What Gym does everyone use?

Options

Replies

• hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have 2 memberships one at Y and one at Aspen Athletics. The Y was fine for cardio but the weight machines were older and didn't adjust down well enough for my size I'm 5'4 so not that small. It was also dingy feeling and not super friendly. The bonus is they have an indoor zero entry pool which my younger children love so we will still use it a few times a week just for that. Aspen Athletics I just started at today it's a month old has lots of new equipment is very clean and very friendly and has a kid club for my little ones that isn't overly crowded like the Y was.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    La Fitness!

Technically, I also have a Planet Fitness membership (I bought one of the year packages), but I never go. I love the classes offered at LA!
  • LMac423
    Options
    When I first started working out a few years ago I was at the YMCA, then I moved to Anytime Fitness and since doing Triathlons I had to go to LA Fitness since it has a pool =)
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My family room and LA Fitness.

Same with me! :)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I go to our local community athletic center because I need a pool for my triathlon training too. As it gets warmer, I'll use the gym pretty much only for the pool and stick to the roads for running and biking. My wife and I do some core exercises together at the house, along with pushups, crunches, dips, etc.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I go to a local club called the Rochester Athletic Club (RAC) and I can go to any of the 5 in my town or any of the 5 in Buffalo which conveniently is my hometown so when I go home to visit family I can still go. It's $29.95/month and I LOVE it. I would have never thought of myself as a gym regular but the guys who check you in/out all know my name and ask me where I've been if I slack. It helps keep me accountable big time!!
  • dakotasky
    Options
    I use the local rec center in my community because it is around the corner from where I live.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    anytime fitness for me but i lack childcare now and havent been since september.I just work out at home now but I really miss the gym
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My living room and New York Sports Club!
  • afc444
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness, and I love it... They have great group classes at convenient times included with the membership. Plus they have a pool and spa.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Our is just called the Health Club...small town with no big chain gyms.

My parents have an absolutely amazing gym called Mercy Fitness Center, run through the hospital there. I miss living there just because of the gym sometimes! Tons of classes at all hours plus every weight machine you can imagine plus a basketball court and indoor track. Not to mention the pool (3 different pools!) and even a room just for women to workout in with several additional weight machines that women commonly use. It has dozens and dozens of cardio machines too! Ahhh this makes me miss it!
  • judy02
    judy02 Posts: 19
    Options
    Bally Total Fitness in Fresno, CA Love it, I used to have a personal trainer until she moved to a different gym now my Hubby is my personal trainer, it great so far!!
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    I have a FANTASTIC gym that I go to. Everyone is soo friendly and supportive. And no one laughs at you when you fall over doing a yoga pose. It's otherwise known as my living room! My dogs are the only ones around when I exercise and they could care less, but when I do fall they do come to my aid! :tongue:

love it! sounds like my house
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Balley total fitness! :smile:
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have a membership at Planet Fitness.

I've been working out a lot at home b/c it's more convenient but will start going to PF more because they have elliptical machines.
  • lmarquez113
    Options
    The HS in the town I live in has a great gym and you can use it for free living in the town!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Brand spankin' new LA Fitness in my neighborhood - very nice!
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    I am in the process of trying to sell my house. A new gym called Snap Fitness just opened in the town I am trying to buy in. No annual contracts. It is a nationwide chain. I haven't gone but someone told me it is great because it is 24/7 although it doesn't have showers. Has anyone used it?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Brand spankin' new LA Fitness in my neighborhood - very nice!

your profile says Virginia...but you must live around here, just curious where they opened a new one?
  • MrsRaia
    MrsRaia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness, price you def can't beat. I got in on a special - $99 for the year.