What's for breakfast everybody!??

Options
semeyer
semeyer Posts: 282 Member
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to find out what other MFP people like to eat for breakfast. I work in an office and start work at 6:30am. I usually have a bagel with peanut butter around 7 or 8am and I feel like it is killing me softly. It's a lot of calories and leaves me reeeally hungry by lunch time. I need a new breakfast!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave there?
  • mfergie889
    Options
    I usually cook 3/4 cup oatmeal with some fruit....

Today I am at my bfs house and will probably get a yogurt or coffee and fruit from the cafe next door!
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    today i had 2 whole wheat waffles with a tbs of natural peanut butter and a sliced banana. i just put it together like a sandwich. yummy!
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    Oatmeal, its good ole stick to your ribs food! besides i happen to like it.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    usually I eat a piece of Ezekial bread (toasted) with a tablespoon of almond butter, a third or half a banana, and a drizzle of honey. but today I had some Greek yogurt with almonds, sunflower seeds, blueberries, and a drizzle of honey. yummm
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    A lot of Kashi Go Lean and some protein powder.
  • moshie
    moshie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take a container of egg whites and some spinach, red peppers or whatever. Heat that in the microwave for 1:50 and I have an egg white omelet. I also have a whole wheat english muffin and a banana. Calories are good and the egg whites keep me from getting hungry until lunch.
  • 4McElfish
    Options
    I have just enough bfast to get my metabolism moving in the morning. I have Carnation Inst Bfast with the cup of 1%milk. It's super quick and I can drink it slowly why getting the kids out the door in the morning. Sometimes I'll have a yogurt too.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm a primal eater, but I allow for carbs in the morning to fuel my workout. I ate Kashi 7 whole grain nuggets cereal (1/2 cup) with 1/2 cup of skim milk, topped with blueberries and a banana. High calorie, but quality calorie and really fuels my workout and keeps me full for a while.
  • cookiejones
    Options
    Huge fan of Ezekiel too :) I have mine with hummus and red onion, or avocado and some sort of soy cheese. soy feta or swiss.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Ideal brown sugar, cinnamon and no sugar added applesauce around 5:45 a.m. and then a grapefruit around 9:30 a.m..
  • snobuny032
    Options
    I drink a Bioplex WPI Protein shake on my way to work every morning using unsweetened Almond milk.. It keeps me satisfied all morning lond and total calorie intake is only 135 then around 10 I have 1/2 of a sliced apple or a small banana and a hard boiled egg.. lunch and dinner is lean and green..
    Weekends I have oatmeal with Bluberried or a hard boiled egg with whole wheat toast (:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I eat breakfast at the office too. If the boss is in and cooking for me (yep, I'm lucky!) I have 1/2 of a whole wheat English Muffin with an egg on top of it. If I'm in a hurry or alone, I have a bowl of Special K protein plus and skim milk. It keeps me plenty full - because I hit the gym around 10:30 in the morning, and need some fuel in my tank!!
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always have some type of high-fiber cereal or oatmeal. <- three miutes tops
    I always have an egg white omelet with spinach and maybe (sometime sprinkle a tiny bit of feta or top it with fresh salsa) <- five minutes tops or Protein shake. I get my husband to make it.
  • TheReluctantDragon
    Options
    I'll eat...
    A hardboiled egg and a grapefruit
    or
    A bowl of oatmeal with pumpkin pie spice
    or
    Yogurt with frozen fruit chopped up and put inside.
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I normally eat: cabbage, green and yellow zucchini, jalapeno pepper, green pepper, two turkey patties with egg whites for breakfast (my version of a breakfast scramble). Sometimes I throw in a slice or two of wheat bread. I can normally get it all under 400 calories and it's filling.
  • LDJones57
    LDJones57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eggbeaters, turkey bacon, toast and some fruit. Lots of protein to light the fires but still under 400 calories. Bagels are a killer...love 'em, but quit eating them.
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    I usually have grits and egg, oatmeal, peanut butter toast or a fruit salad :) Yum!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I almost always have instant oatmeal first thing when I get to work and a piece of fruit. Sometimes if I know I"ll have extra time at work I will have an english muffin and make an egg white and turkey sausage patty in the microwave and make a breakfast sandwich.

Thanks,
    ~Kelly
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I generally skipped breakfast until I started doing my thing a few weeks back. I mix it up and rotate a couple of different things each day. Today was a bowl of shredded wheat cereal with 1/4 cup of raisins, and light english muffin with fried egg.

I almost always end up having a banana, orange or apple to go with grits or cereal or english muffin or egg.