Fast Food Dear John Letter

Options

Replies

• Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Very well put.;p

I work in fast-food, and every single one of my coworkers has put on weight since starting there, since we get a free meal every shift. Always around the waist and hips.

I'll still eat the salads, but I bring in my own accompaniments.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Well said.
  • yvfitness1
    yvfitness1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I totally stand by your letter and I can only agree.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Very well put.;p

I work in fast-food, and every single one of my coworkers has put on weight since starting there, since we get a free meal every shift. Always around the waist and hips.

I'll still eat the salads, but I bring in my own accompaniments.

I worked fast food in my senior year in high school - McDonalds. I quickly gained weight. Then my freshman year in college I worked for AMC Theatres - nachos and popcorn by the tub full. Bad way to start out in the world.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Oh fast food has gotten the 1, 2 punch once again!! I kicked fast food to the left a couple of months ago. I thought I couldn't do without some of my favs but ummmm why even put that poison in my mouth. Ewwwwww. Subway can't even get a nod from me. Sorry Jared.

Love the letter!!
  • Theps
    Theps Posts: 15
    Options
    Love It!!!
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    what would you say if I told you fast food caused me to loose weight? 50+ pounds in fact.
  • edorice
    Options
    what would you say if I told you fast food caused me to loose weight? 50+ pounds in fact.

I'll bite, how so?
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I'll bite, how so?

I work in fast food, Burger King actually, I started as a crew member now I'm HSC. in my first year or so working there I ate a lot of burger king. when I work 11-7 or 7-3 with no break, its really easy just to grab a sandwich. after a while I started feeling horrible, nauseous most of the time, had no energy. it took me a while to figure out it was the fat content, my body had developed an intolerance to it. since I felt so sick I wasn't eating much, and what little I was eating was burger king so over about a years time I went from 235 pounds down to 190 and I'm still loosing weight down to 180. at 235 I had 10% body fat at 190 I had 14% I don't know what it is now. I do still grab a sandwich on occasion, but I try to think small a cheeseburger, maybe a spicy, or sometimes I'll put a spicy patty on a side salad, but mostly I'll bring my own food to work, and feel a hell of a lot better doing it.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nicely said! :)
  • edorice
    Options

I'll bite, how so?

I work in fast food, Burger King actually, I started as a crew member now I'm HSC. in my first year or so working there I ate a lot of burger king. when I work 11-7 or 7-3 with no break, its really easy just to grab a sandwich. after a while I started feeling horrible, nauseous most of the time, had no energy. it took me a while to figure out it was the fat content, my body had developed an intolerance to it. since I felt so sick I wasn't eating much, and what little I was eating was burger king so over about a years time I went from 235 pounds down to 190 and I'm still loosing weight down to 180. at 235 I had 10% body fat at 190 I had 14% I don't know what it is now. I do still grab a sandwich on occasion, but I try to think small a cheeseburger, maybe a spicy, or sometimes I'll put a spicy patty on a side salad, but mostly I'll bring my own food to work, and feel a hell of a lot better doing it.

Aw, getting sick off of something will do it. Glad you're able to have whatever you want from time to time without the adverse affects now.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!!!! Count me in!
  • kmjmom2
    Options
    love this!!
  • tbullock
    tbullock Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is great! Can I copy and repost?:
  • Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!! Printing it off & sticking it to my fridge :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I love it! And congratulations on your success! I have 43 more pounds to go...and that letter just gave me the kick in the butt I needed to do it!
  • shellywelly123
    shellywelly123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is great and is now something i will stick by aswell
  • edorice
    Options
    This is great! Can I copy and repost?:

Feel free.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    If I was Fast Food, I'd be scared.

This is such a wonderful letter. You should send it around as a petition to all the major Fast Food companies.
    I'd sign it.