Booze

Options
Hi just wondering if there is any booze out there that is very low in calories. Just in case a person would like to have a party night without starving one self all day to save calories for booze. thanks:drinker:

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Red Wine, not not zinfindels or ice wines.
    Vodka(plain)
    Micro Brew Beer

are the best options and you have to watch the mixes with hard liquor. Google it. There's a few more I can't recall from memory.

But booze in general is not so good for fat loss.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Vodka with diet mixers
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Guiness Draught Stout is 120 calories for 12 oz.....yummmmmmmm

A glass of wine isn't bad either!! I would look up calories depending on what you prefer to drink and make a list of the drink and calorie content so you know!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Skye vodka is supposedly one of the best along with organic red wine.
  • princessrandi
    Options
    A good low cal drink, pomegranate vodka with diet 7-up or diet sierra mist and lime... very tasty
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Most spirits are fairly low cal, whiskey,vodka etc...but allow at least a few days before you weigh yourself and drink plenty of water the days after. Alcohol will cause you to retain loads of water, so the scale might show a gain of a few lbs the next morning, but its normally just water which will take a few days to flush out.

Ben.
  • AngiePantz
    Options
    I miss beer ... but i won't miss my beer belly! Unfortunately alcohol turns right into sugar, so you are looking at calories no matter what you do. You can always try drinking liquor drinks with diet soda or water (gross). I find that I prefer a few high gravity beers to many light or extra light beers. But the best is probably a small glass of wine, at least you get the antioxidants that come with it.
  • ESorokes015
    ESorokes015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Certain types of liquor are only about 60 calories a shot. When mixed with diet soda, you can have a few cocktails for only a couple hundred calories!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    One bottle of Bud Light Lime is 116 cals.... I needed to know that for the Superbowl!!! LOL!
  • agewise
    Options
    semi dry Red wines - Pinot Noir for example
  • sherri31
    Options
    Thanks everyone. i did think about vodka and crystal light.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Guiness is 120 calories..yummmmmmmm

I wish this were true....a pint of Guinness is 200 calories. Careful...

Add the Jameson's and the Bailey's for the "bomb" and you're even worse off :sad:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Also...I have found that alcohol depresses my metabolism, so even if it fits in my calories it slows down my losses...so it's not for me while I'm trying to lose. When I hit maintenance, though...:bigsmile:
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Anyone know what Disaronno is? It's by far my favorite, but I rarely drink. Ever since I cut back on alcohol (and the sodas I often mix with) I've lost some pounds, but I do like a good drink every now and then
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Guess I should have said Guiness Draught Stout is 120 calories for 12 oz :)
    Guiness is 120 calories..yummmmmmmm

I wish this were true....a pint of Guinness is 200 calories. Careful...

Add the Jameson's and the Bailey's for the "bomb" and you're even worse off :sad:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    clear alcohol (vodka), but not too much of course!
    MGD 64 has only 64 calories. If you like darker beers, a Guiness Draught has 125 calories per 12 oz, about the same as a Sam Adams Light (124 cal)
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    White bacardi & diet coke - this is my drinking staple! 1oz of bacard - 70 cals, diet coke - 0 cals.

And not that this is a diet tip AT ALL, in fact I have NO idea why it happens but when I go out drinking (as long as I don't drunken munch) I ALWAYS lose about 2 pounds the next day... wtf is that about lol.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    theres something called
    the skinny girl margarita....

OOF...you cant tell its super low in calories..the whole bottle is like equal to one margarita (not even...like a half a margarita) i mean, so ive heard LOL
  • ashley_d78
    ashley_d78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    vodka and crystal light is what i drink :)
    i try to stay away from too many added fake sugars but if your going to drink this is the way to do it- i know that clear liquor has less calories then dark and red wine has about 120 cals per glass... but my wine glasses are about the size of my head so im assuming it means per 5 oz :) heheh!
  • 750legpress
    750legpress Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will do Grey Goose Vodka and Club Soda with lime and lemon....and I log each ounce....that seems to be the best one for me. But I do miss beer---A LOT!