Ok we all want to get healthy but how many really want to...

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
Rock the bikini this summer??? I need to loose 20 more lbs. and get fit again, so my goals are clear and I will reach them, but I have a vain motivation becide being healthy, I wanna look SMOKING in my bikini. I bought a new one, and may be weird but I have it clipped to my fridge as a reminder of where I want to be. If I had an ex, I would want to make him jealous. LOL!
Seriously I can't be the only one girl or boy, although, I would not want to see anyone try to rock a speedo, keep those at home boys, but guys want to look fit an trim too in their swim trunks, shorts, whatever. just nooo speedos. :wink:

Replies

• Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pffft, slap a "VAIN" sticker on me because I can't wait to buy myself a new bikini come summertime!
  • susioryan
    Options
    I would love to wear a bikini again but I am too old and have to many battle scars to really rock one- I would settle for a bathing suit that doesn't look like a dress or have a skirt LOL!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I'd love to too!!! With my stretchmarks from giant babies though I'll don't think I will EVER put on a bikini.......... :( Saddens me.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I've never worn a bikini. Ever. I just don't feel comfortable in them and I never will. Call me a prude..but I wear mini skirts and high heels..idk.
    I think bikinis can be great, it just isn't my cup of tea. :).
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Rock the bikini this summer??? I need to loose 20 more lbs. and get fit again, so my goals are clear and I will reach them, but I have a vain motivation becide being healthy, I wanna look SMOKING in my bikini. I bought a new one, and may be weird but I have it clipped to my fridge as a reminder of where I want to be. If I had an ex, I would want to make him jealous. LOL!
    Seriously I can't be the only one girl or boy, although, I would not want to see anyone try to rock a speedo, keep those at home boys, but guys want to look fit an trim too in their swim trunks, shorts, whatever. just nooo speedos. :wink:

How about a European man thong :smile:
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    i think everyone would LOVE to look smoken in a bikini (or spido, gross) but i think at this point it is unrealistic for me to think I can even fit into one! i started loosing weight at size 20 so i'll be happy to get into a 12. i don't think i'll ever be a size 6 again but thats ok with me.
  • I have never not once in my entire life worn a bikini bc I was always to fat for one and so I'm thinking this summer may be the summer for me

-Summer :)
  • Charrisse
    Options
    Hel-lo!
    Goin to Mexico in June IS my motivation. My husband decided he loves it down there so much he wants to go twice a year - so I have to stay thin now lol.
    I hated being there in Dec at 163 lbs. I wore a bikini, but felt gross. I layed flat alot LOL I want to wear a bikini and get up and play beach volley ball! Get it girl! woot woot!
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to look hotter than my friend at her wedding this October. Is that awful?? lol
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have problem finding bikinis that lift and separate...and that don't ride up my butt.
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the stretch marks, battle scars and imperfections only matter to us, not to anyone else seeing us.

After I put all the work in and eat right and exercise and lose the 40 - odd pounds I need to, damn skippy I'll be wearing a bikini!!

2 C-sections and some wicked stretch marks won't diminish my joy at looking fit in a two-piece. If anyone on the beach cares to judge that I'm a mom and have got some mileage on this body, they're welcome to! It won't take away from my pride!

C'mon ladies - let's be PROUD of what we accomplish! Don't knock yourself!

:heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: :happy:
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Color me vain! I wanna rock a bikini this summer too! Although with stretch marks and hanging skin/celulite from so much weight lost I doubt I would even truly "rock" one. I love my bikini but have to wear it with board shorts to look half-way decent, my goal is to wear it without the shorts and look good enough to do it.
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Same here, mammoth stretch marks put a no on a bikini but I have a lovely slinky dress I'd love to be able to wear without my belly sticking out in front of me.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im going to florida in april for 2 weeks that i cannot wait for and i reeeeally want to buy a nice tankini/bikini or something so thats definitely one of my goals - hoping to drop another 10-14lbs by then so i can really look good :)

believe me whilst getting healthy is my top priority, being able to buy what i want and from smaller shops is definitely one of the smaller/bigger goals that is driving me :D
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im going to florida in april for 2 weeks that i cannot wait for and i reeeeally want to buy a nice tankini/bikini or something so thats definitely one of my goals - hoping to drop another 10-14lbs by then so i can really look good :)

believe me whilst getting healthy is my top priority, being able to buy what i want and from smaller shops is definitely one of the smaller/bigger goals that is driving me :D
  • pink_kitty
    Options
    I think everyone needs a visual motivation as well as the just getting healthy bit! You can't really see your insides getting healthier (that would be pretty gross) so we look 2 other visual motivators and i think its fine to do that :o) Mine is my college prom dress- i havent worn it since i was 17 and i want to wear it for my boyfriends graduation- one of his ex's will be there so i want to look amazing thats my visual motivator :o) I don't really want to lose weight just tone up i want abs! I've never had abs due to being a student and drinking and eating rubbish!

x x x
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I don't thik a bikini is in teh cards for me this summer but I hope teh either be pregnant or buying a smaller swin suit. I have a long way to go before I reach bikini size. But more power to ya! Jaut about any motovation is a good one!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't want to wear a bikini, only because I feel like I would get negative attention -- it's a long, complicated story about my neuroses. :laugh:

BUT, I do want to rock a one-piece bathing suit at the public pool this summer. I haven't had the guts to go swimming in a long time, and I always had the excuse that the kids were too little. But this year they'll be 3 and 5, and I know they're not going to let me keep them home when they just learned we have a pool in town. :laugh: So I'm going to take them, and not be ashamed of my body in my bathing suit!
  • TobeHot
    TobeHot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to wear a bikini again but I have to be realistic that at 43 years old, a desk job and after having a baby I am never going to look like a 20 something again unless I have a complete body makeover. What I do have to keep in mind is that I can tone what I have and look like a real smoking hot 43 year old. Let's face it Jennifer Anniston and these other beauties look the way they do because that is their job and they have a professional staff to help them. So let's stay focused on "our" reality and not theirs. Honestly, my husband loves seeing me in a bikini now rolls and all! It is when I start comparing myself to these young hotties that I get FREAKED out! And that is just not a fair comparison.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I want to look hotter than my friend at her wedding this October. Is that awful?? lol

Sorta..kinda?
    At least you own up to it. So I'll fess up, I've been dealing with weight issues for around ten years now. I lost a lot of weight four years ago and I looked quite comely. My bff however has been thin the entire time..(my pregnancies were the reasons why I gained so much). I am definitely motivated by being more fit and muscular than her. HAHA..I say whatever it takes (motivation wise). I am not content to be 'fat' skinny- I want muscles and lower body fat percentage. I look forward to trumping her lol.