Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 3 margaritas, 2 Sam Adams
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, 0 drinks...have a 12 hour shift tomorrow...def don't want a hangover

Total: 5
    Goal < 12

Amy, welcome back to reality
    cat77, I know that feeling all too well

The weekend is looming....
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It's been busy in here, so I'm just going to say hi and welcome to the newcomers, well done to those of you succeeding in staying away from the alcohol and sympathy for those feeling rough from indulging!

I've managed my second day this week of no alcohol and that's with an open bottle of white wine in the fridge. My will power has a mind of it's own, I can never predict when it is going to put in an appearance or equally go into hiding.
  • abihaila
    abihaila Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Drinking right now! Vodka and cranberry so good and so is the buzz. I've had a few beers and a margarita between valintines day and now so I think I'm doing well. I worked really hard at the gym tonight but I've eaten all my calories for today so I'm going over tonight. Oh well.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Glad you had an awesome time Amy!

Worst thing about indulgence - the hangovers :noway: then wanting fatty foods the next day. I am terrible whilst drinking also. I was so annoyed I only had muesli bars to munch on last week whilst drinking. My cupboards do not contain cheeses, dips and chips anymore :sad:

Monday - 1.5 bottles
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 0

Tomorrow night will be a challenge, as I have had awful awful customers today and could have really used a drink tonight even. Oh how I hate rude people :explode:

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Friday here and thankfully (I guess) I am working all weekend so will make it to Monday :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    caved again last night. I know I will drink the wine tonight. At least the rest of the time I am eating healthy and working out hard.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    First night out tonight after a dry week. That first beer is going to taste so good! Then the second. Then the curry. Then the bottle of wine back at home...
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Love this group. I love alcohol too and feel it really hinders my weight loss. My son is going to Johnson & wales University for beverage management and depending on what class he is taking wants to try new drinks on us. So before christmas he was in a mixology class and was trying to perfect his skills and create new drinks. Yikes I gained 10 pounds over that period. That class is done and now he's taking a brewing class. Needless to say there's a lot of sampling and drinking in our household. Trying to be good for the month of February.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I caved last night too, RJ. Oh, well. But, somehow I lost 1.5 lbs. I don't know why!?! I was over in calories the amount of beer I drank. And, someone brought home some Girl Scout cookies! I normally don't eat sweets, but after the beers 4 of those cookies looked good! Ah, well, got it outta my system. Now the weekend.....will I drink tonight and leave Sat. and Sun. alone??? Or, not tonight, drink Sat., and not Sun.?? We'll see how it works out. I like to remind myself when in doubt "I want to eat my calories tonight, not drink them."
    Welcome new comers!! This is a great site for us lushes! :drinker: Congrats on those who made it this week, and to those who tried. It is a challenge at times!! And, for those that didn't, well, there is always today or maybe tomorrow :bigsmile: .
    Pam
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Oh hellz...I didn't even try to be good last night.

After conferences, hubs and I played volleyball. We had a great game and I (finally) played well (I'm a soccer player, NOT volleyball) so when we got home at 9, I was all pumped up and couldn't sleep. Our neighbor came over and we started watching Jersey Shore--which is what we normally do on Fridays. Then, hubs got out the vodka. Shots of clementine, vanilla, raspberry, and pineapple ensued and I didn't get to bed until midnight.

Oy.

I feel fine, and we've been having a chill day in class--dance party time whilst working on memoirs.

So the count thus far is...
    Sunday=0
    Monday=1 vodka soda
    Tuesday=1 glass riesling
    Wednesday=2 glasses riesling (I forgot I had 2 when I was recording the other day)
    Thursday=4 shots vodka

My goal is 0 tonight. We're going to see my BIL's production of Throughly Modern Millie at his high school so that should stop me from drinking.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=0 drinks
    little detoxing last night. Nothing planned tonight so I don't know if I can keep it up.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've just sampled the bottle of wine my friend bought back from France for me, it was a 2005 red. Worst bottle of wine I've tasted in ages, I was even briefly tempted not to drink it (only briefly though :blushing: )! I've figured the only reason it survived to get to that age in France was because the locals knew how awful it was. Oh well I have 2 other bottles of wine waiting to be drunk at some point soon, I seem to be on a lushy roll at the moment, my weight is staying stable though which is good.
  • sheri1120
    sheri1120 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Now, heres a group I can relate to, lol. I have a lot of weight to lose, 110 more pounds, so I really have cut back on the booze during he week to almost nothing, but I have Saturday Splurge coming up tomorrow and I see a few martinis in my future. It is true what someone else said about waking up and wanting to make poor choices in the morning though. Hangovers make me want coca cola and donuts...SO BAD. I will not cave to that!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Its Friday, I just put in 80 minutes on the dreadmill smiley-sport040.gif and I am cooking with wine so that means I am drinking it. smiley-eatdrink060.gif
    I felt good this week and my paycheck yesterday had 2.6 hours of OT so I splurged at the liquor store and got some Torched Cherry Bacardi to enjoy with my diet Sunkist lemon and I bought sour apple and pendleton to go with cranberry juice and make some Washington Red Apples and I bought Kaluha for my coffee. smiley-eatdrink048.gifSo now I really have to practice some control and moderation :blushing:

Here's to the weekend and to my weigh in tomorrow morning. :drinker: :drinker:
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say I can't wait till tomorrow because I have been craving a beer for 2 days now & I am waiting until tomorrow as I am going to an all day rock music festival. So tomorrow is my beer drinking day!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not had a drink in over a week I am being so good. Can't wait to cut loose tomorrow though!!

:drinker:
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Its Friday, I just put in 80 minutes on the dreadmill smiley-sport040.gif and I am cooking with wine so that means I am drinking it. smiley-eatdrink060.gif
    I felt good this week and my paycheck yesterday had 2.6 hours of OT so I splurged at the liquor store and got some Torched Cherry Bacardi to enjoy with my diet Sunkist lemon and I bought sour apple and pendleton to go with cranberry juice and make some Washington Red Apples and I bought Kaluha for my coffee. smiley-eatdrink048.gifSo now I really have to practice some control and moderation :blushing:

Here's to the weekend and to my weigh in tomorrow morning. :drinker: :drinker:

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :love: :love: :love:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Gosh how I love you gals. Imagine the bad influence we would be on each other in one room! :laugh:

Once again I do not make it to day 7. :ohwell: I blame it on my job. I work for a mobile phone company in the retail sector so can you blame me? I have cut down to a steady 2 days a week though when it used to be 3. 3 days sounds good doesn't it, unless you drink minimum 1 bottle of wine at a time like I do. :embarassed:

Speaking of hangover cures and loves. Mine is A large big mac meal. OMG I miss them. I have not had one for 2 months. :sad:
  • faithikins
    Options
    Now, heres a group I can relate to, lol. I have a lot of weight to lose, 110 more pounds, so I really have cut back on the booze during he week to almost nothing, but I have Saturday Splurge coming up tomorrow and I see a few martinis in my future. It is true what someone else said about waking up and wanting to make poor choices in the morning though. Hangovers make me want coca cola and donuts...SO BAD. I will not cave to that!
    Also it hinders the exercise the next day big time :laugh:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Well, I did pretty good last night for a Friday! Was able to get in a run in the morning - ate well during the day, didn't start drinking until 7.30. I had 3 Bud 55's and 1.5 shots of vanilla vodka.

Tonight might be another story though - lots of hockey this weekend (husband plays) so there will be plenty of beer and shots to go around........problem is, I don't really like drinking socially. I like to drink at my house with my husband, or family and close friends. I tend to do really stupid things, feel like I stick my foot in my mouth when I talk w/ppl when I've been drinking. I think I'll pull the "my tummy is not feeling well card" and save my drinks for tonight.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Considering all the options available to me last night, I did good only drinking the bottle of wine I needed to make my veal piccata. It was thoroughly enjoyed. It was a little on the sweet side so DH didn't want any which meant it was all mine!

Starting the day with coffee and kaluha. I hope you all enjoy your lushy weekend. BTW the scale went down 1.4 pounds this week.
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    Friday: 3 glasses wine & 4 Rum and Diet Cokes.....needless to say, today is a hangover day!