World's Fastest Workout?

Options

Replies

• Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Once I get to where I can actually do push-ups, I might try this... lol.

LOL Good point! I'm still doing the "girlie" push-ups.

I can't even do the knee-on-ground pushups!! Haha burpees are the way to go! :smile:
  • rinaposzata
    Options
    I can't do pushups XD *fail* but I want to try this! Haha
    Maybe I'll change the first workout to burpees until I can do a pushup :embarassed:

Haha, I can't do push ups either, but if you want, you can skip the push-up part and stay in the plank position. :]
  • caburk02
    caburk02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How do you classify this under "exercise" on mfp?
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    bump
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    I think Im going to do this every night before bed for the next 3 weeks and see what happens.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I will try it in a bit and let you know what the body media fit does for the next 24 hours.
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    Okay, several people have mentioned subbing "burpees" for the pushups... what exactly is a "burpee"? Someone clue the new girl in... lol.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    Taso I just did it and did burn 9 calories a minute on my Body Media which is in the vigorous activity level. I will post tomorrow whether my metabolism stayed up. It drops to 0.9 calories a minute while I sleep and 1.1-1.2 while I am sitting on a couch, so I will definitely be able to tell if it stays elevated at all.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Taso I just did it and did burn 9 calories a minute on my Body Media which is in the vigorous activity level. I will post tomorrow whether my metabolism stayed up. It drops to 0.9 calories a minute while I sleep and 1.1-1.2 while I am sitting on a couch, so I will definitely be able to tell if it stays elevated at all.
    Thumbs up. Keep us posted!
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looks good to do on quick breaks at work! I bookmarked it; thanks!

It may be short, but it's definitely not a quick in between work type workout. It's one of the hardest there is and is a challenge for even the most in shape athletes. Unless you want to be wiped out the rest of work, I wouldn't recommend doing it then.
    I'll make my hubby test it out for me ;) If I see him break a sweat then I'll worry.
  • louramaille
    Options
    bump!! Totally going to try this. looks really easy other then the push ups but i am sure i will eat my words.
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cool, I might have to try that.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Tabata workouts are great. You don't have to use those particular exercises to get the benefits, so if you can't do burpees or push ups, sub air squats, or jump rope or anything really. The point is to work hard for the whole 20 seconds and rest for ten. 8 rounds of this will give you a great workout as long as you're pushing it.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Here's a great online tabata clock you can use during this type of workout.

http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/
  • melissajean2000
    Options
    Bump
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Looking forward to the results!