New Group - Summer Lovin'

Options

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Yes, I weighed in...FOR NO CHANGE! Ahhh! I have worked so hard! But my clothes are definitely much looser and I can tell I look thinner. I have been doing the strength training and lots of cycling this week so I think I have just built some extra muscle this week. Hopefully it will change next week!

So still
    SW 155
    CW 155
    GW 141
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I've heard those last few are hard to lose. I dread those days. :(
  • dc5rn
    dc5rn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    its rough but we can push through it... the first 5 weeks i lost 20lbs... now the last 4 ive only lost 5... but i think im working much harder now...
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Me = weigh in slacker! Definitely will do it tomorrow... got caught up with getting some wedding stuff done today!!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    @ weigh-in slacker (hehe)- It's okay, I'm still trying to get the stupid website to work here at work so I can get the chart up. It's EXTREMELY slow at work today. So I'm gonna think up a good challenge....BUT again fi you have any suggestions or want to do something let me know..we can do it!
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nothing lost this week :( seem to have really hit a plateau despite working really hard.

Only managed 20 mins strength training this week but that 20 more than last week so am going to focus on improving that.

Also been working in the garden all day today, hopefully spring is finally making an appearance and I can start burning some calories that way!
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Here's my weekly stats:
    Start Weight = 150
    Current Weight = 145.3
    Goal Weight= 130

(I think that was my goal weight.... LOL) It's been a very hectcic week, and i haven't logged my food too much. Glad I weighte din yesterday morning BEFORE we went to the rodeo though, cause I was bad and had a burger and some fries! But hey, you gotta let loose ONCE in awhile, right?? If I didn't loosen up occasionally, I'd just have an all out binge. And my weight is coming down again, now that I've been doing the P90X for a little while. It's a tough program, but i love it. You REALLY feel like you did something when you're done!

Great job everyone on the challenges! I'll try to come up with something to help out. OH - is anyone going to post their recipes from last week? I have a really good one I'll try to get up later this evening. Have a great Sunday!!
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    SW: 190
    CW: 189
    GW: 160

Ugh, I did absolutely horrible this week! I ate what I wanted, whenever I wanted, however much I wanted. I've gained back what I lost. This week though I will get back on track. Promise! Back to the gym and back to watching my calorie intake.
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Here it is! The new chart. I may have over done it on the colors. haha, but I love colors. The red is past weeks, yellow this week, light blue next week. I hope I've gotten everyones correct date. I went back and double checked.

As I said before I deleted people that haven't been here in two weeks. if you were one of those people and have decided to come back and be active please post your stats again, we'd LOVE to have you back!

So as for todays challenge
    Fitness Challenge: let's do target areas! Pick a different area and do something that targets that area. It can be a cardio workout or strength training, whichever you would prefer. example: Monday= thighs, *some sort of workout for thighs* Tuesday= abs, *some ab workout* Does that make sense? Try and come back each day to let us know what you did. Then each of us can get different ideas on workouts to target areas.

Nutrition Challenge: I liked the idea of watching one area, like last week. My Dr. told me I needed more fiber in my diet, he also told me to cut back on the sugar. How about this week we watch our Fiber? Anyone against that? ALSO! Let's try for a nothing but water week! That includes plan water and water with the flavor packets too.

Again, you can choose to do both, just one, part of one. however you like! But try to come back each day to let us know how you're doing. I think this will be a good way to give others ideas for workouts and good ways to add fiber..

mfp-2.jpg

I don't get why it's having such a hard time looking good. it looks fine before I post it and then..eww.
  • bstamps12
    Options
    I like the challenges! Except the water one...I can only do so much to change my lifestyle lol. I know so many people on here are adamantly against diet soda, but I literally need that caffeine working and going to school and everything. But I am adding fiber to my nutrition tracker now & I will be thinking about what I want to target each day!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Yeah, the water one I knew would be a challenge for me because I'm the same way. Sometimes I just need to have my caffiene. haha. But if I cut it down to only having one soda, or something like that I would feel proud of myself.

The fiber part I think is good...I used to have REALLY bad stomach problems and my DR told me I needed more fiber. I uped my fiber, but the pain was still there. (I think my Dr is crazy a bit) but once I stopped eating junk food EVERY day I felt better! It's been nice, but the fiber helps out a lot!

Good luck to everyone this week. I weighed myself this morning, just for the heck of it, and I'm at 185.0! I wanted to do that so I can see exactly what I'm losing in one week...
  • lynnellec
    Options
    @ p_cakes: Weigh-in slacker reporting!!

Start Weight = 176
    Current Weight = 174
    Goal Weight= 155

Oh I'm so golden on the water thing! I gave up sodas about 15 years ago, but I still need at least one unsweet ice tea a day otherwise I get a wicked caffeine headache. Going from sweet to unsweet tea 6 months ago was hard because that has been a main staple of my life for such a long time... I mean I do live in the South (granted it's what some of my friends and I like to call "Northern South"-- too Northern to be truly Southern, but too Southern to be truly Northern. :smile: )! However, I didn't like drinking all my daily sugar in one drink!

Here's a suggestion... maybe cut out fried foods for one week??
  • bstamps12
    Options
    @lynelle- good job last week! ooh Fried foods would be such a hard challenge! But that's the purpose of these challenges!
  • lynnellec
    Options
    I know... fried foods would be hard because in cutting out bread last week, it's amazing how much stuff is breaded and fried! Granted, I'm not going to lie, I love certain fried foods!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    @weigh-in slacker

What part of this northern/southern are you talking? I'm in East Tennessee...
  • p_cakes
    Options
    how about next week be fried food....then you can have this week to get your last enjoyment in. haha.
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did really good on my fiber intake yesterday thanks to some delicious avocado aaand drank nothing but water... Didn't hit the gym but I'll try my hardest to get there today. Hope everyone is doing good!
  • lynnellec
    Options
    @p_cakes: I'm in Louisville... right on the border! :smile:

Lynnelle
  • p_cakes
    Options
    ahh, I'm around Knoxville TN

hows everyone on challenge? I'm trying to get more, and I've already failed on the water.
    BUT! I am trying to get more water. i'm slowly working on it.
  • FaithfullFit
    FaithfullFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I made it the entire day yesterday without caffine. But I missed my workout it so hard to get in a workout after working a physical job for 10 hours. I need to make myself get up early in the mornings to do it.