New Group - Summer Lovin'

Options

Replies

• lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How about for a fitness challenge trying to do a different type of exercise each day? Not sure how hard this would be for everyone but I've been thinking I'd like to try something new to stop my body getting too used to a routine. Might even be a good way to discover something new you didn't know about or haven't tried before?
  • bigjean
    bigjean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ummm yes i'll join this. but help me push myself to remember this ok i bad for tracking and logging stuff. but goood luck all I have to weight myself I know i lost / now you place your lost bar on page?
  • bebemc
    bebemc Posts: 38
    Options
    I got all my water in this week. Exercised 5 out of 7 days. I added the sodium on my tracking last week and can't believe how much sodium is in some of the stuff I've been eating so glad to see the challenge this week.

Becky

SW 163
    Week 1 159.5
    Week 2 156

1399300.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Alright, so I've gotten everyone's weigh-ins that have entered so far.
    I've decided that if you miss 2 weigh-ins (meaning you don't even come back.) It's okay if you haven't lost anything that week so you choose not to record your weight, I just mean the ones that are not coming back at all. This way the chart won't go crazy with people not even in the group.

Also, if you're new please use this format so I can get you added to the chart:
    Name:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    GW Date:

Each Saturday is weigh-in, if you want to do it on Friday or Sunday that's fine, or even another day, just be sure to let us know so we can keep track of it! Try and use something like this when you post it, so we can see:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    or
    Starting weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:

That's just so we can get a good view of how great you'r doing!

As for the challenges, I'm going to try and post a Fitness and a Nutrition challenge each Sunday. You can do both, or just one. it's whatever you want to do. I'm always open for suggestions on different challenges! Also, if anyone has any NSG or Mini goals let us know. Those are always good things to notice and celebrate too.
    I've got a mini goal (also part of a challenge I'm in ) I want to be at 165 by April 1. I also want to be at 175 by March 10. That would be amazing!

Here's the chart. Sorry it took so long to get it up. I finally figured out how to do it! If I forgot you, or missed your weigh in, let me know. I will add it!

mfp-1.jpg
  • p_cakes
    Options
    I passed on the most wonderful looking chocolate covered strawberries today! oh man, I think a trip to Froyoz tonight would be wonderful!
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks p_cakes for making the chart! Hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day so far... it's been rough rejecting some of the goodies that have come across my desk like a red velvet cupcake from one of the local cupcake shops that our ad agency rep sent over... sooo tempting!! :smile: I'm going to try and enjoy the 50 degree weather we are having today when I get home... maybe take the furbabies for a walk! So happy that spring appears to be right around the corner and the days are getting longer! Yay!

Happy Valentine's Day ya'll! :heart:
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Boo, no loss yet, although I was up on sodium this weekend so hopefully there was a loss, and I just was retaining water.

My calories have been good and I've been active as the weather has been good as well - so I'm optimistic.

I love the challenge ideas this week!

Let's see, some ideas:
    Nutrition - getting in 5 servings of fruit/vegetables daily, meeting fiber requirements daily, no fast food/convenience foods for a week, trying out a new nutritionally balanced recipe, planning menu for a week (and sharing!)

Exercise - Increasing workout time by 2min a day for 5 days so that you're up by 10min at the end of the week, sneaking in extra physical activity daily for a week (parking far away, taking the stairs, walking the long way, etc) everywhere you can, take your current workout up a notch, so increasing reps, increasing weight, whatever you can for a little oomph!
  • dubord29
    Options
    Well I haven't had a chance to weigh in yet so here it goes:
    I stayed the same:( I'm bummed but happy that I didn't gain. I ate my calories and drank all my water. I wasn't able to hit the 3500 calorie burn so I will work harder next week! Good Luck everyone:)
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    The fitness challenge this week is keeping me motivated! I totally would have skipped today but I didn't want to have to tell you all I failed the fitness challenge this week...so I got my butt up and walked 30 minutes!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    I'm glad everyone liked this weeks challenge.
    I've been doing movement everyday. I haven't made it to the actual gym yet this week with my friend, but I've been working out here at home.
    It's been gorgeous outside so I've been running. Today it is supposed to get up to 70!!

Thursday and Friday(especially Friday) are going to be hard for me because of work. We are EXTRA busy so I'll either be working out really late or really early! Im gonna do it though! Seeing the scale go down makes it worth it!

Oh and I fit into my size 15 jeans yesterday! I'm normally a 16-17. But I fit into the 15s. They needed a belt, but only because of my thighs. I have that problem where the pants will fit my thighs, but be WAY too loose on my waist. Hopefully I lose a bit of my thighs and can fit normally into them. ha!
  • dubord29
    Options
    I'm glad everyone liked this weeks challenge.
    I've been doing movement everyday. I haven't made it to the actual gym yet this week with my friend, but I've been working out here at home.
    It's been gorgeous outside so I've been running. Today it is supposed to get up to 70!!

Thursday and Friday(especially Friday) are going to be hard for me because of work. We are EXTRA busy so I'll either be working out really late or really early! Im gonna do it though! Seeing the scale go down makes it worth it!

Oh and I fit into my size 15 jeans yesterday! I'm normally a 16-17. But I fit into the 15s. They needed a belt, but only because of my thighs. I have that problem where the pants will fit my thighs, but be WAY too loose on my waist. Hopefully I lose a bit of my thighs and can fit normally into them. ha!

I have the same issue!! My thighs and butt are too big! My pants are always tight in the thighs and butt but bigger in the waist. It stinks!
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Sorry - I didn't post my weight Mon- 145.7. I have been down with the stomach flu the last 2 days (uuuuggghhhh....), feeling better today - hoping I can exercise a little tomorrow. NOT a good way to lose weight!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    just keeping it up top so everyone can find it.

it's been GORGEOUS! here, so I've been outside doing my workouts! Biking, running, walking, running up and down my steps, everything!
  • FaithfullFit
    FaithfullFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    todays weigh in

163.2 loss of 2.2 lbs

not doing well with this weeks challenge I have missed 2 days of working out.
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Finally got to exercise today - hope I didn't overdue it! . That stomach flu kicked my *kitten*. After logging what I was eating the last couple of days I've decided that the "bland" foods we eat when we dont feel good are NOT necessarily low in cals, fat, OR sodium! Dang! Back on track today though and ready to go. We have a day of X-country skiing planned for Sun, although it's been a little warm here, so hopefully the snow sticks around a few more days! (I think I'm the only person around here that WANTS the snow to stay - I'm the weirdo that loves winter...LOL)
  • p_cakes
    Options
    I missed todays workout. I worked for 12 hours today, from 8:30 to 9. I have to be back tomorrow at 8:30 so i really just have not had it in me today.
    I've gone over my sodium a couple days too. It's been because of going out and things like that. I've tried to drink more water on those days though. Tomorrow I'm going to do an extra workout. It's been gorgeous lately so I'm going to see if my boyfriend wants to walk with me, or run!

good luck to everyone else. Can't wait to see the weigh-ins tomorrow!
    @shyner7980 - good job on the weight loss!
    @waterbug920 - the flu stinks, it's going around my family too. I'm hoping I don't get it! And I hate winter! I have enjoyed the 60+ weather we have had, it has been wonderful! It rained tonight and I was so happy that it wasn't freezing rain or snow!
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Name: Lettey
    Date of Summer Goal: Some where in June
    Summer Goal Weight: 160
    Current Weight: 190

I'm really excited in joining even if it's a little late. Good luck to everyone!

Please add me to your friends for mutual support :)
  • tjsummer
    Options
    so i know i'm pretty late in joining, but i just signed up for my fitness pal today and then i saw this group and knew i had to join because it's exactly what my goal is-- lose some weight before summer!

Name: Kayla
    Date to reach goal: early june
    current weight: 160
    summer goal weight: 142
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Starting weight: 161
    Current Weight: 160
    Goal Weight: 130

No loss this week, done rubbish on the challenges its not been a good week for me! I'm starting a fresh today onwards and downwards lol
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Start weight 220.5
    my weight for this week is 218.5
    I lost a pound this week ! 38.5 more to go !