WHATS YOUR OCCUPATION

Options
pkd1
pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
I sit here reading everyones post on their kids names, on-line crushes, etc... and Im curious what all MFPs occupations are, or If you stay home with the kids and help run the household, If your in school/college , retired etc...

Ill start off Im a Hair Stylist, and have been doing it for 21 yrs, wow that sseems like a long time haha.

Just alittle topic to get to know MFPs alittle better :laugh:

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have 2 jobs. By day I'm a Marketing Operations Coordinator for a software company and by night I work at a jewelry store.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm an asset broker/ fleet manager for the fed
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mommy, aspiring bakery owner and suicide prevention hot line volunteer.
  • reikichris
    Options
    I work from home as a freelance graphic designer. This allows me to stay home with my three kids (20 months, 20 months and 9 years).
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm the IT Manager at a private Catholic high school, though I'm not Catholic myself. (Somehow, they forgive me.)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I work from home for a company called West at Home. They contract with several companies for customer service projects. It's a 'meh' phone job, but I get to create my own schedule so that's very, very nice.

I was a public school teacher when I was fresh out of college and hated it! Needless to say, I left the profession and bounced around in a few industries since then, most of my time spent between an investment firm and a couple different insurance agencies.

My future plans are to become a licensed stenographer, which will take between 1-2 yrs to complete. I'm trying to decide if I'd like to be an independent contractor or work for the state. There are pros and cons on both sides.

Now you know my entire career story. I hope you've enjoyed it, lol.
  • clevethin
    Options
    Full time mom & homeschool parent to 3, plus I'm a full time student myself. I also do quite a bit of volunteer work to keep myself out of trouble in my spare time ;-)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I work for a Consumer Affairs office for a major upscale hotel brand. Been with the company for five years and love it!!
  • mmannequinn
    mmannequinn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    receptionist at an ob/gyn
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm a part-time Ninja and full-time badass!

Sometimes, when I need bills paid, I'm a Global Marketing Coordinator!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Railroad electrician
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am a Financial Advisor....I am not as boring as it sounds though:flowerforyou:
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse :)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm a web developer for the state of michigan department of education office of special ed., and on the side my hubby and I do freelance web work. Hoping eventually the freelance type stuff becomes out full-time stuff
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Executive Director for a Family Health Team.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Graphic designer for an online appliance company. I also take care of customers who only speak espanol.
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    Security supervisor for the space coast regional area. Currently working in a wildlife management area. Basically sit in the woods all day and watch movies. :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Fulltime job-being a mom to a 14 year old daughter.
    Home health aide/caregiver-looking for work,various part time jobs.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Admissions Support for a college. Run the front desk, calls, enrollments, student files, reporting, liaison between other campuses, etc.
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    WHAT A GREAT POST! I have an engineering degree but work full-time as a flight attendant. I have 3 kids and spend a lot of time driving my 12 year old to his 9 basketball practices a week,hip hop and gymnastics for little ones and tournaments on weekends;) (that is my chauffeur job I guess;)
    I would have loved to be a makeup artist!!!
    or maybe a NINJA like the girl above!!!woooohooooo!!!!!!! where can I apply?!!