1100 calorie diet + 5 days a wk at gym =NO WEIGHT LOSS!! GR

Options

Replies

• 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat~ it is denser.
    I agree with the too few calories.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat more & drink water (that's one of my problems right now...I don't drink enough water)
    Have you taken your measurements lately?? If so, have you noticed a difference there?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I fill my calories and workout at night -after all food has been eaten.

My trainer has me on this meal plan. I've got one more week on it and then she said we would talk after that.

I have lost inches, but I did that BEFORE i started the meal plan. From Nov- end of Dec, i lost 1 inch in my waist and no less than 1/4 of inch every where else. So thats good and all... but i want to see the scales say it!! VERY FRUSTRATING!

I am weight training, but only low weights. I lift no more than 25lbs anywhere.

No carbs -no softdrinks -only green veggies - no salt -no sauces -no dressing on salads. All i eat is freakin chicken.. cause i just can't do fish.

This does not sound sustainable. Try eating a balanced diet that you will be able to do going forward, short term diets don't work for the long term as soon as you go back to normal you gain the weight back. The best thing to do is change what your "normal" is then you don't have to worry about following a strict plan.
  • sempernova
    sempernova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Remember 99% of trainers out there are not nutritionists. Eat more, your body needs food to fuel your workouts, without proper nutrition fuel your body cannot function properly and will also burn muscle instead of fat to use for energy, which is not a good thing.

What he said.

Ditto!!!
  • erickirb
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat~ it is denser.
    I agree with the too few calories.

Yes muscle weighs more than fat. When people say muscle weighs more than fat they are implying "in equal volumes muscle weighs more than fat" no need to argue that and that is what they mean. what you are saying is that you weigh the same as me because 1 lb of you weighs the same as 1 pound of me, which makes no sense.
  • cici6477
    Options
    So when i burn the calories at the gym, i should come home and eat those calories to put them back in?
  • Rowell29s
    Options
    U are eating to few calories. Plus yes it is all about the water. You need the water to flush out the sodium and toxins in your body. I am set to eat 1200 calories a day plus my excercise calories but I wasn't losing much weight doing that. I switched mine up to eating 1000 cal plus excercise cals one day and 1400 cal plus excercise cals the next and it boosted my weight loss big time. I guess it is all about confusing your metabolism to. Hope this helps. Keep up the hard work and try different things until something works for u. Good Luck!!!
  • Monicamarkt
    Monicamarkt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay, muscle does not way more than fat. 1 lb of muscle = 1 lb of fat. BUT 1 lb of muscle takes up 20% less space than a lb of fat.
  • erickirb
    Options
    So when i burn the calories at the gym, i should come home and eat those calories to put them back in?

Yes, as you would lose weight eating 1200 calories and not exercising, therefore to fuel your workouts you should eat those extra calories so you net 1200. If you know you are going to exercise you can estimate the amount you will burn and eat most of them throughout the day, you don't have to wait until you finish your workout. If you don't eat them and burn 400 calories you would only net 800 (1200-400), which is no where near enough to live on or consume the proper amount of nutrition; It would be the same as eating 800 calories and not working out.
  • erickirb
    Options
    Okay, muscle does not way more than fat. 1 lb of muscle = 1 lb of fat. BUT 1 lb of muscle takes up 20% less space than a lb of fat.
    Therefore muscle weighs about 20% more than fat, for equal volume
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You need to reevaluate your nutrition. Either somethings gotta go or your missing things. 1100 cals is bad, you workout? 1600 healthy cals is your best bet to start losing fat. Losing inches is a lot of water weight too.
  • cici6477
    Options
    ok -so with me working out at night, this goes against everything i've ever been told. So what is good food that i can eat at night -after 11 pm, that would go against me?
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    716078_6195.jpg
  • cici6477
    Options
    ok -so with me working out at night, this goes against everything i've ever been told. So what is good food that i can eat at night -after 11 pm, that would go against me?

would NOT go against me :)
  • erickirb
    Options

You don't have to eat at nigh, estimate what you think you will burn and divide those calories up throughout the day.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Remember 99% of trainers out there are not nutritionists. Eat more, your body needs food to fuel your workouts, without proper nutrition fuel your body cannot function properly and will also burn muscle instead of fat to use for energy, which is not a good thing.

What he said.

Ditto!!!
    This is absolutely true. Which is why as a consumer, it is important to question the certification of a prospective trainer. A trainer with a quality cert (NCCA accredited is a good place to start), will have been taught the basics of good nutrition, AS WELL as been fully instructed about the danger of breaching scope of practice. Be wary of a trainer who gives too much advice in an area in which they aren't qualified.
  • cici6477
    Options
    OH! ok :) that makes sense!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options

Yes muscle weighs more than fat. When people say muscle weighs more than fat they are implying "in equal volumes muscle weighs more than fat" no need to argue that and that is what they mean. what you are saying is that you weigh the same as me because 1 lb of you weighs the same as 1 pound of me, which makes no sense.

ya i was thinking the same thing =). what weighs more a lbs of feathers or a lbs of rocks!
  • FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello Cici,

I understand what you are going through. I to went through what you are going through. What I can say is you may just be eating wronge. What are you eating and are you really eating enough?. Are you Logging your Food and are you Logging EVERY-THING?

My sister is a coach with a company that everyone is on a program that eating 950 to 1400 cal. a day and everyone looks to lose 2-5 pounds per week. My own parents are on the system. My mom has lost 42 pounds and my dad now 38.5 pounds. They started using the system August 2010. My sister has now lost 53 pounds and she has been using the system from March 2010. Now I know my sister and parents don't spend ours workingout in the gym. They walk about 45 min. a day and not quite sure if they even pick up a weight if they do it would be light weights in the home style workouts.

CiCi, you may want to give my sister a call. She knows what she is doing with her coaching. The Coaching is free, but the program is about $ 50 to $60 a week in food. Much of the food is food you already eat. So give her a call.

My Sister's contact information. Linda Kraus, (209) 402-4644 (call/text), Email: glad2bethinner@gmail.com- my emai: www.glad2bethinner.com - the program and www.lindakraus.tsfl.com - the food

Hope this helps Cici. Let me know what happens.

Take Care,

Paul Crews
    West Sacramento, CA
    916-838-2274
  • erickirb
    Options
    Hello Cici,

I understand what you are going through. I to went through what you are going through. What I can say is you may just be eating wronge. What are you eating and are you really eating enough?. Are you Logging your Food and are you Logging EVERY-THING?

My sister is a coach with a company that everyone is on a program that eating 950 to 1400 cal. a day and everyone looks to lose 2-5 pounds per week. My own parents are on the system. My mom has lost 42 pounds and my dad now 38.5 pounds. They started using the system August 2010. My sister has now lost 53 pounds and she has been using the system from March 2010. Now I know my sister and parents don't spend ours workingout in the gym. They walk about 45 min. a day and not quite sure if they even pick up a weight if they do it would be light weights in the home style workouts.

CiCi, you may want to give my sister a call. She knows what she is doing with her coaching. The Coaching is free, but the program is about $ 50 to $60 a week in food. Much of the food is food you already eat. So give her a call.

My Sister's contact information. Linda Kraus, (209) 402-4644 (call/text), Email: glad2bethinner@gmail.com- my emai: www.glad2bethinner.com - the program and www.lindakraus.tsfl.com - the food

Hope this helps Cici. Let me know what happens.

Take Care,

Paul Crews
    West Sacramento, CA
    916-838-2274

Not a program I would invest in! 1400 for a man would be too low and 950 for anyone is too low. Stay away Cici, follow MFP the program is set up the way it is for a reason, and it works.