Non Scale Victories (NSV)

Options
So Im just kinda curios what are some NSV that you have accomplished recently??? Mine would be that I have worked out very consistently... since I have started and only went over my calories like 3 times, and today marks day 13 or 14 of joining MFP

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mine was turning down a dessert I absolutely wanted once I found out it was 840 calories and replaced it with a dessert that was 380 calories instead.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    1) i no longer drink or crave pop.
    2) ive learned how to say NO to the nasty junk food- and its easy!
    3) im buying healthier foods, checking labels, and it seems to have come like 2nd nature! i dont even want or think about the other crappy foods that i used to buy!
    4) im drinking WATER (someone i used to never drink) and LOTS of it!
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    NSVs - what a great idea! Mine would also be consistent activity. I had an out of town medical appointment today but still managed a walk before dark with my wife after getting back home. Another would be starting over again the next morning when I've "fallen off the diet wagon". I never thought of those as victories. Thanks for the new outlook.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Your welcome, I saw others doing it so I was thinking just like you are!!! Lets take these everyday accomplishments and make them work for us!!
  • magicsonata
    magicsonata Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a new outlook on life, I have found that I LOVE how I feel when I work out. I didn't know how wonderful it could be. I never want to give up the extra energy, or the worked feeling. I have to say that is a huge victory for me!

The scale hasn't budged for a couple of weeks but I got to go buy some new smaller clothes over the weekend so I know that I am just exchanging smaller muscle for the bulky fat. I will see that scale drop later. The new clothes are so exciting!

I think focusing on the other things can be just as important or even more important than what the scale says! thank you!
  • knowmydestiny
    knowmydestiny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have spent much more time planning and preparing for meals in order to ensure that the right food would be able for me and my family.
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No fast food! I eat healthy when we go out...I've also been working out everyday! Keep up the good work!
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love this, as I have been really down on myself for the last two with the scale not moving. I can now look back and see where I've had some victories

1) Beginning to plan out meals for myself. I put them in my food tracker, so how the add up for the day and adjust from there. So I guess you could say I'm be more conscious of what I am eating
    2) I didn't drink at the SuperBowl party
    3) My exercise is becoming more consistent and I'm getting where I enjoy it
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Personal acheivement of 85 minutes and over 1000 calories burned on the elliptical. When I started could only do 2 minutes at a time.

I don't have to push the car seat all the way back and recline it a little in order to fit behind the wheel.

From size 40 pants to size 10.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink alcohol/soft drink/orange juice (you name it) starting in january, had one on sunday at a festival and thought - why have i been missing this! no more drinking for me (:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    26 days of logging in/keeping track of what I'm eating. That's darned good if you know me LOL!
    I've cut out soda and now only drink decaf soda on the weekends. I'm drinking water like it's going out of fashion!
    My cooking has gotten really creative and flavorful!
    I'm getting awesome at picking out the healthy/low cal/high taste stuff if/when we go out.
    And my big one? I'm not drinking beer like water anymore. That's an awesome success right there.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Back above 10000 meters on my rower. love to row and have not been able in the past. Used to do 20,000Meters 3xWeek. It's coming back. hit 13000 meters tonight and could have kept on going by just dropping pace 10%. Aerobically winning the war. BP down. Diabetes meds cut in half and looks like I may need yet another reduction. Post breakfast Glucose only hitting 90ish too low means body doing good and meds are too strong....I could go on but you get the picture and thats with only about 35 pounds of the 100 i am going to lose gone.
  • reasonablyvain
    Options
    um um um
    working out at least 6 days a week
    no fruit, no bread, no starchiness, no refined sugar, no grains at all really, 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking - just following my diet really
    I can see muscles (wimpy girl muscles, but muscles nonetheless)
    yeah, think that's it. hoping to see some scale victories soon!!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    Wow, you are amazing!!! Keep up the awesome work!!! Hopefully soon I can start droppin in pant size.... :)
  • Dianielle
    Options
    Mine would be stop eating fast food, which caused me to learn how to cook for my husband and son. Also consistenly going to the gym 5 days a week. Congrats!!
  • ChristianeT
    Options
    After one week of getting serious about eating healthy and exercising, my biggest NSV is that my back doesn't hurt when I get out of bed in the morning. Other muscles do, but in a good I've been working out kind of way! :) After months of back pain it is more then a pleasant surprise that one week has made such a huge difference!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    -Working out 5 days a week sometimes twice a day and enjoying it
    -My saggy butt pants :bigsmile: (AKA the seat of my pants are to baggy to wear anymore)
    -Drinking plain water and not wanting flavored or carbonated types
    -Saying no to a free cupcake that looked ooh so good even after someone offered to slip one with me
    -Limiting the amount of processed/junk food

The list could go on but you get the picture.
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    I had to buy new jeans, size 6, and I am going to need a belt for them soon. I have calf muscles now. I can wear all of my goal clothes. I like to eat healthy and I read labels in the store without worrying what other people will think about me. I feel more energetic and more confident!!
  • coachgaines
    Options
    I am going to start measuring my arms, legs, and waist once every week or 2 because I've been at this, working out, and under my calorie goals for 2 weeks now with no weight loss. I'm thinking that I don't have much body fat to lose so I'm not going to see my success on the scale, but I will see it in my waistband. Does that make sense to anyone else?
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am no longer drinking alcohol on the weeknights. I used to have a "few" drinks every single night. Now I have Friday/Saturday and sometimes a beer or 2 on Sunday - but even on the weekends now I plan for it and stay within my calorie goal.

I have a belt that I have always worn on the 1st (last?) notch, now I am no the 2nd - even though the scale hasn't moved much.

Making better decisions when it comes to snacks and also to going out to eat. We don't eat out much - but when we have to (travel for work) I am able to look for the low calorie, high filling entrees - and feel very good about my decisions!

Working out at least 6 days a week - 3 days doing kettleworX and 3 days running.....I feel lighter, getting toned - and have been HAPPY! My pms drastically went down this month! (that is more of a nsv for my poor husband, lol)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!