I need reasons not to eat this cake.

Options

Replies

• Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Figure out how many calories it is. If you have the points at the end of the day have it. If not walk away. Good luck.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I agree with everyone else.

Better to WASTE then to WAIST!!! :) Toss it!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I agree with freezing it! Great idea!

Did anyone ever see that episode of Sex and the City where Miranda squirts dishwasher soap on the cake so she won't eat it? :D

LOL! I'll have to try this! :tongue:
  • vbowring
    Options
    Go to www.fatloser.com and get a free 21 day coaching program which will really tell you WHY YOU SHOULDN'T eat that cake....it's a great program from an international best selling author and coach. His name is Steve Siebold. Try it. It's cool.
  • transparentjelly
    Options
    DEFINITELY!! THROW IT OUT!!!! but after wards reward yourself with something healthy that you really like that is in your calorie budget!!!
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who thinks it is ok to eat some cake? In a situation such as yours...I plan to add in an extra workout to allow more calories to consume.....this way it kinda cancels it out.....
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I say take it over to a neighbor and share with them. You won't waste it and you won't add it to your waist..... Plus they'll think you are thoughtful to share with them.
    p.s. I made some carmel corn today, had a few bites, saved some for the family for the game tonight and took the rest to the neighbors, they have small kids to save me from myself.
    I really like this idea, and if you don't know your neighbours, it is a friendly ice breaker :D
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Nothing will taste as good as skinny will feel!!! Just remember that. I'd say take it to work or give to friends. Unless you feel like wasting money, don't throw it away. In the mean time just say NO. Walk away from it when you see it in the fridge. Keep your mind busy and you won't think about eating cake. Or every time you think you're craving the cake take a drink of water.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    throw it out,you will only feel guilty afterwards
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Cut it into portions, label them and tell your daughter that its hers and her best mates/dads/grandmas etc...Do you really want to take away something that you have given her?

I refuse to throw away food, its a waste, I grew up with the famines of Ethiopia constantly being shown on TV, those images still haunt me when I hear of food being chucked. Yes it was her birthday yesterday but most kids get to enjoy their cake for a few days after, why should this little one be any different?

Next year I'd suggest individual cupcakes, can get them done beautifully but it saves dilemmas like this and waste
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't throw it out since it was your daughter's cake -- but I would slice it into small portions, wrap them individually in wax paper, and portion the slices out between freezer bags labeled with your family's names. Then make sure you tell each family member how many pieces of cake they have in their bag. It's up to you whether or not you want to make a bag for yourself!

This is what I do every time someone sends us cookies or something for Christmas. My family never forgets how much they're supposed to have, so it never enters my mind to touch any of it!
  • catcrazy
    Options
    Am I the only person who thinks it is ok to eat some cake? In a situation such as yours...I plan to add in an extra workout to allow more calories to consume.....this way it kinda cancels it out.....

No you're not...If you want something and have spare calories then have it. If that means going without other stuff later then thats fine, life is all about choices. The wise choice here would be to not have the cake but the next best would be to earn the calories for it.
  • catcrazy
    Options
    I wouldn't throw it out since it was your daughter's cake -- but I would slice it into small portions, wrap them individually in wax paper, and portion the slices out between freezer bags labeled with your family's names. Then make sure you tell each family member how many pieces of cake they have in their bag. It's up to you whether or not you want to make a bag for yourself!

This is what I do every time someone sends us cookies or something for Christmas. My family never forgets how much they're supposed to have, so it never enters my mind to touch any of it!

excellent idea!
  • lyndy_loo
    lyndy_loo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All i can say is yesterday I was like that and i ate a tin full of oat biscuits i made for the kids. I knew i shouldn't and didnt really enjoy it as i knew i shouldn't do it, but I did, and whats done is don, but longer than i thought about eating them i've thought about why i ate them when i shouldn't have. The guilt will be too much.
    Do something else-put the wii on, make a call to a friend, have a drink, anything - but don have the cake. x
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Put it in the freezer. Maybe pre-slice it into portions and figure out the nutritional info first so you're ready when you decide to thaw a piece. Or send it home with super bowl guests. Or throw it away. For my birthday next week I am having one piece of Portillo's chocolate cake for this very reason. I get the buttercream frosting thing. I can't handle it either.
  • julie4760
    Options
    A minute on the lips and a lifetime on the hips, freeze it for the kids that way you won't have to live with the guilt.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the other post. As much as it will hurt now. THROW IT OUT! that is what I do when we have extra sweets. Can not bring yourself to throw it out, ask the hubby to do it or find someone else to give it to. Hope this helps. I just recently went through our cupboards and got rid of all of the junk. It wasn't fun but the temptation is gone.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Nope, it's not just you. . we had some butter cream frosting (and the cake lOL) at work last week. . .BC frosting is my downfall. . .I just went home and did an additional workout of 15 mins on a bike(been doing 30 mins in the morning).

Everything in moderation. . I'd cut into smaller servings and put it in the freezer. . .

ANd yeah, figuring out the calories on BC Frosting & cake is hard, I picked the higher calorie one that came up in MFP and had a small piece. . .i may've over calculated, but better than under. .If anyone can figure out a better calorie count for cake with BC frosting, PLEASE do!!
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a sweets junkie also :love: ....my vice is i give myself a "cheat day:devil: "....that way I can have my sweets around me and just count down the days til i can have some. that has worked for me. Try to curb ur sweet craving with fruits...like strawberries or raisins....good luck!!! :bigsmile:
  • shenschen
    Options
    SPRAY IT WITH WINDEX AND THROW IT AWAY! :D