World's Fastest Workout?

Options
The other day I was browsing this girl's weight-loss blog and I stumbled upon this youtube video called, "World's Fastest Workout". So, I peaked in and saw that it was only 4 minutes. I watched the video through once before I even tried it and thought, "Psht, this will be a piece of cake. I'm young and have lots of energy. I can soo do this !" I ate my words. I didn't even make it through the second round. It was really intense, but so worth it. I tried it again today and I made it through fully. (keep in mind, this was about 5 hours ago). It's said to raise your heart rate for 12-36 hours and speed up your metabolism. My heart rate is a lot faster.

This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimPOSXe7n4

What does everyone think of this ?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Tabata is supposed to be the real deal. It's supposed to also be incredibly difficult to do.
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    I will check it out
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Haven't tried this, but assuming that the interest in a fast workout might extend to an EFFICIENT workout...
    http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/Most-Efficient-Workout/printer.php
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looks good to do on quick breaks at work! I bookmarked it; thanks!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    That looks awesome! I'm going to do this ever morning when I first jump out of bed. Thanks! =)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Looks good to do on quick breaks at work! I bookmarked it; thanks!

It may be short, but it's definitely not a quick in between work type workout. It's one of the hardest there is and is a challenge for even the most in shape athletes. Unless you want to be wiped out the rest of work, I wouldn't recommend doing it then.
  • paleonyx
    paleonyx Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Looks like excerpts from the P90x "Core synergistics" workout. That one is a butt kicker!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I suppose with a BodyBugg or BodyMedia, someone can test whether it really does keep the metabolism boosted for the next 12-36 or however many hours.
  • Endershadow
    Endershadow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Looks like excerpts from the P90x "Core synergistics" workout. That one is a butt kicker!

agreed
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    also resembles the cardio section of CorePowerYoga's Sculpt classes...try that+another 45 min of cardio/yoga/lifting. whew
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    I can't do pushups XD *fail* but I want to try this! Haha
    Maybe I'll change the first workout to burpees until I can do a pushup :embarassed:
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'll have to try it out.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I suppose with a BodyBugg or BodyMedia, someone can test whether it really does keep the metabolism boosted for the next 12-36 or however many hours.

This is what I was wondering, too!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

If I ever get one, I will do whatever experiments I can and post about it.
  • kelika71
    Options

If I ever get one, I will do whatever experiments I can and post about it.

Oh, brave one, thank you! lol
    I know I'd die doing that. Squats and mountain climbers...UGH!!!
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Once I get to where I can actually do push-ups, I might try this... lol.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Once I get to where I can actually do push-ups, I might try this... lol.

LOL Good point! I'm still doing the "girlie" push-ups.
  • frubjious
    Options
    bump
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    bump