Demographics

RoadDog
RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
I have a couple of routes I walk at lunch. During the spring I like to walk the Pearl district in Portland. Very eclectic. Lost of people out walking during the spring and summer. Sidewalk cafes, up-scale homes, friendly people. However, if I feel like I just want to walk and have a cigar, I take a different route. Don't want to foul up the air with my cigar, so I head down toward the industrial area by my work. It's an area I wouldn't walk in after dark. Rough looking bars, railroad tracks, lots of industrial businesses belching smoke into the air. I have a specific route. Go past this one building frequently. Outside the main door there is a bench and there is usually this one gal out there having a cigarette. She is rough looking. Looks like she would be just as at home pouring beers at the bar as she would be bouncing rowdies at the door. I definitely would not *kitten* with her. For the first year I just got wary looks when I walked by. Occasionally, I say hi and get a hi back.

Today, I walked by. She stood up as I approached and stepped into my path. "Hi" I say. "Hi', she replies, "Are you married?" "Yep." Oh, okay." End of conversation.

I guess rough-looking, chain-smoking 50 somethings are my demographic.

Replies

• tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    LOL :laugh:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    :heart: Chicks dig the RoadDog. :devil:
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    haha, funny
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    LOL this post made my day!!! Thanks!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Awww funny! :heart:
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Dude, I hear that. Well, except instead of rough-looking chicks it's single moms; I must look trustworthy or something.

I walk Burnside on the west side a lot. Lots of people to look at. Last week I smoked a cigar while walking down 39th, then went west on Belmont for a stretch. Typically I head down Hawthorne. Lots of weirdos/shops to see there ;)

Every now and again I walk down the street and think to myself "I wonder if I'll run into RoadDog." True story.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    LMAO! :smokin: :heart:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    The question to ask yourself here, Mike, is does she have a deeper voice than you. :heart: :noway:
  • RoadDog
    Dude, I hear that. Well, except instead of rough-looking chicks it's single moms; I must look trustworthy or something.

I walk Burnside on the west side a lot. Lots of people to look at. Last week I smoked a cigar while walking down 39th, then went west on Belmont for a stretch. Typically I head down Hawthorne. Lots of weirdos/shops to see there ;)

Every now and again I walk down the street and think to myself "I wonder if I'll run into RoadDog." True story.

I rarely go through that area. I live near SE 174th and Division, but I was at Movie Madness at 44th and Belmont to pick up a movie on Monday and back again on Tuesday to drop it off.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥

Your profile picture makes you look totally trustworthy!! :laugh:
  • RoadDog
    The question to ask yourself here, Mike, is does she have a deeper voice than you. :heart: :noway:

Had one of those raspy voices that only a long term smoker can develop.
  • Hahaha...
    Wow...she certainly isn't subtle, is she?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Or she wanted to steal the hog?
  • halobender
    I rarely go through that area. I live near SE 174th and Division
    A little way out there. But better than Beaverton ... heh. Maybe I'll run into you on your lunch break sometime.
    Who doesn't trust cartoons?
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    Or she wanted to steal the hog?

And make RD her b*tch?? :devil:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    [/quote]

Everyone trusts cartoons, that's why all the single moms are coming out. Question?? Do you spend a lot of time at Chuck E Cheese? I've heard recently that it is a haven for single parents :huh:
  • halobender
    Everyone trusts cartoons, that's why all the single moms are coming out. Question?? Do you spend a lot of time at Chuck E Cheese? I've heard recently that it is a haven for single parents :huh:

Hah! No, I don't. :noway: And with my status as a 20-something single (and fatherless) male, I think that sets me up for a different profile than serial single mother dater.

A friend in my news feed said that tonight at her Chuck E. Cheese they're having "divorced parent night". Man, I guess if I were a huge creep that could be a great way to meet single moms :laugh:
  • RoadDog

A friend in my news feed said that tonight at her Chuck E. Cheese they're having "divorced parent night". Man, I guess if I were a huge creep that could be a great way to meet single moms :laugh:

Come on down to Naito Parkway, just north of the Fremont Bridge. I can hook you up.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member

Had one of those raspy voices that only a long term smoker can develop.

:laugh: nothing like that sexy raspiness..."hey sweet thang, c'mere and give mama some suga!"
This discussion has been closed.