hungry girl. im disappointed!

2»

Replies

• Gee. I was beginning to think I was the only one who found nothing appealing about HG recipes I have seen several posted here and each one is a chemical wasteland. I just couldn’t understand why there seemed to be endless excitement around here for recipes that create such nutritionally deficient "food."
  • Hungry girl is good if there is something specific in your diet that you can't let go of and need a lighter version. When I am dying for something fattening from a restaurant I always check her site for a swap. I don't use her recipes because they are processed, unbalanced and cannot feed a family. She also cheats on the portion sizes to get the calories down. I made her mud pie and the portion was 1/18th of a pie. It was barely an inch wide and stuck to the knife! I also recommend skinnytaste.com which uses real veggies and portions fit for my family of 5.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Hungry girl is good if there is something specific in your diet that you can't let go of and need a lighter version. When I am dying for something fattening from a restaurant I always check her site for a swap. I don't use her recipes because they are processed, unbalanced and cannot feed a family. She also cheats on the portion sizes to get the calories down. I made her mud pie and the portion was 1/18th of a pie. It was barely an inch wide and stuck to the knife! I also recommend skinnytaste.com which uses real veggies and portions fit for my family of 5.

Oooohhh I didnt even realize that about the portion sizes but doesnt surprise me!
This discussion has been closed.