looking for pals

Options
2»

Replies

• runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options

Going back one week in your diary I see pretty good control and low sodium numbers. Pretty low on protein, tho. The fat and protein goal % on here are set low. You can bump those two up 10% each and if protein is hard for you to eat, then drink it in a protein drink. Protein has a higher thermic value and it helps keep the motabolism smooth instead of spiking and crashing. Use whey protein after a workout and cassein later in the day for slower absorption.

Seperate from the eating, I prefer fasted cardio. I'm down 7 pounds in 4 weeks since joining MFP. If you can't do it FT in the AM, do it 3-4 hours after a meal.

So if I pump up fat and protein I should lower carbs? Or will it automatically set that for me once i adjust the other 2. I thought the protein was set a bit low and if i over eat on carbs my body goes "oh goody lets stack on a kilo!" LOL

I've started eating eggs and tofu as well to try and boost up protein levels. Is there anything else other then protein drinks? They tend to be a bit expensive :blushing: oh and i don't do cottage cheese...:sick:

off to google cassein..... :tongue:

Editted to add- I work out at 5am 4 to 5 times a week and then again at about 5:30pm 4 to 5 times a week.

It auto adjust but you'll still need to adjust all 3 to get the ratio you want. Nuts and PB are two of my faves for protein. I get my whey protein powder at Walmart - $16 for 27 scoops. 1 scoop is 26g protein, 1g sugar and 140 cals. I can't eat C/C either. Yogurt is a staple in my fridge and the low fat kind is good for some protein. Check out my diary to see the stuff and the numbers that I eat.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Runningneo- Thanks :) will go have a look. Sadly I don't live in the US anymore so no Walmart for me :sad: At the moment my ratio is set at 40-C 30-P 30-F. so i lowered to carbs and pumped up the other 2. I'll see how I go with that.

I am eating more carbs then I normally would today. I don't tend to eat a lot of rice and pasta anymore but we're having curry tonight so brown rice it is lol
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Runningneo- Thanks :) will go have a look. Sadly I don't live in the US anymore so no Walmart for me :sad: At the moment my ratio is set at 40-C 30-P 30-F. so i lowered to carbs and pumped up the other 2. I'll see how I go with that.

I am eating more carbs then I normally would today. I don't tend to eat a lot of rice and pasta anymore but we're having curry tonight so brown rice it is lol

Good luck with that. PM me if you need to.
  • BigPapaGato
    BigPapaGato Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sign me up
  • i'm in 305muscle! feel free to add me.