Brides on a Mission: Week 5

NurseNatalie2011
NurseNatalie2011 Posts: 281
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Welcome, Brides!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Weekly challenge: This week’s challenge is to add more dairy to your diet. Dairy is especially important for women; calcium intake helps prevent bone problems/degeneration. 3 servings a day is all you need! Milk, cheese, yogurt…pick your favorite. The national dairy council has some great information in the education and health/wellness tabs, check it out! http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/Pages/Home.aspx

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 5 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. What are your weeding colors:
5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding:
6. Any wedding news updates:
7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise:
8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• 1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: only 0.6 pounds. interested in seeing what my inches will be when i measure on feb 1

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): One of my best friends (a bridesmaid) and another good friend of mine announced that they are expecting babies in august. Since we got engaged (July 2009), these will be the 9 and 10 babies born. Our friends are on a baby-making spree!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my dad's been going through some medical issues, and is having an ultrasound done tuesday. very anxious to hear what they results will be

4. What are your weeding colors: the girls (and the guy's vests) will be a sage green. We're also using a rust orange and darker yellow color. maybe some reds. i've had problems finding reds to use that aren't fire engine red (too bright!) or a maroon (not red enough!) I will be wearing ivory

5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: seeing everyone! We have a lot of out-of-state friends and family. All four corners of the lower 48 will be represented - Maine, Florida, Arizona, and Washington. It's going to be great to get all of our friends together and party!!

6. Any wedding news updates: it's been a low-key week.

7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: exercise. i have to exercise in the morning (i will have no energy or motivation when i get home), but i am not a morning person! hoping it will be easier once the sun is up when I get up, and it's not so darn cold outside of my toasty bed! but if anyone wants to call me at 5:45am in the morning to get my sorry butt out of bed, feel free!

8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): i really do not get stressed. however I would like to incorporate more yoga into my morning routine, which i failed to do this week. =(

9. Weekly wrap up: glad I lost, but I could have worked harder. When I've actively worked towards losing weight, this is kinda the time i get stuck - at about 5-10 pounds lost and around this wait. My birthday is in two weeks and I'm determined to turn 29 and be under 200 pounds! only 1.8 pounds to go!
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    l_864dd3bd41bb44209747a2f09572a60a.jpg
    1. Name: Katy
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Omaha,Ne
    4. Occupation: full time student
    5. Wedding date: September 1st 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Jamison
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4.5 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 188
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 july 15th 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: any Jillian Micheals d.v.d.'s
    11. Favorite healthy food: it's not food but i'm addicted to sobe's 0 calorie life water!!
  • weigh- in day is not till wensday so ill see everyone then.... =) hope everyone had a great week....
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    I'll be back tommorow :)
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0 again, but i had a bad week with eating, so this week i am getting back into the swing of things.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I FOUND THE PERFECT VENUE!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my fiancee has been sick, and i feel bad so i keep getting him crappy food because he wants it....

4. What are your weeding colors: i am still up in the air about this.

5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: THE OPEN BAR!!! j/k i don't know i don't have anything planned yet, so i will get back to that when i can

6. Any wedding news updates: went to look at venues on saturday and I fell in loveeee

7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: dieting, my fiancee isn't dieting sooo i always get wrapped up with eating crappy food with him

8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): well i consider working out my stress relief, because thats the only real "me" time i get

9. Weekly wrap up: I struggled, I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and am going back into it 110% the big problem was with all that snow we didn't have as much food in the house and we didn't want to go out to go shopping, but thats not an excuse.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Nothing... slight gain possibly but I don't record gains under 1 lb... really hoping to lose something this week and I'm going to be kicking up the exercise this week. Just joined a group challenge for 30 days of Jillian Michael's (not just the shred though... also includes Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones) which starts on Tuesday the 1st... which is also my 24th birthday!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Probably shopping and wanting to buy everything I tried on because it all looked good!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I ate terribly. Not going to let that happen again this week.

4. What are your weeding colors: Purple and kiwi... the picture below is the inspiration behind our colors..

55671white_flowers_559_10_mjpgresize.jpg

5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: Wearing my dress!! And finally being mmarrriieed! We've been engaged for almost 2 years!

6. Any wedding news updates: Everything's starting to come together in terms of the feel I want for my wedding... Went to a place called "The Community Forklift" today (it's like a Salvation army but for building materials so doors, windows, shutters, appliances, etc). Picked up an old 9 pane window which we are going to have people sign instead of a guest book. I just think it's going to be a gorgeous piece of art to hang on our wall. Also picked up some shutters (the kind that hinge in the middle and have the rods that you can open and close the shutters with) that I'm going to use to hold the table assignment cards. I'll post pictures when we get everything in. Below is the picture that inspired the window guest book (they did table assignments on the windows)

5148684642_3779547331_o.jpg

7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: It varies... exercise probably because I wake up too early for work and so I have to exercise after work and sometimes its hard to motivate myself. But dieting is definitely difficult to... we go out to eat WAY too much and I try to make healthy choices but ffaaiill miserably sometimes.

8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): My walks are my stress relief... definitely my favorite part of my day.. just me, my fiance and the two dogs for 40 minutes :-)

9. Weekly wrap up: I had a rough week and I'm feeling super bloated now... ready to get back into the swing of things! My birthday is this week too and I know that 24 is going to be fannttastic!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 523 Member
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0.5lbs (harldy anything!!!) BUT 4inches overall since I started on mfp! yay!!!
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): umm.... reserved the date for the wedding.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): terrible time at work, i made a mistake (in amongst everyone else making a mistake all on the same case). And i felt terrible and I hate making mistakes and this week i have to work at putting it all right.
    4. What are your weeding colors: same as gainskb!!! Purple and Green. I initially wanted green but we are having a rural rustic country wedding (proper English Rose sort) and decided in the height of summer it'd all be a bit "green" so I researched a lot and fell in love with the purple and green theme!
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: seeing my man in his suit!! and going shopping for my dress (and finding it as a bargain!!)
    6. Any wedding news updates: none.... just constant googling.
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: both equally hard!
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): good, i made sure i did spots of yoga here and there and counted them as my time.
    9. Weekly wrap up: i've hurt my knee. I don't know how!! I'm annoyed because I definately can't do JM30DS with a knee like this.......
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 lbs :D I worked hard this week.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Working out 5 days. And jogging twice as far as I usually do on Tuesday. It felt nice.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): My guy was gone for 5 days so my eating was a little weird. It sucks when you are alone. Getting out food seems like a hassle since everything I wanted would have a lot of leftovers.

4. What are your weeding colors: My wedding colors are Navy Blue with a sunny yellow orange accent.

5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: Dancing :) Our first dance and Daddy daughter dance.

6. Any wedding news updates: not really, I have been looking at invites, and save the date cards (of course to save the date you actually need a date) lol. Did anyone send out engagement announcements/ photos? I was thinking of doing this just to inform my distant family of our engagement. Since it is going to be another year or so until we tie the knot.

7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: a little of both. I think if I slack off on exercise for a day or two then it makes it really hard to stick to both the dieting and exercising. -_-'

8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): Well one of the good things about the Fiance not being here last week was that I got some quality alone/girl time in. Watched girly movies and painted my toes. :laugh: :laugh: did all the things i don't really have time to do when he is around.

9. Weekly wrap up: All around I had a good week. I exercised more and ate okay. I hope I can keep up the 2lb loss a week. Its really encouraging.
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member

6. Any wedding news updates: Everything's starting to come together in terms of the feel I want for my wedding... Went to a place called "The Community Forklift" today (it's like a Salvation army but for building materials so doors, windows, shutters, appliances, etc). Picked up an old 9 pane window which we are going to have people sign instead of a guest book. I just think it's going to be a gorgeous piece of art to hang on our wall. Also picked up some shutters (the kind that hinge in the middle and have the rods that you can open and close the shutters with) that I'm going to use to hold the table assignment cards. I'll post pictures when we get everything in. Below is the picture that inspired the window guest book (they did table assignments on the windows)

5148684642_3779547331_o.jpg
    That is a really neat idea!

Oh, and love your colors. I tried to get my friend to pick colors similar to yours when she was considering a burgundy purple color.
  • Brides on a Mission: week 5 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Two pounds down this weigh-in, I was hoping for more, but any loss is a good loss, right? :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Had a really amazing audition and call back for Nebraska Shakespeare Festival, so keeping fingers crossed. I'd love to spend my whole summer getting paid to act and not having to do anything else! Plus, it's Midsummer and Hamlet, two of my faves!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): The weather. It's super cold icy and horrible and is only supposed to get worse. I flippin' HATE WINTER!

4. What are your weeding colors: Brown and green. Cuz I like trees. And my flowers will all be yellow and orange.

5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: Celebrating finding the man of my dreams :)

6. Any wedding news updates: not really... except my friend Laci, who is a costume and clothing designer and has agreed to design and build my dress, so we started doing some brain storming for that.

7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: Dieting. Exercise is easy. I'm in pretty decent cardio shape, and I love being active and all of that. But I love food and have a tendency to be a binger- so dieting is way hard for me :(

8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): Pretty could. I love to meditate and unwind. More satisfying in the long run than stuffing my face with candy.

9. Weekly wrap up: Feelin' groovy.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Brides on a Mission: week 5
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: NOt a damn thing...It's going to make me cry soon
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got to spend all day Saturday by myself, while my fiance and our son went out on the town
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Weighing myself this morning, and taking my fiance to the airport for another week "in"....
    4. What are your wedding colors: We aren't choosing any, that way we aren't limited to our flower choices. It's a summer wedding outside so there's enough color explosion
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: The first dance with my husband
    6. Any wedding news updates: nope
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: Exercise apparently.
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): I did reiki on myself, I don't do it enough, but the stress relief challenge really made me think of it.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'm p!ssed! Why am I not losing weight? Why have I gained 10lbs back since I started this stupid "journey"...I thought I was doing awesome! The measuring isn't even changing. What am I doing wrong?
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Bump... still trying to track down my personal trainer to schedule a weigh-in and measurements session. Getting frustrated she's not returning my messages. Thinking of having my fiance do it instead, but I'm assuming each person and scale will measure you differently. I want to be consistant! GRR!

Shannon
  • Weighing in on Thursdays so will update then :)
  • Brides on a Mission: week 5
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: total inches lost so far: 4 from waist, 2 from chest, 2 from hips yay. now weigh 201.9lbs :)
    2. Highlight of the past week: had an ok week - not much stuck out as a highlight
    3. Lowlight of the past week: not meeting my personal target this week and not getting exercise in again
    4. What are your weeding colors: ivory for me, flowergirls ivory and silver, bridesmaids silver, boys red and forest green tartan kilts (scottish fiance)
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: the next day actually when we are alone together as hubby and wife and no wedding stress - just starting to enjoy our new life
    6. Any wedding news updates: having my makeup trial this weekend, already got hair sorted. it'll be weird as i never wear makeup :S so no idea what i want
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: both haha chocolate is an addiction but i find motivating myself to do exercise so hard
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): i enjoyed forcing myself to take a break from stressy work this week
    9. Weekly wrap up: i need to get a move on, the wedding is counting down quickly and i have another 50lbs to lose. need a kick up the butt
  • Brides on a Mission: week 5
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Weigh in on Thurs.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got to spend time with my family that were in town all week! Also my HR monitor came in the mail this morning! I was super excited....quickly put my info into it and used it at hot yoga. I burned more calories then thought! yay!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Well, it was my and my fiances 7yr anniversary on Sunday. We decided not to do gifts this year with the wedding coming up and saving money for that. I figured he would get me a card and some flowers (like in the past years).....BUT I DIDN"T GET ANYTHING! :explode: He said that since we were not doing gifts he wasn't going to do anything. I got him a nice card and some chocolate from Fannie May (only about $7) so he would have a little something when I got my flowers. I just broke down and was sobbing like a 5 yr old! :cry: He felt soooo bad and I told him he should because I should have at least got a card. We had a long talk, I feel better now but I am still sad more then mad. He is coming over on Wed and said he will more then make it up to me....I am very interested to see how it goes.

4. What are your weeding colors: We are pretty sure on Stem Green and Cobalt Blue with touches of silver, black, and pink. I love the way a blue dress and green flowers look.

5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: Walking down the asile and seeing Greg at the other end.:love:

6. Any wedding news updates: Not really doing anything else till I graduate in June. (I need to focus and pass my NCLEX!)

7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: For sure dieting. I love food and I eat when I am upset/board. I like to exercise but it sometimes hard to find the time.

8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): I was super stressed all week with family here....I would need like 5 hrs to de-stress lol

9. Weekly wrap up: Oh I ate out almost everyday....sometimes twice a day! I feel so bloated and heavy. I am going to really keep it on track this week and get back into the swing of things. Still a little upset about the whole anniversary thing....I know he didn't mean anything by it but it still hurt.
  • dolphinkates
    dolphinkates Posts: 13 Member
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 lbs (my weigh in is Friday)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): tried on wedding dresses yesterday and even though I have two more stores to look at I think I found my perfect dress!!! It has a lot of beautiful beadwork, and has a lovely vintage look at the bottom.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): applying for nursing school
    4. What are your weeding colors: on David's bridal it is the watermelon pink, which is kinda a fuschia pink and some sort of dark blue. the bridesmaids will be wearing black dresses with the sash in the pink and a pink underskirt and pink flip flops. The guys will wear tuxes with long ties in the pink
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: marrying the love of my life in front of family and friends that i love
    6. Any wedding news updates: ordered the invites, and will be booking the honeymoon this week
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: definitely exercising...if i don't go to the gym straight from getting off the bus I won't go and I won't do it at home. Forget working out before I leave for work, too dark, too cold, too early.
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): I have no idea if I did any stress relief at all
    9. Weekly wrap up: I was very happy with most of my food choices this last week and my workouts...I just need to keep it up.
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    I'll check in tomorrow...my weigh in day is on Wednesday but I am going to do it a day early to see how I ended the month. :-)
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    I'm new so I thought I'll chime in if you don't mind.

1. Name: Sorry unique rather not give
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Dallas, Texas
    4. Occupation: Healthcare
    5. Wedding date: June 18, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Jeff
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Year and a Half
    8. Heaviest weight: 175
    9. Goal weight and date: 145 - by the wedding
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Running
    11. Favorite healthy food: Broccolli

Brides on a Mission: week 5
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1 pound
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Booked our Limos at a great price!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): My sweet tooth!
    4. What are your weeding colors: Lavendar and Blue
    5. What are you most looking forward to in your wedding: Walking down the aisle towards my husband!
    6. Any wedding news updates: I'm new so everything would be an update
    7. What is harder for you, dieting or exercise: Exercise
    8. How did you do with the week 4 challenge (10 min of stress relief): Sorry.. I wasn't apart of it..but will go from now forward
    9. Weekly wrap up: N/A
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    Sorry double post
This discussion has been closed.