New Group - Summer Lovin'

Options

Replies

• dubord29
    Options
    YAY!! Finally dropped 1.4#:) I will take that. I watched what I ate all week and exercised 30min a day!! I always watch my sodium because of the meds I just started taking so that went fine.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    please when you post your weigh-in use this form
    Starting weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal:

Just so it's easier for me to add it to the chart and for others to see where you're at.

I'm still at 187.2!
    I lost about 1 lbs since last time
    so..
    Starting Weight: 109
    Current weight: 187.2
    Goal: 145
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I went down to 143.2 yesterday but back up to 144.0 today so a bit frustrating. Still a 0.6lb loss since last week though so can't really complain.

Pattie could you update my result from last week to 144.6? I wasn't going to count 10ths but it makes me feel better now if I do :)

Starting weight: 146.0
    Current Weight: 144.0
    Goal: 126.0

Haven't managed the challenge this week as I don't count sodium.

Good luck everybody!
  • dubord29
    Options
    YAY!! Finally dropped 1.4#:) I will take that. I watched what I ate all week and exercised 30min a day!! I always watch my sodium because of the meds I just started taking so that went fine.

Starting weight: 170
    Current Weight: 169.4
    Goal: 140
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo!! I wasn't able to get in my 30 minutes every day this week (a bit crazy at work with project deadlines coming up), but I did watch my sodium!

Starting weight:174 (it was probably more like 176 when I started and not 174)
    Current Weight:174
    Goal: 155

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Starting weight:190
    Current Weight: 186
    Goal: 160

I know I only joined yesterday so it looks like a lot of weight lost but I hadn't weighed myself since last Saturday so I only had the 190 to go by for a start day. Should I start posting my start weight as 186 rather than 190? Oh, and what day do we check in for the challenges? Saturday as well or...?

Thanks!

-Lettey
  • p_cakes
    Options
    @lynnellec: You actually told me your start weight was 176,so you have lost 2lbs!

@ Everyone: Good job! I'm so glad I started this group! Even when I'm making the challenges it makes me want to keep up with them so I don't have to tell everyone I failed....HOWEVER...

I failed this week. I was doing so good throughout the week, but then Friday came and we have been SLAMMED! all weekend at work. Boss yelling at all of us for nothing, customers just really pissy. It's just not been my ideal weekend, and it has shown in my food! I've had coke, chocolate, pizza, a margarita...bad!

BUT I plan to do pilates tonight and go for a run after work, then tomorrow I start back into my routine. Step class on Monday, double workout Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday may be a pilates day (I may miss Zumba due to work) and Friday will be a late workout!
    The weekend alwasy throw me off since we are getting busier here at work, I rarely have time to stop to get a drink let alone eat. I DID get a lot of water though! I've been keeping up with that. AND I'm still at 187.2, I haven't lost, but I haven't gained so I'm happy!

I'll post the challenges and the new chart tomorrow! I'm also gonna start doing a weekly total of how much we've lost as a group! If you've got any ideas for a challenge let me know! I'll add them to the list!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    sooo..I just realized it's Sunday!

I think I need to add a new challenge!

Fitness Challenge: Do a Different type of workout every day. It doesn't have to be your main workout, but just something new. (Ex. If you do 30 day shred everyday, add in something new each day, even if it's only 10 mins.) That's just to change it up each day so your body won't see the same thing everyday!

Nutrition: Find a recipe and try it! Breakfast, lunch, Dinner, snack, anything! Post it on here and let us know how good it was. You can do just one for the whole week, or choose a new one each day to try! Even better, find the nutrition facts to go with it!

I will have to post the chart tomorrow as I can't get to it from work. I will say that as a group we have lost <b> 29.4 lbs</b> total! Awesome!

I think this weeks challenge should be a good one. I'll be getting in something different each workout and I love trying new recipes!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I don't have a scale at home and haven't been to the gym to weigh...I will probably not make it to the actual gym until it's next week's weigh in, but I finished both challenges this week! It was so hard to make myself exercise some of the days, but I am so happy I did! This was the first week I have exercised all 7 days in years! I went over my sodium one day...darn sour cream and onion chips!....but I got to see how much sodium is in several foods I repeat a lot, something I never paid attention to before!

I can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences with the challenges this week! I think I am going to try P90X with my husband one day for my "new" exercise...
  • p_cakes
    Options
    So far I've done Step this week, today I'm going to be adding Pilates. I'm not sure what I'll be doing these next fews days! I'm trying to mix it up a bit.
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last night I did 30 minutes on the trusty ARC trainer, but then my new exercise was cycling. I cycled on the stationary bike for 10 minutes... I'll have to slowly build up time on the bike! I have to give it up for folks who do spinning and road cycling all the time... I guess the "pain in the bum" of sitting on the bike eventually goes away! :smile:
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Did our weigh in day change, I was thinking it's Monday for some reason!

Starting weight:226
    Current Weight:224
    Goal: ultimate 175 and see from there, but under 200 by August is my current goal!

Things are definitely not going as fast as I'd like, but at least they're going!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    @earthsember: Weigh-in can be whenever. At first we said Saturday, and most people still stick to that, but if you don't have a chance to on Saturday then that's okay. I go back to the last time I posted a chart and get all the updates from there. I'd like to keep it to once a week though. Monday is fine, Sunday is fine, Saturday is good too. Sunday is the day we start a new challenge though.

@lynnellec: Cycling is intense! I was gonna try the class they have at the gym, but I'm not sure. I usually do 10 mins on the bike and I'm good. It works those thighs though!

I bought a video today. It's a Billy Blanks bootcamp cardio video. it looks pretty intense. I'm going to start it tomorrow. I think I'll do it once or twice a week! I'm going to be really strict this week. Nothing but water and flavored water, and no fast foods or foods that I don't make myself!
  • aehenson
    Options
    If you're stil open,

Name - Andrea
    Age - 31
    Weight - 153
    Goal weight - 145
    Date - Memorial Day

I also will be participating in some 5ks - one in March for sure - in case you're keeping up with a 5k group.
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Well, I pretty much SUCKED on the sodium levels last week - was better by the end of the week, but still a little over. AMAZING how much sodium was in my diet. Since the flu hit last week, I did not get to exercise much early in the week, but I started P90x on Friday. I really like the program - but be ready for an *kitten* whoopin'! Glad I'm already in pretty good shape or I'd be really hurting.

So I'm disappointed because I weighed in this AM at 147.6. WHAT THE????? Seriously?? I actually lost some inch-wise in my waist & hips, but come on. Trying not to get too down about this, but it's tough. We X-country ski'd for 3 hours on Sunday and I've been under my calorie goals, so I just don't get it. Ready for new challenges this week, maybe that will help keep me motivated.
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    waterbug920 - that happened to me as soon as I increased my exercise but then it went back down again so I think it's a muscle thing. I'm feeling slimmer and my clothes are feeling looser even though the scale isn't moving much so stick with it and the results will come!
  • waterbug920
    Options
    waterbug920 - that happened to me as soon as I increased my exercise but then it went back down again so I think it's a muscle thing. I'm feeling slimmer and my clothes are feeling looser even though the scale isn't moving much so stick with it and the results will come!

Thanks - good to know someone else had this problem too. It's such a bummer when it happens, but you're probably right about buildin up new muscle. Thanks again - I kinda needed the 'pick me up'!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Haven't done my new workout yet. My husband is doing P90X Plyometrics tomorrow and I am joining him. So I will probably be dead by this time tomorrow, lol! New recipe coming tomorrow too although I haven't decided what it will be for sure. What are everyone else's new recipes for the week?
  • p_cakes
    Options
    I did one of Billy Blanks cardio videos yesterday. Part of his bootcamp. OH. MY. GOSH! I have never sweat so much in my life! It was intense, and I only did 30 minutes of it! I'm hoping I can get through the whole thing!

Today I am going to Zumba! :)
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Im a little sad that this group isn't as active as some of the others. :(
    Well, i'll try to keep the group going. If anyone is still willing to. Let me know! We may just make it a bit smaller!

:)