ok.. give it to me straight... no energy.. headache.. calori

Options
Last 3 days I have felt totally in the dumps ... Headache...no energy...and just all around not well... Do you think it is my calorie intake? I cant relate it to anything else. Im not sick.. I just feel blah.. And I started reading more and more on here about working out and calorie intake...

My food diary is open and you can take a look .. let me know

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    take a b vitamin supplement. A lot of people say it helps, expecially if you've been cutting out more meat to keep your calories down.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I definitely think its your calories. I recently upped my calories (about a month ago) to what MFP suggests and I feel a TON better! I had the same symptoms as you. I also never slowed down on the weight loss when I increased them. When you only eat 1200 and work off 500 your net is only 700...you definitely need to eat more in my opinion!
  • namrettik
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, it looks like you have some large calorie deficits (with only one or two days as an exception in a week or so). I don't think you're getting enough food, and your body's taking energy where it can find it. You're slowing down because your metabolism is working too hard with so little.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It is almost definitely your calories. You're not eating nearly enough. MFP already programs in a deficit to help you lose weight -- you need to stick as close as possible to that goal. Eating too few calories will cause the symptoms you're describing, as well as stalling your weight loss progress because your body will think you're starving and will hang onto its energy stores. Try to eat at least 1100-1200 calories a day (more on days that you exercise) and see if you feel better.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    YESSS it is your calorie intake!!!!! EAT MORE!!!!! Your body needs atleast 1200 net calories to run.
  • bradspace
    Options
    Without question you are sending your body into a starvation mode. You need to eat your daily calories as suggested (or at least close) to keep your body on a healthy weight loss cycle. What you eat is just as important. Keep those fresh fruits and veggies at the front and complex carbs. Smoothies and crackers will get your numbers where you want them, but at the cost of your health. Be smart and be healthy and you can meet and exceed all of your goals!!
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    low bloodsugar
  • lisacarole
    Options
    Look up ketosis . . . it's probably the cause.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I get headaches when I skip meals too. Your calories are too low, as others have stated. Eat and exercise.
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info you guys! After I started reading on here about calories.. etc. I thought this might be the problem.. Im going to up my calorie intake for sure... I do not like feeling like this!! I WANT more energy!!

Thanks again!