Anyone interesting in a Daily Goals check in?

Options
I started this yesterday in the 100 lbs to lose thread and it really worked well to keep me on track. I have BED/SED (binge eating disorder / stress eating disorder) and though I haven't weighed myself yet I know I did well & probably lost weight.

Daily Goals:

1. Try to eat under my calorie limit

2. Snack on pickles when hungry

3. No binging

Replies

• MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    Good idea!

Mine is to drink one bottle of water with each meal and each workout
    also
    Follow my fat and protein count - I've been under calories but over on those 2 things
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Excellent! And thank you, yes, the daily thing should help I think. I think we need to retrain our minds to have this become a habit, a long term forever habit, like brushing our teeth daily.
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    watch out for those pickles. You should be tracking sodium content to stop retaining water....:wink: Pickles are rediculous. You're better off eating cucumbers and dip...

my goals for this week
    1) get better..I'm in so much pain (gallbladder)
    2) get back to the gym.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    IF PEOPLE WILL USE IT I WILL START A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR THIS CHECK IN AND MYBE SOME OTHER CHALLENGES SO WE CAN PUT EVERYTHING IN ONE SPOT JUST LET ME KNOW
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'm about to get up and do my daily exercise. I'm working out with EA Sports Active 2 four days a week. I don't feel ready to get up yet...but it's part of my daily goals.
  • downtosting
    Options
    watch out for those pickles. You should be tracking sodium content to stop retaining water....:wink: Pickles are rediculous. You're better off eating cucumbers and dip...

my goals for this week
    1) get better..I'm in so much pain (gallbladder)
    2) get back to the gym.

Fab idea. I'm going grocery shopping tonight - need to stock up on some cucumbers since they are such a delish snack option. I was shocked at how much sodium was in 3 mini-dill pickles. I was eating them for the vinegar that was in them - here is an article I found on the benefits of vinegar. http://eatinghealthy.blogspot.com/2007/07/pickles-vinegar-diabetes.html

My daily goal is to eat good tonight even though we're picking up dinner since we're going grocery shopping...time is always such an issue in my family :(
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Just checking in with us Daily Goals people. How are we doing so far? Night times are the worst for me...!! RIght now I'm waiting to have brunch & I'm freezing from doing exercise so I need to wear several layers. So far so good, but the nights are difficult!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    get enough energy to get over this cold and back in the gym. it's been 3 days (including today) since i've been and it sucks. i have no strength though :(
  • autumn5gabby
    Options
    im interested in anything that will give support and help me. How does this daily goals check work exactly? My goals are to log my food in every day and exersize hopefully everyday. Also keep my food cravings under control.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    im interested in anything that will give support and help me. How does this daily goals check work exactly? My goals are to log my food in every day and exersize hopefully everyday. Also keep my food cravings under control.

I think it works in the way that you post your daily goal and just posting it helps keep you on track,so you check in daily here with your goals and you write them out and you try to make sure that you're on track with your goals daily. I know what you mean about food cravings, but I guess that's why I love to eat...pickles! I'm looking for a homemade pickles recipe.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Ok so it's evening, how is everyone doing? So far I'm really good. I'm under the amt of cals I'm supposed to eat, which is good for my weight loss and I'm NOT starving. 3 more hours till midnight here when we head off to bed....so hopefully I'll be ok.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Bedtime & I made it! No binging! No bad snacking! I am so proud of myself!

Tomorrow is another day of DAILY GOALS!! I didn't even eat any pickles!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    GM!

Did not binge yesterday!

Goals for the day:

1. Walk to the store

2. NO BINGING

3. Make sure exercise program is back on EASY despite DH changing it it to MEDIUM yesterday

4. Eat what is on the list, snacks can be pickles, odwalla in 2 oz sizes, gogurt, salsalito turkey slices, 1 tbsp of pnb & 2 crackers (like yesterday).

Good luck!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    So far so good! I think for my last "snack" tonight I'll have B Monster drink - 2 oz....then water for the rest of the night. I think I'll make my goal of

No food after 9 pm!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Didn't go for the 2 oz of B Monster! Yay me!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    bump! I may pop in to do this when time permits, but it sounds good. One day at a time! I will try it for sure.

1. Goal today to eat under 2,000 calories.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Daily Goals:

1. Need to make Fr. Br**d

2. Exercise with EASA2 on Medium (yikes!!)

3. Try to stay under 1500 cals

4. Drink lots of water
  • janesmith1
    Options
    All goals MET!!! I even lowered my daily count so that I can do 1.5 lbs per week....I just want to eat in the 1400 range, that is the thing that helps me LOSE WEIGHT!

& my nighttime weight tonight is 238.6 which is AWESOME!!
  • autumn5gabby
    Options
    Had my weigh in down 4.2 total 13.2. my goal is to really try to exersize today. Have a hard time doing it everyday. Like to get in 60 mins between exersize machine and Wii.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Had my weigh in down 4.2 total 13.2. my goal is to really try to exersize today. Have a hard time doing it everyday. Like to get in 60 mins between exersize machine and Wii.

You can do it...."just do it" as the saying goes. I actually have an awesome running commercial that is really inspiring to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WrsjPObp7E