Options
    Name: Jenn
    Date of Summer Goal (or month): 4jul
    Summer Goal Weight: 135
    Current Weight: 192
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great challenge to start Pattie. I'm useless at drinking enough water and I do count calories burned but it's extra motivation to have a goal to reach! I will be attempting both so here goes :)
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Well i did my weigh in this morning. 189.6!!
    I know it's only 0.4lbs, BUT that scale was out of the 90s so I am happy!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ***Weigh/Check In***

Last Week Weight - 175 lbs
    This Weeks Weight - 174 lbs
    Weight lossed - 1 lb

Challange Comments: I drink enough water for 3 people so that one wouldnt be much of a challange for me. Burning 3500 calories in one week is huge, I normally average 400 cals burned from doing cardio (45mins), even if I stepped that up to 500 cals I still wouldnt be able to hit the 3500 mark and thats with me working out 6 days a week (which I currently do).

Thats a toughy... Good Luck everyone!!! :)
  • p_cakes
    Options
    ***Weigh/Check In***

Last Week Weight - 175 lbs
    This Weeks Weight - 174 lbs
    Weight lossed - 1 lb

Challange Comments: I drink enough water for 3 people so that one wouldnt be much of a challange for me. Burning 3500 calories in one week is huge, I normally average 400 cals burned from doing cardio (45mins), even if I stepped that up to 500 cals I still wouldnt be able to hit the 3500 mark and thats with me working out 6 days a week (which I currently do).

Thats a toughy... Good Luck everyone!!! :)

I know, I drink quite a bit of water now, not enough, but more than I used to.
    I added up my workouts last week, I did about 2400. Thats with two classes, dancing videos at home, and going to the gym. I'm gonna try for it!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Weigh in:135.2 sorry that's from Friday but I've been out of town! 3500 will be tough! Who has ideas on activities with large calorie burns???
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Alright P_Cakes, I went to the gym, and I managed to burn 539 calories today. Yay me! If I keep that up all 6 days this week, I can get to 3240 cals burned for the week. Not too Shabby, I am going to try, REALLY try to get there!

I think the key is to switch up the machines... I did my normal elliptical for 40 mins today, then I hopped on the treadmill and did 14 mins (should stayed for the extra min to make it 15 haha).

Good Luck everyone!!!

****EDIT*** I would ALSO like to point out that I am going off my HRM calories burned (the REAL number) and not the number off the machines. If I went off the machine numbers I could easily meet this challange because of how far off they are.... Just sayin.... :tongue:
  • Swilson87
    Options
    I'm a chart guy, so I've already got one together to chart my progress this week. I'm going to hit both goals. All of my calorie totals are actual numbers. I don't let MFP estimate them, so it's going to be tough but possible!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Name: Britta
    Goal Date: Memorial Day
    Current Weigth: 155
    Goal Weight: 142

I'm doing my first sprint triathlon on June 11, so this will be great! I'm also taking the LSAT on June 6, so the weekly challenges can motivate me to eat healthy snacks while studying and taking my book to the gym on cross-training days on the elliptical!
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    WEIGH IN FOR SATURDAY

sorry i was away for the weekend and forgot to update my weight lol
    I stayed at 161lb but i did lose 4 1/2 inches from hips, waist, bum and thighs!

I usually drink 8 glasses of water a day but i'm gonna push myself to burn the 3500 calories fingers crossed i can get close ;-)
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Ok fellow challengers. I've started the week determined to complete both challenges. I've burned 640 calories, and drank 4 glasses of water, and it's only 6:30am in Memphis Tn. I'll only log my gym calories burned, because they are the easiest to track, but I'm all in. Hope you all are having great starts also. If not maybe this serves as the motivation to get started...
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Good Luck on your first Sprint Tir! I ran my first last June and LOVED it! I'm completely hooked now. If I can helop out in any way,let mem know!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Well yesterday I drank 5 classes of water, which I was proud of because for me that's a big thing.

So far today I have drank 2 8oz glasses. I am going to be doing a Billy Blank Jr Dance exercise around noon-ish, then tonight I've got step class, I think I'll do good with my calories burned tonight.

I don't have an HRM. I've used multiple sites to find out the calories, then usually take the average. It's not exact, but I know for now it's in range until I can get a HRM.

Good luck to everyone! I know we can do it!
  • dubord29
    Options
    I'm not so sure I will make the challenge with the calories! But I will get as many as I can!! I only started working out again this past week so one workout a day is all I'm capable of (I tried one in the am and one in the pm and was barely able to function t he next day!) So I am building up to that goal! Water is def a big one for me! When I work I drink tons of water but at home I rarely do! So that goal I intend on reaching this week!!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    I burned about 500 today! So I gotta bump it up a bit tomorrow.
    This chart isn't the best looking (I can't seem to figure out how to get it uploaded here.

**okay so the chart just wasn't working right. Anyone know how to post it?
  • bebemc
    bebemc Posts: 38
    Options
    Checking in. I lost 1.5 lbs this week. Exercised really hard. My legs are very tight. I really need to learn some stretches to help with that.
  • chopper91
    Options
    I forgot to log in yesterday with my weight but I am 188 and I drink alot of water everyday so that challenge will be ok for me but the other one with burning all those calories are going to be tough. I have just recently joined a gym and I work out for 45 mins in the morning. With my busy schedule that is all I can get in for right now. But hey I am proud that i joined a gym in the first place and started working out.
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion for anyone trying to increase their water consumption... a water bottle. I'm always carrying around my trusty Camelback bottle around with me and I fill it up multiple times during the day at work. Since I started doing this about a year ago, I've definitely feel like I've increased the amount of water I drink (I think I've filled it up three times today already). What's funny is that some of my co-workers have started doing the same thing, so we're always in the kitchen filling up our water bottles. :smile: Hope everyone is having a good week so far!