of my mfps...just a thought.

You're kidding, right? :noway:
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Happy Tuesday my Beautiful Snowflakes!!! I hope everyone is having an OK week so far. I had a bit of a melt down yesterday (i know i know I am an emotional rollercoaster LOL) But I am back on track!!! I worked out last night even though I didnt feel like it and I even weighed myself this morning (i know we arent supposed to but i was curious lol) and I am down a pound from Friday!! It might just be possible for me to be in the 150's by my 23rd Birthday :) ---My birthday is on Sunday(yes unfortunately on the day of the SuperBowl) so that means I need to lose another pound by then but hey i might just be able to do it :) I havent worked out for today yet but I definately I am going to tonight!!! I am praying to see 159 this Friday :laugh: I would be soooooo happy!!! Everyone remember Biggest Loser is on tonight so lets get our motivation on!!! :happy:

Oh and I also want to thank you all for all of your support!! I literally would have given up a long time ago without you all!!
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday my Beautiful Snowflakes!!! I hope everyone is having an OK week so far. I had a bit of a melt down yesterday (i know i know I am an emotional rollercoaster LOL) But I am back on track!!! I worked out last night even though I didnt feel like it and I even weighed myself this morning (i know we arent supposed to but i was curious lol) and I am down a pound from Friday!! It might just be possible for me to be in the 150's by my 23rd Birthday :) ---My birthday is on Sunday(yes unfortunately on the day of the SuperBowl) so that means I need to lose another pound by then but hey i might just be able to do it :) I havent worked out for today yet but I definately I am going to tonight!!! I am praying to see 159 this Friday :laugh: I would be soooooo happy!!! Everyone remember Biggest Loser is on tonight so lets get our motivation on!!! :happy:

Oh and I also want to thank you all for all of your support!! I literally would have given up a long time ago without you all!!

Amanda: Yay on being back on track and for getting that workout in last night! :smile: : You may get into the 150s by your b'day, but, if not, don't beat yourself up about it. You WILL get there. Maybe by Sunday or maybe by the next Sunday, but you will do it!!

Happy b'day, by the way. :flowerforyou: Mine is tomorrow. Apparently, snow is my b'day present (it's "Snowmageddon" where I am).
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This is such a great group. I love all the positive energy flowing. It is so easy to get discouraged but when you read as a group the ups and downs everyone is going through, you know you aren't alone.
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    I think it's the phrase, "closed group" that puts people off. If a topic looks interesting to some, who wouldn't want to participate in it only to find out they're blocked out? It's like living in Mexico and walking by a building with a sign that says, "English only" lol but hey, how else could it be spelled out w/out looking rude? In our case, we changed it immediately to be bi lingual. in this case...idk...(we've been together since the beginning so please don't mess up my spread sheet & join in) lol I mean, there's only so many letters that can fit in the topic!

I'm done interrupting your thread...I don't like it when people get a great thread going in the wrong direction...I was just in a weird mood today ;o)
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I think it's the phrase, "closed group" that puts people off. If a topic looks interesting to some, who wouldn't want to participate in it only to find out they're blocked out? It's like living in Mexico and walking by a building with a sign that says, "English only" lol but hey, how else could it be spelled out w/out looking rude? In our case, we changed it immediately to be bi lingual. in this case...idk...(we've been together since the beginning so please don't mess up my spread sheet & join in) lol I mean, there's only so many letters that can fit in the topic!

I'm done interrupting your thread...I don't like it when people get a great thread going in the wrong direction...I was just in a weird mood today ;o)

We are hardly so elitist as to deserve being compared to an "English Only" store. Really?

There are so many groups that others can join. If there aren't already enough, create your own! The goal of this group is to support everyone who's in the group. No need for MFP drama.
  • Krys_T
    Options

Great job! I was the same way...last night I had already logged my exercise earlier in the day, but had to drag myself up and do it at 11:00pm...but I did it, and that is what mattered the most! And you never know what can happen you could see 159 Friday...just watch the sodium and keep chugging water girly!
  • Krys_T
    Options
    This is such a great group. I love all the positive energy flowing. It is so easy to get discouraged but when you read as a group the ups and downs everyone is going through, you know you aren't alone.

Glad you feel this way! This is EXACTLY why I created the group!!
  • Krys_T
    Options

Amanda: Yay on being back on track and for getting that workout in last night! :smile: : You may get into the 150s by your b'day, but, if not, don't beat yourself up about it. You WILL get there. Maybe by Sunday or maybe by the next Sunday, but you will do it!!

Happy b'day, by the way. :flowerforyou: Mine is tomorrow. Apparently, snow is my b'day present (it's "Snowmageddon" where I am).

Dont feel bad...it was snowing on my birthday! Uggghhh but I have decided to start celebrating my 1/2 birthday which would be July 11th....nice and hot! LOL
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Hey Snowflakes!! I just wanted to share some of my favorite recipes from Hungry Girl!! These are just the ones that I have personally tried and I love!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/143872-hungry-girl-new-love?page=2#posts-2209512
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sooo.... I went to the doctor today for some medical stuff and happened to ask about my weight and why it might not be coming off. I got a referral to see a dietician. Yay! I will be taking copies of my food journal with me and see what it is I need to do. I weighed myself this morning (yeah, only once a week--i know) but I am up almost 2 pounds from Saturday. I'm sick of losing the same 4 pounds over and over! So glad to see I'm not the only one struggling though. Motivation has been lacking a little this week for me as well. I think for me it was because our nice warm temperatures just fell and now its snowing like crazy. Eeeewwwwww. It's pretty to look at, but I live in a desert for a reason! I like HOT temperatures! :) Ah well.
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ok, so for those who have been talking about not seeing the loss they are looking for...I challenge you all to do this. Take a look back at your food diaries. Understand that all fats are not created equal, all sugar are not created equal. So even though you feel like you are under calories, fat, carbs, etc. Are you eating things that promote weight loss? I can be at 1200 calories a day and still not lose weight if I am not putting the right fuel in my body. This may be the case with a lot of us that aren't seeing "big" numbers on the scale. So I would tell everyone to look back at your diaries and see how nutrient-rich the foods are that you are eating.

For example, I know sometimes we may eat packaged oatmeal or grits for breakfast....try instead old fashioned Quaker Oats oatmeal that does not have the higher sodium or sugar as somoe of the packaged stuff. Also, cheese slices, unless stated they are processed. Processed foods, slow down the metabolism. If you are eating it for protein purposes, try eating greek yogurt and add some fresh fruit to it. After reading up on some things, I realized that I was not giving myself enough leafy greens. Also, protein is huge! Especially, lean protein.

I talk about this in my "Eating Clean" blog www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com It goes into great detail regarging how these two (lean protein and complex carbs) go hand in hand in increasing metabolism and BMR! Just something for everyone to think about! :)
  • CuteMommy88
    Options
    Ok, so for those who have been talking about not seeing the loss they are looking for...I challenge you all to do this. Take a look back at your food diaries. Understand that all fats are not created equal, all sugar are not created equal. So even though you feel like you are under calories, fat, carbs, etc. Are you eating things that promote weight loss? I can be at 1200 calories a day and still not lose weight if I am not putting the right fuel in my body. This may be the case with a lot of us that aren't seeing "big" numbers on the scale. So I would tell everyone to look back at your diaries and see how nutrient-rich the foods are that you are eating.

For example, I know sometimes we may eat packaged oatmeal or grits for breakfast....try instead old fashioned Quaker Oats oatmeal that does not have the higher sodium or sugar as somoe of the packaged stuff. Also, cheese slices, unless stated they are processed. Processed foods, slow down the metabolism. If you are eating it for protein purposes, try eating greek yogurt and add some fresh fruit to it. After reading up on some things, I realized that I was not giving myself enough leafy greens. Also, protein is huge! Especially, lean protein.

I talk about this in my "Eating Clean" blog www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com It goes into great detail regarging how these two (lean protein and complex carbs) go hand in hand in increasing metabolism and BMR! Just something for everyone to think about! :)

Good for you Krys!!! That is impressive!! I am so proud of you :happy:
  • CuteMommy88
    Options

[/quote]

Happy Early Birthday!!!! :happy:
  • Krys_T
    Options
    Ok...so I thought this would be a good exercise for all of us....

Reply on here and write down at home ANY excuse you have made for not working out or eating right.....

Ex. I will start Monday, I was having a bad day, I was too busy.....

Now write down next to that or underneath...how to refute your own excuse.

Example: I was having a bad day.........I will feel much better after I workout.

Now keep this list somewhere handy every day and any time you start to fix your mouth to use this excuse....look at the list!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I thought this would be a good exercise for all of us....

Reply on here and write down at home ANY excuse you have made for not working out or eating right.....

Ex. I will start Monday, I was having a bad day, I was too busy.....

Now write down next to that or underneath...how to refute your own excuse.

Example: I was having a bad day.........I will feel much better after I workout.

Now keep this list somewhere handy every day and any time you start to fix your mouth to use this excuse....look at the list!

I sooooo need to do this. Great idea Krystle!:flowerforyou:

I was having a bad day so I came home and ate a cheeseburger.........this does not solve anything and it's going against my hard work.

I don't feel like going to the gym becasue I'm too tired........but I know I will great afterwards. I need to just do it!
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for this awesome thread! Krys, as always, keeps me motivated with everything she says, thanks Helengator and for the great information and klwa, I love this! "A pound a week is 52 pounds in a year." I've been feeling pretty blah this week too, even though I've still been trying to bike to work in the snow. (Crazy? I prefer dedicated! :bigsmile:) My nutrition has really been slacking and I've got to make a much better effort during the rest of this challenge.