Shreddin' Eleven, Week Five

2»

Replies

• juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    So I did L2 D9 yesterday!!! Plus 30 min of swimming!! Today I do the last day of level 2! And then I need to do all 10 sessions of level 3 from tommorrow til valentine's day! This will be my mini goal: Finish Shred by Valentine's day and workout everysingle day till then! From January 9th till today I only missed 5 days of working out, what is amazing bb/c for the past 5 years I havent done much!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Great job Juliana!!! Best wishes on Level 3, let me know how it goes for you!! You have been doing an amazing job this year!! :)

This morning, I completed 30 minutes of Yoga Meltdown Level 1 followed by a 22 minute run on the treadmill. Also messed around with table tennis and archery on the PlayStation Move. Fun. :) Probably some dance later. I hope you're all enjoying your weekend! :)
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Hi Guys, just checking in. I took three days off to allow my elbow to recover and am now back at shredding. Going to complete level three and I am also doing Jillians last chance workout with it and the elliptical. Also have been doing some zumba and really enjoying it.

Looks like you guys are really rockin it, WTG!
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    So today was my first day of shred level 3! It was suppose to be yesterday but was my kids bday and i did not have time to work out. I need to say that so far I prefer level 3 than level 2. Level 2 is my least favorite! I am pooped! Even got a headache... Well I have till valentines day to finish!! I better focus!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    sgreene -- Glad to hear your elbow is recovered now! How do you like her last chance workout? I'm thinking of getting another of her workout DVDs here in the near future. Great job, and best wishes on completing the Shred!!!

Juliana -- I feel the same as you do, level 2 is my least favorite as well. I'm sure you'll have no problem finishing up the last of the Shred by Valentine's Day. You can do it!!! You've done so great so far!

I didn't start a new thread on Saturday... Kinda thinking the starting a new thread thing each week might have lost quite a few of us along the way. Seems there are only a couple still kickin' it here. But, that's cool... I have sent you both (sgreene and juliana) a friend request on here so we can stay in touch. I'll keep this thread live as long as there is still some input, just no new threads at this point.

Yesterday, I had scheduled myself to do 30DS Level 3 + some yoga. Well, I got busy cleaning (spent a total of plus or minus 4 hours vacuuming, deep scrubbing, cleaning, laundry, etc.), plus an hour and a half walking around the grocery store and... before all that, a half hour of helping my fiance shovel snow. Burned 1,200+ calories yesterday just doing all of this. Needless to say, by the time I got done with all of that, there was no energy and barely any time left for fitting in the Shred or yoga. Besides the fact that my left knee (IT band, I believe) started acting up big time and really hurt by the end of the day. I went for a soak in the tub and massaged my leg. It's still sore today... plus I was exhausted... so, no exercise first thing this morning, but I'm sure I'll do at least a little something this evening.

Have a GREAT week!!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Hi Mary~ thanks for the friend request, it will be nice to keep up with each others progress.

I actually enjoyed the last chance workout, I didn't buy it since it is on exercise TV (comcast on demand). I feel it is more cardio heavy, not as much ab work as 30 day shred. She is not as plank happy on this one. I am going to alternate last chance and 30 day shred and I have also started zumba wii and am doing the elliptical. I am trying very hard to increase my workouts from 25 minutes to an hour each day. So I do 30 min. in the morning and 30 in the evening, so far it has worked out fine. Still striving to workout each day. I am noticing that when I don't I am cranky. Never thought I would enjoy exercising. It has made me feel empowered.

Hope you are well rested and feeling good.
  • Hi everyone!! I've only been here a week, just saw this thread. I'm on day 9 of the 30 Day Shred. I started L2 yesterday, it was tough! I lost 3 lbs in my first week with the shred & tracking my calories. :happy: My goal is to loose 4.5 more lbs by March 7th!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    sgreene -- Sounds like I might enjoy the last chance workout too. Might just look into getting it! It also sounds like you've got a great plan going for you! I know what you mean about never thinking I'd enjoy exercising. I love it now! Today is the first day I have done NO exercise at all since January first. I HAD to let my knee (and my whole body, really) rest today. I've been pushing myself too hard, I think. Too close to injury! Anyhow, I think I'll be good to go, to get back to exercising tomorrow. I plan to ease back into it so I don't go overboard again! LoL. Great job on your workout routine!!

MirrorMom -- Welcome!!! Happy you've stopped by! Great job on the Shred so far; it's definitely not an easy workout. Congrats on your weight loss so far and best wishes on your journey!! Stop back and let us know how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.