New Group - Summer Lovin'

Options

Replies

• p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    today is going to be a good day! I'm about to go do my kickboxing video, which ALWAYS kicks my butt, then I'll be doing lots of cleaning.....rainy days always make me want to clean.

Hows everyone doing?
  • chris_elizabeth
    chris_elizabeth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im doing pretty good with the water thing!! I add lemon, strawberries etc to my water, makes it look a little more appetizing haha and gives it a bit more taste. Also been drinking peppermint tea (caffeine free, calorie free) which makes me feel really revived!
    Other than that like many of you have been saying i totally fail in the morning! I need my daily morning coffee!! I guess one a day is not THAT bad haha! Could be worse!!
    Fiber - I have been adding benefiber shape management to my water! Tasteless and adds some extra fiber to your day!!

How is everyone else doing!?

-Christa
  • LettsBvegan
    LettsBvegan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did ok. Drank nothing but water and did ok on my fiber intake. I didn't hit the gym though. I've been having the worst time trying to motivate myself to go.

Today's been a little bit shakey. I had a diet soda but it's Wednesday so atleast I did it for almost half a week lol

Hope everyone is dong great!

LetteyB
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    LetteyB-with all my love, GET TO THE GYM! You can't get to 130 without working out! You can do it! & You will feel TONS better after you go!

I am doing pretty good on my fiber...I eat lots of crackers and yogurt so it's not been a problem. (lol, right now, there is a Kellogg's Fiber Plus ad beside this text box). Water has been good, I have gotten my 64 oz in every day. But I have stuck to my diet cokes...just can't give those up yet.

Fitness challenge: Monday was the backside of my legs. I swam and did lots of kick to work my hamstrings & calves. They were so sore Tuesday! Tuesday my spot was my shoulders. I did P90X Kenpo and boy am I feeling it today in my biceps, shoulders, and back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kenpo though! Tonight I am going on a bike ride then to Zumba. My target area is my thighs...gotta get them in shape for my 13.5 mi bike part of my sprint triathlon (which I swear is straight UPHILL! ahh!). The Zumba is just a bonus because I never get to go to Zumba class with the good instructors anymore & the instructor tonight kicks *kitten*!!!

How is everyone else on the challenges??
  • LettsBvegan
    Options
    @bstamps- Thanks for the motivation! I will definitely go today!
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Hi, i've kept under or on my fibre all week, (more on than under i think)
    I haven't been doing target areas but i have got back into exercising again.
  • dc5rn
    dc5rn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i cheated a little bit and weighed myself this AM bc of the amount of cardio i have been doing... I am down to 212.6... WAHOOO i cant do that much cardio for the rest of the week bc my knee is killing me..
  • LettsBvegan
    Options
    :: sigh :: LOL Well, I drank plenty of water today but I did have a Sprite. I met my fiber goal buuut I went way over my calories. It's hard to eat out and healthy especially when the place is a fried food haven. To top it all off I skipped the gym today.Grr, I will be back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • p_cakes
    Options
    well Ive had a coke today. I really need to stop. I stopped for about the first month, then cheated and have been screwed every since. ha! I think Ill stop today...

My workouts have been okay, tonight I'm gonna do some ab work after my cardio DVD. I haven't been able to do weights this week and it's driving me nuts. Would it be weird to do weights with cans of veggies. haha.

My water has been alright, not as good as it could be. I'm still working towards the 160s by May! I can do it!!
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Saturday weigh in

Starting weight: 169
    Current Weight: 157.6 (down 0.4 from last week)
    Goal Weight: 130 ish

I think i done ok on my fibre and i'm happy that i've got back into my exercise, i just need to step my game up now, i wanna be losing 1lb + a week so i can get down to 123 lb in time for my holiday in november.
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I think I panicked a little last week as my plateau was only a small one - still frustrating not to lose much for 2 weeks when you're working so hard though.

This week I've managed far less exercise - still something each day but most days nowhere near 500 calories - and the weight has fallen off! I have mixed up my calorie intake more this week though - I knew it was Pancake Day on Tuesday so I was very good for a couple of days and then allowed myself to go over with the pancakes. Must have shaken up my metabolism a bit :)

Start (Jan 1st): 154.0
    Start (this group): 146.0
    Last Week - 143.6
    Current: 140.2 - 3.4lb lost!
    Goal: 126.0

That makes it 1 stone gone in 10 weeks :D

Sounds like everyone else is doing great and it's a real motivation to hear other peoples stories from the week. Good luck to you all!

p.s. lovely profile pic Pattie :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My start weight for this group was 220.5
    .My weight this morning is 212.0
    I lost another 1.5 pounds this week !
    I still have 32 pounds more to loose but i am going in the right direction !
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm so in :)
    Name: Mary
    Date of Summer Goal (or month): June 12
    Summer Goal Weight: 119
    Current Weight: 128-130 (I'm flip flopping :( )
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Starting: 190
    Last week: 185.6
    This week 185.0

This week has been a bad one for me. My goal next week is to lose 1 to 1.5 lbs. I'm hoping I can do this! I've gotta stick to it. I've been falling off WAY too much. The beach is creeping closer and closer everyday!!

Everyone is doing good though. It's always nice to see soem change in the scale!
    I've got the chart up and I'll be adding all day! I've already got tomorrows challenge ready! I'm excited for this one!

As for the challenge this week. FAIL! I didn't target any specific areas except this morning, I did Abs. I drank water, but I had WAY too much coke this week. Today is my last day for coke. I'm doing two weeks of only water!

I did my 10lb reward this week. I got my hair changed. I am officially a blonde again. My hair used to be such a light color blonde and then as I grew up it got dark, now I'm back to it and I love it! It makes me feel like I'm ready for the beach. :)
  • pooksMS
    pooksMS Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I just saw this group and thought it would be a good idea to join to get some support and to help me stay on task.

Name: Brooke
    Weight now: 186
    Goal weight: 165
    Height: 5'9"
    Activity level: High, although I just had a back sprain so have been on the couch for two weeks. Going on my first walk today.

Reason to lose weiight: I'm getting married on July 30th and want to look great and I have gained too much weight in the last year and want to feel better.

Brooke
  • p_cakes
    Options
    hey people it's weigh-in day! Let's get those check-ins! lol
  • Empress17
    Empress17 Posts: 35
    Options
    SW: 200
    CW: 199
    GW: 185
  • SivirSarah
    Options
    Hey is it ok if i still join? I want to be more fit by summer too.

Name: Sarah
    Cw : 209
    Gw : 185
    height: 5'7
    Day finished: june 1st
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    I'm in if it's still allowed!
    Name: Chelsea
    Date of Summer Goal (or month): May 1
    Summer Goal Weight: 123
    Current Weight: 131
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Welcome Chelsea, Sarah, and Brooke!

Patty, I will post my weigh-in tomorrow after I go to the gym. I have worked hard this week but was out of town most of today and yesterday. I tried to stay w/in my calories but you never know how accurate the nutrition info is for restaurants and I was cutting it super close to my calories for the day.

Funny story: Wednesday I decided my "target area" would be my thighs. I went on a bike ride. The bike I have now is truly a piece of *kitten* but I was holding off to buy a new one until I decided how much I would really be biking. As I am going up a hill, I am kind of standing up as I pedal so my arms are really pushing and pulling on the handlebars, which begin to shift to the left because a bolt is loose. By shift, I mean the handlebars on my bike are now 2 inches to the left of where they should be. FFFF. I am on a street, with fairly heavy traffic, about to die anyways because it was a bigger hill than I am at all used to, and I think "oh my God, my handlebars are going to just come off, I will fall over into traffic, and a car will run over me!" It was also cold so I was wearing a long sleeve tee instead of a bike jersey...so I have no ID or cell phone. So I think "If I survive the car running over me, I won't be able to call anyone to help me and if I don't survive, no one is even going to know who they ran over!" After truly thinking I might die, I made it to the top of the hill, which was my turnaround point. I start back down the hill...only to reach for the brakes and THEY AREN'T THERE! In the shifting of the handlebars, the brake handles had turned from facing straight out to straight down, where I couldn't reach them while keeping my hands on the handlebars. Seriously? FML. You can imagine my panic as I try to figure out how to brake on this steep hill in heavy traffic with a stop sign quickly approaching. Finally made it home (miraculously) and went to Zumba class....where the instructor made us do lunges & squats to target our thighs! AHH!

I think I deserve to see a decrease in that number on the scale just for enduring all of that, lol