Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Didn't do the whole challenge yesterday but walked up and down the stairs 4x's. Did the whole challenge today including walking up and down the stairs 4x's

Thanks again for starting this challenge. I like that you're putting an additional challenge in instead of just weighing in every week.
    It helps keeping motivated to stay with the challenge.
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Oops! missed the post about the challenge will get on it today.
    I missed that to

I will do this today I do the stairs everyday as I live in a 2 story house
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    So far today I've done great with eating healthy and getting excercise in (45 min cardio + the challenge).

Yesterday I did great with the excercise but I let myself slip a little with the food. My nephew made snowman cookies and decorated them and was super excited to show everyone in my family and to have us eat them. He's only 3 and a half so of course they were covered with huge globs of icing and lots of candy decorations. Who can say no to an adorable face like that? They were delicious but definitely did not fit into the healthy eating! Oh well, we can't be perfect every day.
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    I am working on eating completely clean/whole foods two days straight. Then I still eat within my calorie limits but can eat not quite so clean on day three. It is called the God made/Man made diet from t-tapp, and I am really liking it. It helps me to eat right, but still feel like I can have a small "cheat" without totally going overboard and blowing my whole diet.

Good for you! I don't think I have the willpower to do that. Sounds like a good idea though, and very healthy!
  • marqcheer09
    marqcheer09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Screen name: marqcheer09
    Goal for February 28th:
    February 1st (starting weight): 190
    February 8th: 187
    February 15th: 185
    February 22nd: 183
    February 28th: 180
  • flyingmouse29
    flyingmouse29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my coworker is convincing me to do this with her ;)

screen name: flyingmouse29
    goal for feb 28th: 160
    feb 1st (starting weight): 170.5
    feb 8:
    feb 15:
    feb 22:
    feb 28:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    "Challenge for this week: Do 20 sit ups, 20 push ups, 20 lunges, 20 squats and run up 20 steps "

Thanks 2young4

Got my "challenge for this week" in! yippie:tongue:
    Just ran up the stairs & back, twice, putting away laundry.

As for the push ups, they where vertical using some new weight contraption at the gym...my trainer o.k. it...hope that qualifies! :tongue:

I might just give this challenge another go Friday :laugh: THX
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Well I have done the challenge today. I managed to run up about 60 steps which is good because I missed that bit yesterday.

I have been a little naughty today and yesterday. I had pizza and all sorts last night for dinner and I've had lots of biscuits and sweets (um candy I think for the Americans!) today. I have gone way over my calories on both days and have not had time to go to the gym - Tuesday and Wednesday are often the days I don't make it due to work stuff).
    But I don't feel bad about being naughty/not working out. Getting to goal weight is not just about being good and losing weight. I want to recognise when I'm not so good and try to do something about it. Sometimes I realise that I'm not going to do anything about it (!!)- I had pizza last night because I really wanted pizza and I hadn't had it for ages. I want a normal relationship with food and that means not feeling guilty. If I want pizza, then I'm going to have pizza!

So yes I have had a naughty couple of days but I will have days like that when I get to 112 pounds. This is about learning to eat normally, not just losing weight.

Hope that makes sense and that it might help some others out there who are trying to deal with the "naughty days".

Tomorrow is a new day. Anyone who has been a little naughty - start again tomorrow (or right now). And to you doing well - Well done!!!
  • 2Young4This
    Options
    "Challenge for this week: Do 20 sit ups, 20 push ups, 20 lunges, 20 squats and run up 20 steps "

Thanks 2young4

Got my "challenge for this week" in! yippie:tongue:
    Just ran up the stairs & back, twice, putting away laundry.

As for the push ups, they where vertical using some new weight contraption at the gym...my trainer o.k. it...hope that qualifies! :tongue:

I might just give this challenge another go Friday :laugh: THX

You have to do it every day!!!
  • sonya868
    Options
    I would love to join you all.

Screen name: Sonya868
    Goal for February 28th: 199
    February 1st (starting weight): 210.4
    February 8th:
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • 2Young4This
    Options
    I hate to do this but because there have been so many people join the group I am going to have to close the group to new members. This is so that I can dedicate my time to everyone who is part of the group. Anyone who has already posted their weight is in - I will post the chart tomorrow. JUST TO BE CLEAR - ANYONE WHO POSTS THEIR START WEIGHT AFTER THIS POST WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE CHART. SORRY GUYS!

Hey guys - just wanted to draw your attention to this... Anyone who posted after my post this morning (on page 6 and quoted above) you won't be included in the chart as this group is closed. I am really sorry!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I missed the challenge!
    So i'll do my sets later tonight.
    But fantastic idea :)
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What a great challange! I would love to join in but I just saw the post about it being closed. =( oh well, and good luck to you all!! Have a great month!
  • Danoodle
    Options
    I agree that it is okay to have the foods you love. just not all the time. that's why tracking your food can be so important. I never realize quite HOW much I eat the "special treat" foods until i take the time to track my weekly eating. I think we all tend to have selective memory when it comes to eating! It just takes practice to eat consciously. Have a great relationship to your food....eat delicious things! I think loving food and treating yourself is so important! Just be honest with yourself about what you're eating and how often. yum yum

Good post ;)
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Completed yesterdays challenge as well as today's. I even got my 7 year old daughter to join in! Good luck everyone.
  • danrenee
    Options
    Great challenge idea. Every little bit counts. Thank you 2Young4this....for starting this up.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I love the challenge. I have been doing lunges at work in my office. The sit ups and the rest I've been doing before work. Went for a walk today on my lunch break instead of going out running errands :)
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Me too!! (however sometimes I may be a day late as my weigh in date is usually wednesday) But I could use this support!! :)

Screen name: MonicaNicoletta
    Goal for February 28th: 148
    February 1st (starting weight): 158
    February 8th:
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

woohoo! :)
  • peytonsmommi
    Options
    I'm a couple days late but would like to join.

Please your weight as follows:
    Screen name: peytonsmommi
    Goal for February 28th: 169
    February 1st (starting weight): 179
    February 8th:
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hit the gym today and did the weekly challenge :)