Booze

Options
2»

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Most spirits are fairly low cal, whiskey,vodka etc...but allow at least a few days before you weigh yourself and drink plenty of water the days after. Alcohol will cause you to retain loads of water, so the scale might show a gain of a few lbs the next morning, but its normally just water which will take a few days to flush out.

Ben.

What??!! Alcohol is a diuretic! And, it not only increases subcutaneous fat when drank in excess but also visceral fat, and in in your belly. The water retention doesn't come until you screwed your liver up and suffer portal hypertension. You have a very miserable death ahead when that happens.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Anyone know what Disaronno is? It's by far my favorite, but I rarely drink. Ever since I cut back on alcohol (and the sodas I often mix with) I've lost some pounds, but I do like a good drink every now and then

delicious, liquid candy. and SO high in sugar and calories. I used to mix it with vodka. But can't do that anymore, and still make progress towards my goals.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Red wine & clear (no color) alcohols are best. :drinker:
    But watch out for the mixers! That's where most of the calories are hiding! :sad:

I don't like diet soda, fruit juice has LOTS of sugar... so what's left for mixers?
    Sparkling water with a lime wedge works.

Found this website for calorie calculation:
    http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/collegestudents/calculator/alcoholcalc.aspx
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Anyone know what Disaronno is? It's by far my favorite, but I rarely drink. Ever since I cut back on alcohol (and the sodas I often mix with) I've lost some pounds, but I do like a good drink every now and then

delicious, liquid candy. and SO high in sugar and calories. I used to mix it with vodka. But can't do that anymore, and still make progress towards my goals.

Of course, haha! I usually mix it with either red bull (sooo bad, but good) or ginger ale and a splash of pomegranate juice.

I've had the skinny margarita before...it's definitely low cal, you can taste the difference. It's ok, just a little bland
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    I love beer,
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/

^ Very helpful website for those who enjoy occasional indulgence of the liquid variety. ;) It breaks down calories relative to alcohol content, so you can get the most bang-for-your-calorie, as it were. Not that it is ever good for a person to binge drink, but sometimes when you go out dancing, it's nice to be able to get that little buzz without blowing your whole calorie allotment for the weekend.

I'm a gin and tonic girl myself.
  • bhepp
    bhepp Posts: 44
    Options
    skinny girl margaritas!! They are only around 100 calories and they are soooo good! I make mine with light tequila, club soda or tonic water and fresh lime juice! The skinny girl one has agave and triple sec in it. They are my favorite! :drinker:
  • tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com/

^ Very helpful website for those who enjoy occasional indulgence of the liquid variety. ;) It breaks down calories relative to alcohol content, so you can get the most bang-for-your-calorie, as it were. Not that it is ever good for a person to binge drink, but sometimes when you go out dancing, it's nice to be able to get that little buzz without blowing your whole calorie allotment for the weekend.

I'm a gin and tonic girl myself.

Thanks for the link! I emailed the company that makes my wine and got the calorie count...now I measure it and keep it to 1 drink, but still have some. I may find I need to cut it out entirely at some point, but not yet. =)
  • mjwong
    mjwong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Deff vodka with raspberry flavor and soda water! It is very tasty and its no more than 100 calories... put a lime in there too
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If I go for a drink it's usually MGD 64 (64 calories, 12 oz beer)
  • sherri31
    Options
    i may have to try the mgd cause i love beer.
  • mmanderr18
    mmanderr18 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    White bacardi & diet coke - this is my drinking staple! 1oz of bacard - 70 cals, diet coke - 0 cals.

And not that this is a diet tip AT ALL, in fact I have NO idea why it happens but when I go out drinking (as long as I don't drunken munch) I ALWAYS lose about 2 pounds the next day... wtf is that about lol.

Me too!! Its so bizarre! I spent 2 weekends ago on a drinking trip with a little bit of skiing and last weekend drinking both weekend nights and I've lost 7 pounds (more than an average 2 weeks when I've been trying to lose weight)! I've been burning 1000 calories 3 days a week but I feel like that's not even close to the amount I've splurged.. weird! I'm definitely not going to make it a habit though- I guess I just lucked out the past two weeks!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Most spirits are fairly low cal, whiskey,vodka etc...but allow at least a few days before you weigh yourself and drink plenty of water the days after. Alcohol will cause you to retain loads of water, so the scale might show a gain of a few lbs the next morning, but its normally just water which will take a few days to flush out.

Ben.

What??!! Alcohol is a diuretic! And, it not only increases subcutaneous fat when drank in excess but also visceral fat, and in in your belly. The water retention doesn't come until you screwed your liver up and suffer portal hypertension. You have a very miserable death ahead when that happens.

Only what I read! lol
  • crazymama2two
    Options

Ben.

jeesh, the girl just wants a drink not a lecture.