MPV Saved My Life

Options
2»

Replies

• Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    So inspiring. Thanks very much for sharing. It was actually talking to my doctor about my rising BP that got me started on the weight loss journey. I don't want to end up where my mom is only 20 years sooner. :p

Keep up the great work!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort. Congrats
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This one hits close to home. This time last year I weighed 230 lbs and felt physically bad even though I went to the gym 4 or 5 times a week. I ended up going to the doctor and I too was diagnosed with high BP. He told me to change my diet and lose weight and he would see me in a few months. A few months passed and I went back and didn't have much success losing weight or changing my diet.(No sense of urgency on my part I guess). Once he told me I had to go on meds I felt like I was hit by a bus.. I felt I was too young to be on medication. I have 4 young children at home so crazy thoughts like not seeing them grow up quickly race through ones mind. My wife introduced me to this site a few days later and it has truly changed my life. I have lost over 30 pounds and have dropped my BP into the normal range without meds although it seems as it will continue to be an issue since my BP is slightly elevated at times. This just motivates me more to keep losing weight and beat this once and for all. I applaud you on your achievements and wish you continued success on your journey to better health.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! good job!
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! On BOTH accomplishments!! You'll find with a new baby that the extra energy and less weight is an amazing parental attribute!! Proud of you!!
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    Wow!!! That is truly amazing. It just goes to prove that we have the power to save our lives in our hands. You are an inspiration to others who may be in the same situation. Maybe you should appear on Oprah or Dr. Oz.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! On BOTH accomplishments!! You'll find with a new baby that the extra energy and less weight is an amazing parental attribute!! Proud of you!!

Thanks! And getting congrats from beautiful women is an ego booster too. :)
  • jenellechan26
    Options
    That's GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    So glad you're healthy! I'm a believer too!!!! ☆
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is truly amazing. It just goes to prove that we have the power to save our lives in our hands. You are an inspiration to others who may be in the same situation. Maybe you should appear on Oprah or Dr. Oz.

*blush* Thank you so much for the kind words. Dr. Oz has definitely been an inspiration to me. As have all the people on MFP cheering me along -- like you.
  • RunOnSentence
    Options
    Excellent job! I love hearing success stories! :flowerforyou:
    And of course, congrats on the wee one on the way! :smile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!