Does anyone eat the laughing cow cheese wedges?

Options

Replies

• hotmooglelove
    Options
    I also use is as a mayo substitute, especially on burgers (prevents the bun from getting soggy as it repels the grease)
  • lradloff
    lradloff Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love them with crackers or with carrots and celery!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I like them on bagel thins, or crackers, or sometimes just by itself...yum! Oh, I have put them in the middle of turkey burgers too.
  • Angiecelina
    Options
    Steam some Cauliflower, then puree in a blender with the cheese, comes out just like mash potatoes.
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have one on a sandwich thin for lunch just about every day! 35 cals for the cheese wedge, sandwich thin is 100 calories, then I use turkey bologna (50 calories I think) and add some pretzel sticks or some white cheddar cheese (Smartfood brand) popcorn bag that's 100 calories and I have a nice lunch! :)

We also spread them on wheat thin crackers for a healthy snack.
  • emilillymom
    Options
    bagels with some jam on top of cheese. you can use them to make mini pizza. the hungry girl has lots of recipes with laughing cow cheese. i give them the wedges to my 41/2 yr. old and 2 1/2 yr old sometimes for snacks
  • lisapisa1
    Options
    I use them with other food, but I do eat them alone too. Nothing like a quick 35 calories to make my tummy stop grumbling :) I kinda figure it's like eating a cheese stick, just yummier.
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm like Kellybear,
    I put them on all kinds of things (bread flats with some turkey breast or chicken, crackers, bagels, eggs, pretzels, baked nacho chips, cherry tomatoes, etc.) and even just eat them by themselves for a snack. They are yummy! My 4 year old loves them too. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
  • joyce_purcell
    Options
    I love them! I eat them on crackers veggies fruit whatever I think would be good with it. I have heard of people melting them with pasta to sub for alfredo sauce.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Pretzel thins (low sodium)... By itself is fabulous, too, as I could eat the whole "wheel", they are so delicious! But, I refrain... :)
  • jenniffer86
    jenniffer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These things are the best!
    I use it on steamed veggies, as a cheese sauce :)
    Also, I put it on my salad, romaine lettuce, laughing cow ( i cut it into little bits like cheese) and dressing.. soo so good
    I use the herb and garlic on my bagel, or again steamed veggies!

Also, it's good on a tortilla spread it on, then put in egg and veggies and bake in the oven, just till warmed up.. soooo yummy!!

You can pretty much eat these things on anything! mmm mm mm =D
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I agree with putting it on crackers (I use reduced fat Wheat Thins). And as some may have said, it makes a great spread for wraps or sandwiches. Great with eggs. I put the blue cheese one on hamburgers.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    How much does it cost at Wal-Mart?
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    Great ideas from everyone!

Like some folks here, I eat it with veggies or spread 'em on a flatbread. I also throw a couple of pieces in my backpack for when I get the late afternoon hunger during the commute from work to home.

I brought 2 pieces from home today and I may eat it with the fuji apple later as a 2pm snack.

Mooooooo! (mwah ha ha ha ha)
  • adurfee
    adurfee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Steam some Cauliflower, then puree in a blender with the cheese, comes out just like mash potatoes.

Holy laughing cow, that sounds AMAZING!!!! Gonna try it, see if I can fool my whole milk, stick butter, mashed potato making boyfriend......
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Spread it on crakers, put it on sandwiches or add it to a turkey burger.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    I eat it on crackers, spread it on toast, eat it with veggies or apple wedges, use is as a substitute for mayo.

There are lots of things you can do with it!
  • Bethy25
    Options
    funny you mention that. I just got done eating one for the first time! I put it on crackers and their was just enough to spread on 5 whole wheat ritz and it was a great afternoon snack. AND best part, they dont have to be refridgerated so I can keep them in my desk at work :)
  • cbonuz
    cbonuz Posts: 63
    Options
    I use them as a spread on toasted bagel thins...i like to include sugar free smuckers strawberry jam when I use the swiss cheese flavor! :love:
  • iluvhealthy
    Options
    I love to spread it on the kingsmill love to toast muffin. But I usually just spread half a wedge. I have it with a cup of tea for my breakfast, yummy!!