Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I hope all is well in the lush world. I have fallen off miserably and been called a functional drunk ...hmph .... anyway, life's challenges has caused me to drink hennessy every night for about the past week now. I have got to do better and i know I will.

Have a great hump day ladies.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    It is AWESOME...get a big group of people to do it...5K, obstacles, free beer at the end

Last year we made it a camping weekend...arrived Friday night, dashed on Saturday and left on Sunday

I am doing 1 in MN (co-workers & friends) and 1 in WI (sisters, cousins) this year...my pic is hubs and I at warrior dash....oh, that turkey leg was de-lish
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Nice! Is it in teams, pairs? I could JFGI but I'm too lazy.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Nope, it's individual...they run in waves of 500 every 1/2 hour...they fill up fast...also, there is a code promotion for $5.00 off...try to find that if you sign up...I forgot it; but, can find out at work
  • cjnorman
    Options
    I am doing a candida yeast diet right now so no alchohol more or less. But when I am drinking I actually pre measure it. 8 oz Though sometimes I pour an extra 4 oz. Otherwise I will drink too much just because I am not pay attention to how much i have consumed.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My arms and hands are still shaking following my circuit class then 20 minute swim, I am so fatigued. Not only is it hard to type, the worst thing is trying to control my glass of white wine so that it reaches my mouth without spilling any! :laugh:

I appear to be not limiting drinking days this week, I have 3 days off work as my children are on school holiday so that's as good a reason as any to indulge I feel :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Lol, Yvonne.

Thanks Kim, I'd love that code. I might put a shout out to all my work friends to see if they want to do it.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    sunday - 2 tbsp nyquil (what? it contains alcohol!):drinker:
    monday - 4 tbsp nyquil
    tuesday - 4 tbsp nyquil
    tuesday night - realized nyquil has 93 calories per dose:explode:
    wednesay - headed to walmart to buy nyquil gel caps:happy:

Awesome!!!!!
    <wonders if she should have logged the nyquil last week> :laugh:

Don't feel guilty about the lackluster spin class that followed the hangover...at least you went! Small victories, girl!

lol! i just typed it in "for fun", but it was actually there! so i *had* to log it - too many for it not to count!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wow, so not cool that Nyquil has calories! I guess though, to be fair - if you take it and you are really sick - you aren't consuming many calories that day anyways.

Mon 3.5 Bud55
    Tuesday 0 (oh wait, NYQUIL x's 1 dose)
    Wednesday 0

that was my only saving grace. i think one day my entire diet consisted of nyquil and chicken broth. lol
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It is AWESOME...get a big group of people to do it...5K, obstacles, free beer at the end

Last year we made it a camping weekend...arrived Friday night, dashed on Saturday and left on Sunday

I am doing 1 in MN (co-workers & friends) and 1 in WI (sisters, cousins) this year...my pic is hubs and I at warrior dash....oh, that turkey leg was de-lish
    DH and I are doing the one in Washington thnaks to Kim's encouragment.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin:flowerforyou: that's awesome!!!
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OK!!!! I am as we say in Scotland "FOO AS A wheLK!:drinker:
    FULL bottle of wine, topped up with fire drambuies and dont ask me how many, have no f^%$£*!in idea!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    SEVENTEEN days.. and I caved in folks...:sad:
    Tell u what though..
    it feels friggin marvelous :bigsmile:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK!!!! I am as we say in Scotland "FOO AS A wheLK!:drinker:
    FULL bottle of wine, topped up with fire drambuies and dont ask me how many, have no f^%$£*!in idea!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    SEVENTEEN days.. and I caved in folks...:sad:
    Tell u what though..
    it feels friggin marvelous :bigsmile:

You, go, girl...enjoy your night
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Gooooooooooooooooo Blondie!!!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Monday - 1.5 bottles
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0

1.3 kg loss for this weeks weigh in wooohoooo!! :love:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    This is definitely the thread for me, can I play?

I'm a journalist, and a bit typical in that respect, and living with a chef - a fatal combination! I've been dry all week thanks to lack of money, but tomorrow will be my first real test. We both get paid, and we're going out for drinks in the pub, a curry, then more drinks at home.

Up in the morning early for a looong workout to stockpile a few booze calories, methinks!
  • faithikins
    Options
    Hiya and welcome :happy:
  • mom22nteaching
    mom22nteaching Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great group. I find I never plan for wine calories. This week I am going to look at the events I have planned and if they include wine plan for the calories.
    Thanks for this group.
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Huh oohhhhhh SORE head this morning :sick:
    Detox today for sure!!!!!
    Ocht, was a good night though.. the girls in the pub were like "WHERE have you been!!!"
    Who the hell puts hot peppers in Drambuie... fire drambuies...OMG:explode: :explode: :explode:
    WATER WATER WATER today :smile: