MPV Saved My Life

Options
iTim__
iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
Weight loss and diet changes have paid off!!! Doctor just reduced one BP med and eliminated the other. Thank you MyFitnessPal.com and the American Heart Association's DASH diet nutrition recommendations.

This is huge. I went from so obese and dangerously high blood pressure to normal BP and reducing my meds. Once you've made this sort of accomplishment, you feel empowered to make a difference in your life -- anything is possible.

Replies

• finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Congratulations! These are the stories that are so great to hear- to me so much better than scale victories. Again great job!!!!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • RickCarter74
    Options
    Holy **** dude, that's AMAZING!!! Pardon my French, but I'm just very excited for you! Keep it up man!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    What's MPV?
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! That is the best news, congrats on your efforts!
  • ReadyMom
    Options
    Congrats!! You must feel like a million bucks!
  • iTim__
    Options
    What's MPV?

That's just me having a typo. It should've been MFP = MyFitnessPal.com. :)
  • iTim__
    Options
    Congratulations! These are the stories that are so great to hear- to me so much better than scale victories. Again great job!!!!

I'm happy that this inspires you. It did me too. In fact, I also have a thyroid problem and my Dr. said the chances of ever getting off that medication are minimal, but she was so impressed with my effort that we discussed how to try to get off that too. Why should I live my life on chemicals when I have the power to change my body? It was this site that inspired me to take control.
  • iTim__
    Options
    Good for you!

It is good for you too. :)
  • iTim__
    Options
    Holy **** dude, that's AMAZING!!! Pardon my French, but I'm just very excited for you! Keep it up man!

I believe that may be French Canadian. LOL Thanks for the encouragement.
  • iTim__
    Options
    You are amazing! That is the best news, congrats on your efforts!

You are amazing too. God's creation is amazing and this goes to show what we can do if we care for it.
  • iTim__
    Options
    Congrats!! You must feel like a million bucks!

I do. And... my wife has been so incredibly attracted to me now that I'm more healthy :) In fact, we now have a new baby on the way!!!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That is a true success story. I keep trying to tell my mom that exercise, eating right and weight loss would help out her health problems. I do not want these problems so I am taking action now!!
  • iTim__
    Options
    That is a true success story. I keep trying to tell my mom that exercise, eating right and weight loss would help out her health problems. I do not want these problems so I am taking action now!!

When I told my doctor what I was doing, she looked at my family history and kind of shook her head. She said, you can do it, but you're going to have to fight your genes. That's fine, since I was tired of fighting my jeans. :)
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    great story buddy. i love hearing about people empowering themselves. We can feel your pride and joy through your post and profile pic.

mad respect!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Way to go. keep up the good work.
  • DawnBelle
    DawnBelle Posts: 56
    Options
    That is great!! Congrats to you. :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Its my goal to get off my meds. I have pretty borderline BP though with occasional spikes. I just got increased on mine last year to where it was FINALLY actually lowering my BP. I'd like to be completely off it by Christmas with any luck I can drop the dose back down by end of summer and get off the water pill portion I hate that part. I know with a little work when I drop down about 50 lbs it will revert to normal. It has in the past anyhow.

Anyway well done. Keep up the great work.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    Now that is a success story. Congrats. Keep up the good work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!