North QLD Cyclone Yasi Category 5

Options
2»

Replies

• danineale
    Options
    I'm from Darwin and hoping all you are staying safe in queensland. Just stay in shelter and hoping it doesn't batter you guys too much. Poor QLD deserves a break, first the floods and now a cyclone, please give them a break!!

Hope you all come out of it safely and all your homes too, the rest of Australia are all thinking of you.
  • crazeness
    Options
    Stay safe. I am in Sydney and can't stop watching the tv coverage.

Thinking of you.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Im on the Gold coast and have been watching the news all day.
    This thing is a monster, they predict it to be a s big as Hurricane Katrina that the states had.

Stay safe , keep your head down.

we are thinking of you all in the far north
  • larousse_37
    Options
    Please stay safe and keep us updated. Be assured that I, and all my family and friends I have spoken to are praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts. I'm in Brisbane and saw the worst of the floods. I can empathize with the fear, anxiety and dread you feel waiting for it to hit. I can't comprehend however the experience of actually being in a cyclone with 300kmph winds... It's just horrible. 2011 is seriously going down in history for poor Qld!!
  • UnpredictablyPretty21
    Options
    Thank you for all you kind words of support, all seems to be well... there is a fair amount of damage as expected, but the spirit and the strength here in North Qld is outstanding... as always!!!!

its a little unfortunate atm, my parents have a tree on the house that has caused some damaged however, they were all in a central part of the house and they are doing well... I havent been able to go to their place as of yet because the wind is still so intense and the amount of trees down and debries all over the place is not worth the risk of driving to the other side of town.

Words can not describe what last night was like, i havent slept in nearly three days and now i am just running on over drive. trees are bowed and over the road, gates have been ripped off the hinges and so on... if you are watching the news i have no duobt you will see some of the damage that has been done!!!

Again thank you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers xx
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how you got on last night. By all media reports it wasn't as bad as they had expected. I bet it was still a horrible ordeal to go through. Stay safe and get some rest.