30 day shred

Replies

• Bball4
    Bball4 Posts: 2 Member
    I continued with level 2 today...while my son was running in circles around me and attempting to do the pushups and sit ups with me with a 101 fever! (he's 17 months) haha...He gets so excited when I ask him if he wants to do a workout video! :) Along with the video, I also ran 3 miles...so I'm a little tired tonight...I want to keep pushing through though and hopefully do the videos at least 3 times a week...I didn't go into work today so I was able to run and workout with the video...it was wonderful!!! I'm thinking I'll sleep well tonight!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    I continued with level 2 today...while my son was running in circles around me and attempting to do the pushups and sit ups with me with a 101 fever! (he's 17 months) haha...He gets so excited when I ask him if he wants to do a workout video! :) Along with the video, I also ran 3 miles...so I'm a little tired tonight...I want to keep pushing through though and hopefully do the videos at least 3 times a week...I didn't go into work today so I was able to run and workout with the video...it was wonderful!!! I'm thinking I'll sleep well tonight!!

WOW That is an awesome workout!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Great job jellyfishjen!! Aw, thanks for your shout out! :flowerforyou: I am on Wednesday right now. :wink: Happy Thursday to you!

Kellie... That's an adorable story about your son!

Today I want to do more cardio in addition to the shred.
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    I just finished L1-D2. Ouch! It took all my strength to do this today. I'm determined to get this 30 days done! My muscles are screaming at me. I must be doing something right.
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    I actually bought that DVD a long time ago and never did it, I do workouts at work with an instructor every day at lunch time for 45 minutes but my diet coach keeps telling me to try to fit in cardio in the morning.. so I'm thinking of starting this 30 shred with you ladies :o) Spring is soon and I want to look good for Spring so lets do this... I'm in :O) I'll start it tomorrow morning.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    I did L2 D3 last night and I was dying. I'd taken about three days off and getting back on it was tough. But I felt so good afterward. I can't believe it's so hard to get going, but once you're done it's great. Shred it... you won't regret it! I love that saying!
  • Steph_135
    Finished D4 L1 today, L1 is getting easy again (I thought it was reasonably easy on D1, when I wasn't sore). I did all the moves that use weights with the weights today! :happy: And the push-ups were A LOT better. And I've improved on that final bicycle move so much! I almost did it for the full time that they did it (I was about 5 leg switches short of the whole thing. Cardio was a bit tougher today, but after the Shred I got an extra 20 mins of cardio in. :happy:

KEEP GOING EVERYONE!!
  • CricketKate
    Wow! Everyone is doing so good!

I did D2, L2 today. I did call Jillian a lot of names that I don't normally use (quietly of course, I had kids in the room:wink: ).

Have a great day, Everyone!
  • Finished L1 Day 3 today!!! I still have to stop it once to catch my breath and get a drink but I push through. I'm still going to try and do it straight through without a break!
  • CricketKate
    Finished L1 Day 3 today!!! I still have to stop it once to catch my breath and get a drink but I push through. I'm still going to try and do it straight through without a break!

You should definately go straight through. I stopped for a few days because I hurt my knee (with my daughter's help:wink: ), it was really hard to get back into it. Keep your momentum going!:happy:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Didn't want to do it but I did it. DAY 5 LEVEL 1. Pain - yes. Hard - yes. Would I do it again - yes.
  • Steph_135
    Finished L1 Day 3 today!!! I still have to stop it once to catch my breath and get a drink but I push through. I'm still going to try and do it straight through without a break!
    You can do it! I feel totally fine right now. I might start Level 2 on Day 6... Maybe I'm just forgetting how hard it really is when I do it...
    Pain - yes. Hard - yes. Would I do it again - yes.
    Great work jellyfishjen! I love that!
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    L1-D3 down! Yes it is a little easier to get through the exercises...but I'll tell ya...I always have to take a quick pause on the very last part with the bicycle sit ups. Those KILL me!
  • Steph_135
    Everyone's doing so great! I'm dreading the shredding today, but I know I have to do it!! :angry: Or else I won't be able to show my face here anymore. I usually fit it in at 10:30 or 11am, but I missed that, so now I'm dragging my feet. As soon as 3:30 hits, I'm gonna be shredding up a storm!! :glasses:
  • CricketKate
    Steph, that is exactly how I felt today. I just finished L2,D3. It is a lot more fun to look back on than it is to look forward to.:laugh:
  • Steph_135
    CricketKate... So much more fun to look back on it!! I just made myself do L1 D5!! :bigsmile: Added 35 mins of cardio, and there is NO WAY I am going to the gym tonight to do any more. (I was planning to go to a cardio class tonight, but changed my mind, since I did the Shred so late today...)

I did all the moves exactly as shown in the DVD, but I've used 5 lb weights on the second strength section with the lunges, instead of 3, since I wasn't feeling those on the biceps and triceps. And I'm so happy - I DID ALL THE BICYCLE THINGS!!

Question: Most of the moves have gotten really easy for me. I don't know if I should try L2 yet... For those at level 2... what was your indication that you should move on? (I'm looking at you Kate, Flacachica, and Kellie if you're still here. :wink: ) Maybe I'll just watch it, and see how it looks.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    CricketKate... So much more fun to look back on it!! I just made myself do L1 D5!! :bigsmile: Added 35 mins of cardio, and there is NO WAY I am going to the gym tonight to do any more. (I was planning to go to a cardio class tonight, but changed my mind, since I did the Shred so late today...)

I did all the moves exactly as shown in the DVD, but I've used 5 lb weights on the second strength section with the lunges, instead of 3, since I wasn't feeling those on the biceps and triceps. And I'm so happy - I DID ALL THE BICYCLE THINGS!!

Question: Most of the moves have gotten really easy for me. I don't know if I should try L2 yet... For those at level 2... what was your indication that you should move on? (I'm looking at you Kate, Flacachica, and Kellie if you're still here. :wink: ) Maybe I'll just watch it, and see how it looks.

Well done Steph. I have just done Day 6 of level 1. Broke my own record of 5 days.:smile: Good that you are using such weights. I am using 1/2kg weights (1lb). Level 1 is still hard enough for me. But I have been trying to add extra exercise to my day. Last night was aquarobics, tonight I am attempting a ballet class (for 2nd time), I have also used the exercise bike this week. I try to do Jillian in the morning and something in the evening. Also helps to keep my blood sugar level. I am diabetic. Have a wonderful day everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    I'm dying for my 3pack dvd's to get here. I ordered 30day shred, No more trouble zones, and the metabolism one. I would love to join the group. Do I have to do something specific to keep track of the thread?
  • CricketKate
    Steph, I moved up after 10 days on level 1. Everyone seems to think that the moves were getting easier. That wasn't the case for me. I wasn't having the same soreness that I did in the first few days, but every workout was a challenge. I was and am only using 3 lb weights. A lot of the moves, I felt like I could have used a heavier weight but the next weight up that I have is 8 lbs. Some of the moves (the anterior shoulder raises) I couldn't complete even with 3 lbs. I think that you should listen to your body, if Level 1 isn't challenging you, maybe you should try level 2. Just don't make it sound too easy, since I still spend half of my workout cursing that woman:wink:
  • Steph_135
    Well done Steph. I have just done Day 6 of level 1. Broke my own record of 5 days.:smile: Good that you are using such weights. I am using 1/2kg weights (1lb). Level 1 is still hard enough for me. But I have been trying to add extra exercise to my day. Last night was aquarobics, tonight I am attempting a ballet class (for 2nd time), I have also used the exercise bike this week. I try to do Jillian in the morning and something in the evening. Also helps to keep my blood sugar level. I am diabetic. Have a wonderful day everyone.:flowerforyou:
    Awesome job on D6, jellyfishjen!! (I love that name!) Tomorrow, after I do D6, I'll have beet my 5 day record as well (I completed 5 days of T-Tapp, and Theresa wanted 14 in a row!! SO I GOTTA PUSH TO 30!!!
    Steph, I moved up after 10 days on level 1. Everyone seems to think that the moves were getting easier. That wasn't the case for me. I wasn't having the same soreness that I did in the first few days, but every workout was a challenge. I was and am only using 3 lb weights. A lot of the moves, I felt like I could have used a heavier weight but the next weight up that I have is 8 lbs. Some of the moves (the anterior shoulder raises) I couldn't complete even with 3 lbs. I think that you should listen to your body, if Level 1 isn't challenging you, maybe you should try level 2. Just don't make it sound too easy, since I still spend half of my workout cursing that woman:wink:
    CricketKate... (I love that name too!) I spend most of my workout, especially in the second half, telling my self "YES!!!!" and "C'MON!!!!" :laugh: (Something I picked up from Tae Bo.) Thanks a LOT for your post. I appreciate it! I still get a challenge out of it. I might do one more day with it, since I was so not up to doing it today. Don't wanna make it even harder to do right now...
This discussion has been closed.