What Gym does everyone use?

Options
Just curious to see the ratio....I have 2 memberships, one to a Lifestyles Family Fitness next to my office, and one to YouFit near my apartment complex, since I work 45 minutes to an hour away from home.

Replies

• rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm actually lucky enough that my workplace has a full gym in our lowel level. If it weren't for that, I'd use the one in my town's Community Center.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh and am a member of Fitness 247, formerly Complete Fitness. I love it!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness. Good thing it's right by my house or else I'd never go!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    One of my church members has a gym that he opened in his barn...great for our little community!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    YMCA
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    There's an LA Fitness across the street from my office, which also is only 5 minutes from my house -- and they gave us a massive discount so we only pay $40/month for 2 people (me and my hubby) with no contract and we can use any LA Fitness facility.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    One of my church members has a gym that he opened in his barn...great for our little community!

Whoa that's cool!!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am a member of American Bodyworks. I love it! It is small and doesn't have all the extra fluff that I never used yet paid for at the bigger gyms. I think they are only in GA and maybe FL.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I go to my YMCA
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OneLife Fitness Center!!!!!!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I live in Ontario and I go to the Athletic Club :) It's nice!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I work for a college so when I need the gym, I hit that.

But otherwise, I am anti-gym. I workout by hula hooping, going to fitness boot camp and busting out some mad moves on the Wii.

When it gets nicer outside, I'll be out walking and biking the nearby parkway trail and also hiking.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I don't need to go to a specific gym, my college has an on-campus workout room. :D They have lots of treadmills... on which I can run instead of outside :DDD ^^;

ShifuYaku <3
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness Center
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness here. There's gyms closer, but the price and hours are better at PF. Plus, less gym rats, more normal folks just trying to get healthier.
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    Sigh.. i have a Gold's Gym membership - but I don't go. Instead I've been taking a kickboxing class at the karate place down the street and plan to start zumba classes at the same place. what a waste of a gym membership. LOL Problem is that it's close... but also just far enough away that I know it will take an extra 30 minutes to and from when i could use that time working out at home.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have a FANTASTIC gym that I go to. Everyone is soo friendly and supportive. And no one laughs at you when you fall over doing a yoga pose. It's otherwise known as my living room! My dogs are the only ones around when I exercise and they could care less, but when I do fall they do come to my aid! :tongue:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My family room and LA Fitness.
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Wow huge spread, I thought there'd be less variety!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    i work at the hospital, they have a gym. I also go to bally's on the days that i dont work it's 5mins drive from my house & they gave me a good deal $8 mth