What does your screen name stand for?

Options
Okay, the answer is obvious for some folks who use their real name as their sign in name (or is it your real name?). But what about the not-so-obvious names? How did you come up with your name - what does it mean for you? I'm so curious I wonder what all these interesting screen names stand for...

Mine is pretty obvious. First name is Julie and one of my favorite books when I was in my pre-teens was "Julie of the Wolves" by Jean Craighead George. Since I am an adventurous outdoors person with a strong connection to the wild and animals it just fits me.

I can't wait to hear about yours! :wink:

Replies

• julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Okay, the answer is obvious for some folks who use their real name as their sign in name (or is it your real name?). But what about the not-so-obvious names? How did you come up with your name - what does it mean for you? I'm so curious I wonder what all these interesting screen names stand for...

Mine is pretty obvious. First name is Julie and one of my favorite books when I was in my pre-teens was "Julie of the Wolves" by Jean Craighead George. Since I am an adventurous outdoors person with a strong connection to the wild and animals it just fits me.

• icus1969
    icus1969 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Icus( pronounced ick-us) is a nickname that my husband calls me, its from some cartoon show he used to watch when he was younger and the 1969 is the year I was born.
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    :laugh: I'm assuming it was a nice cartoon!!!
  • mollymay
    Options
    I have a Boston Terrier that my son and I went and picked out when she was just days old. My son saved his money and helped pay for her. Her name is MollyMay, hence my screen name.

We dont actually call her mollymay... we call her molly. MollyMay is her registered name.

My middle daughter alway calls every body by their first name and then "May". That is how "may" got stuck on the end of "Molly"
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Mine is rather simple. Eve is my middle name. Not real original. In fact it fits me very little because I am ready for bed as soon as it is dark most nights. lol

Eve
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My name is just that - I've never been skinny. Over 9 pounds when I was born, butterball as a child, chubby teenager and an overweight adult. I've been battling this weight all my life. My mother and my siblings are on the skinny side, but I'm built just like dad, short and round. I've made more progress this last year than I ever have in my life, I'm almost there at my goal weight. I may have my first skinny (or healthy) day soon.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options

(Obvious if you've read the book. :smile: ) Finally, an interesting thread!

Mine is a variation on "Razbo" which was in turn an evolution from "Raistlin" back in the BBS days when there was no WWWeb to speak of. I'd just read the Dragonlance novels and had just then gotten a modem, so, being a n00b with no better ideas, I used that on the first BBS I ever connected to. I'm no longer certain exactly how it evolved to what it is and stuck to me. It's been a common screen name for me whenever it is not used for the last 15 years or so. Unfortunately, this site required a 6 character user name. :grumble:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :tongue: the first three letters are my initials and the the last part was just what I wanted to do. Not very imaginative though. I thought julie's was very noble sounding.
  • Nellie19
    Options
    WELL I'M CALLED NELLIE FOR SHORT BUT ITS MINELL...AND THE # 19 IS MY AGE :tongue:
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Wow - these are more diverse and interesting answers than I thought! :smile:

Razboo - I never did the DandD thing (although many of my friends did), but I did just do a quick search on wikipedia and Raistlin seems like an interesting character to take an affinity too! Crazy how things stick..
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mine is how a close friend from school used to call me. I liked it and just stuck with it.
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Jeez, I wonder if I am going to get a lawsuit on copywrite infringement:noway:. I never thought of that.....
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Whoopsie - I mean 'copyright'.

Nice new picture sugarplum!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Mine is from my old job. Everyone was afraid of the boss except me. I worked directly for him and knew his bark was worse than his bite. Everytime someone wanted something ( were we getting a holiday off, leave early ect. ) they would make me ask him because they were worried he would yell at them. It was always " please ask him, he won't yell at you -you have to protect us denmother!" It just stuck!!
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A = Adrianne, my 1st name

Hertel = is my last name

0214 = February 14th, my birthday and also Valentine's Day. :heart:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Red Alee, Red because I took one of the brilliant red punker colours that wash out (sort of, my hair still has red in it several washes later) and did my hair. My daughter did her hair at the same time a brilliant blue.
    Alee is a duo of my first and second name, and the one I use when I paint or make art tiles.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    <
    Isn't it obvious?:grumble:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I have another name that I usually use online. I joined here and I just used my name.
    My screen name most places is Dame. It is short for Dame LuLu. I got the Dame from my son and the LuLu from my uncle when I was born.
    My uncle was 14 when I was born. He looked and me and said she’s a LuLu. The name stuck. Everyone called me that for years. As I got older it was shortened to Lew. To this day the people that I have known the longest call me Lew sometimes I run into people who knew me when I was a child and they still call me LuLu.
    My son gave me the name Dame when I was trying to figure out an email address. My son said since he was Sir. William that I could be Dame LuLu.
    I just thought I would share that with you since this question has come up…..and while I am typing I can’t eat lol
    Loretta (aka) Dame :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Mine, though obvious, has a reason. Every time I log in (a couple of times a day to keep me honest on calorie counts), I have to repeat the mantra.
  • wilhelm96
    wilhelm96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wilhelm is my last name - 96 the year I graduated from seminary. These are some interesting stories...