Non Scale Victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Lovely thread!

- Cutting out fast food, was a major KFC addict and haven't had it now for almost a year!
    - Not being tempted by treats in the house (or within view!) My lovely sister likes to hold full cakes in front of me and ask me if i'm really sure I wouldn't like some, and then doesn't believe me when I say that I really don't want/need/crave it!
    - Ditching the scales! (I used to weigh every time i went in to the bathroom, now it's occasionally... once or twice a month)
    - I bought my first knee high boots at christmas! I could never get the boots past my calves and now I can wear them with a little room to spare!
    - I crave fresh, juicy, raw, amazing fruit and vegetables!
    - Cutting down salt, used to eat tonnes of the stuff, I now use herbs and spices!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! You've done amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. I'm so happy for you! Proud too. :flowerforyou:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a morning soda. I've had 1 can of Mt Dew in the last week and a half. I drank one Sunday morning so I wouldn't try to nap and screw up my sleep pattern too much.

I passed up McDonalds(my brother was going and offered to get me something) last weekend and my mom brought crumb doughnuts to my house last week one morning and I didn't eat one single one. I was exercising when she showed up. I also went back and got back to work after she left and then did an extra bit to try to make up for the intercession in my workout.

I've lost more inches since my official measuring I did on Jan 28th. In one week I had lost another inch off hips and an inch of thighs and almost half more off my waist. Lots of victories. I did have a 1.6 lb loss last week but these inches adjustments are keeping me encouraged big time. My pants fit a lot better. I have some slightly smaller pants in my closet I can't wait to wear again.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I would say it's the exercise. I keep doing more and more of it. My body craves it. I can see the difference in my figure after just a few weeks of weight training.
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    WATER ONLY....NO SODA OR FRUIT JUICES FOR ME
  • janack
    janack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 3 miles in under 30 minutes (29 actually). That was a running goal for me since I started back at it at the beginning of the year. I was very proud of myself. :)
  • ChristianeT
    Options
    I no longer have a morning soda. I've had 1 can of Mt Dew in the last week and a half. I drank one Sunday morning so I wouldn't try to nap and screw up my sleep pattern too much.

I passed up McDonalds(my brother was going and offered to get me something) last weekend and my mom brought crumb doughnuts to my house last week one morning and I didn't eat one single one. I was exercising when she showed up. I also went back and got back to work after she left and then did an extra bit to try to make up for the intercession in my workout.

I've lost more inches since my official measuring I did on Jan 28th. In one week I had lost another inch off hips and an inch of thighs and almost half more off my waist. Lots of victories. I did have a 1.6 lb loss last week but these inches adjustments are keeping me encouraged big time. My pants fit a lot better. I have some slightly smaller pants in my closet I can't wait to wear again.

Melissa these are great NSVs! But I really just wanted to say I love the scripture you have at the bottom of your post. It is really inspiring, thanks for sharing! :)
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I got a new wedding band because my finger had gotten too big for my original. last night I put my original ring back on and it FIT!
  • ErinELP
    ErinELP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Running 2 miles straight on the treadmill without stopping! I just love myfitnesspal!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bumping into someone I haven't seen in a year and having them say, "Gosh you look so different; have you lost weight?"
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 2011.
    I wore a skirt to work yesterday that I haven't been able to get into since this time last year.
    I have utter faith in my ability to get to a healthy weight with MFP. I really believe I can and I will do it.....
    My husband said my bum feels smaller!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I placed a basket of clementine oranges and a bowl of grapes on my desk at work on Monday. Is it only Tuesday, and they are all gone....I did have help. People light up and say "Can I have some". Sure come on over and eat healthy with me. My office is full of candy dishes....and I mean full. m&ms, the little hershey bars, peppermint patties and all the free soda you could want. So no soda -not even diet. No candy. Me and my water and fruit. My NSV.
  • Erica9903
    Options
    Awesome Topic!!

1) going from size 22 pants to 18
    2) no more soda
    3) getting through the entire 20 minutes (level 1) of 30 day shred!
  • jhaugdc
    jhaugdc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Being able to run non stop for 20 minutes
    Being able to run a 5k in 32 minutes

Having the first person notice I lost weight!

Buckling my belt tighter!!
  • kamae
    kamae Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I got home from work today my fiance was staring at me and and when I asked why he said " your face is skinny" :)
  • k8smama
    Options
    Love this, it's just what I needed today.

1. Finding out that I am an "exercise person", that I don't mind sweating, and that I'm actually looking forward to exercise.
    2. Moving up from level one to level two on my stationary bike in only three weeks!!
    3. I've only had half a regular soda and half a diet soda in the last month. I used to drink several a day.
    4. Having a girl that I work with who is pretty thin ask me for advice on how to lose weight because she thought that I "looked great"!!!:bigsmile:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    1. I am trying to drink more water !
    2. Tried on a shirt today that i have never been able to wear before only to have it fit now ! One of
    those shirts that hang up in the back of the closet ! I was so happy !
  • crickets11
    Options
    I started on my journey the Monday after Thanksgiving and perservered through the seasonal goodies at the office (which wasn't easy because I work with some of The Best Bakers ever!). Having just committed myself to losing my extra weight, I didn't trust myself to have the will power to have just a little taste of this or that so I told everyone no thanks to the delectable delights they brought in. I sat, I watch, I smelled and called it aroma therapy. For some crazy reason it worked. I find that structure and predefined routines for exercise and meals are what I need to stay on track. Structure doesn't always feel good but I try to remember that saplings need structure but that it's only for a period of time and in like fashion, I won't always need the structure to stay where I'm supposed to be.

I have cut sodas down to almost nothing--from 2+ liters/day to 1-2 cans per month. The craving for them is gone except when I feel very stressed. I'm happy with myself that I've been strong and made the deliberate choice to not feed the addiction. I am drinking more water and actually am liking it, which surprised me. (It's nice having the extra money in the budget, too!)

When I started, the most exercise I could do was a few minutes on a stationary bike with Zero Resistance. I started with the bike because the stress on my knees was less when pedalling the bike than when supporting my full weight walking. After eight weeks on the bike and slowly stepping up the resistance and time (gaining strength in my knees and having lost 20#), I switched to walking. I can almost keep up with Leslie Sansone (with just the most basic of moves) for one mile. Next goal is to drop the almost from 'almost keep up with' and add a little more of the intensity that 'accelerates the heart rate'.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I had a small one today... there was cake at work today and I walked right past! Normally, I'd have a big piece! I am so happy I had the discipline!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!