Cereal the downfall

2»

Replies

• jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    I actually have 2 cups of most of my cereal when I have it- it makes more sense as a portion size for me. Most cerals are around 120-140 cals per cup. With 3/4 a cup of skim milk I find this a good and filling variety to my morning plan. but just my $.02

Yep that sounds like me. I just can't get full off of one cup of cereal. I will have 1 1/2-2 with skim milk and a banana.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    I love cereal too! I do measure it and typically always eat a cup with 3/4 cup of 1% milk. Cheerios are my fav. but I do indulge in Frosted Flakes from time to time : )
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    i barely eat cereal and when i do I measure...i eat oatmeal instead...gotten used to it now!

I also love oatmeal! I even have it for dinner when I am not in the mood to cook. Perfect for the winter time : )
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    I don't measure but I'm not that anal about it. I guesstimate the portion.
  • cheppy
    cheppy Posts: 31 Member
    I love cornflakes and I have them on weekends when I am not working. Weetbix HiBran are my choice for workdays. I love them because they are already sort of portioned and 2 are enough for me till I have my morning snack.
    The Hibran ones are also tastier than regular weetbix mmm.......
  • I measure mine based on the serving size listed on the box. I started doing that since every darn cereal (just like everything else) has started making their portions different-- for example, Kix cereal is for 1.25 cups (I think?) and Special K is generally 1 cup. I don't want to over or under estimate my calories, so I just suck it up and measure out my cereal and milk. It keeps me in check!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Im all about estimation... if it looks half full then i think ive got enough.. Im a All Bran and Granola girl... mmmmm.... Granola with almonds and Rasins.. Nom Nom.. :)

I used to LOVE rice crispies (UK) with a couple of table spoons of white sugar... definately grew out of that one!

Most of the time i just have a couple of sachets of porridge oats... No measuring there! Im lazy!
  • I have cereal quite a bit. Usually do a mix of different kinds. I weigh them out on my scale. I was really sad the other day when I bought the Newman's Own Vanilla cereal and measured out the portion, I think I'll stick to my Kashi/Fiberone original mix,....
  • jemmur
    jemmur Posts: 57 Member
    I used to LOVE rice crispies (UK) with a couple of table spoons of white sugar... definately grew out of that one!
    Oooh, I loved the sugarfest, when you got to the bottom of the bowl :D

I find it really difficult to stick to small portions of breakfast ceral because it tends not to be very flling. I pour my ~100g of muesli in a bowl and sometimes think "oh, that doesn't look like much *sadface*" but I'm usually quite satisfied, by the time I've eaten it all.
This discussion has been closed.