IF YOU ARE MARRIED :)

Options
13»

Replies

• pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Iv been with my fiance 8 half years and we are getting married in May :-) This was a fun and interesting read!!
  • Mrs_Deeds
    Options
    I've been with my husband for almost 11 years. We started dating when I was 17, got married when I was 21. It hasn't always been easy that's for sure!! He works in the oil field so he's not home a lot, plus when he IS home we make as much time for the kids as we can. We try to keep "the spark" by little notes, or texts messages, dates, things like that. I'm super excited bc in April we're taking our first big vacation together...without the kids!!! I think no matter your age or how long you've been together, marriage is a process that you have to work at. I make sure to tell him every day that I love him, and I make sure to end every phone call that way too.

As for VDay, he's not the romantic type. We just do our usual thing. I usually try to find a way to surprise him though, if he's home. I try to get him a card, or cook his fave meal, or give him a massage.
  • jentaylor412
    Options
    my husband and i have 4 kids (10 months, 2, 4 and 10).. and he works swing shifts at work but we always make time for each other even if its just laying on the couch watching a show. and he always suggests back rubs which lead to good things :) oh and i always buy him tools!!!
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have only been married for a year and a half. We make dinner together, and do laundry together. I think doing those kinds of things really forces us to talk. We also go on a date night (or day) about once or twice a month.

And we allow ourselves to have some alone time. We work together, literally our desks are right beside each other! We get crazy if we don't take some time away.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Valentine's is a month before my husband birthday.

This year, for Vday, he's getting tools. For his birthday, a tool bench :)

We keep it alive by touching a lot. It sounds silly but it works.

Also, we both love sex and he got snipped (we're done with babies) so it's fun!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    They all want the same thing for Valentines - HOT SEX!
    drool.gifwoo.gif

Wow another thread hijacked by mindless sex fiends

What's wrong with sex?

lol. Nothing, that's what.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    My bday and Vday are close together. We (if hubby remembers it) go to eat on my bday but have never done anything for Vday. It's a god awful "holiday" of people trying to be sappy and I wouldn't be caught dead trying to go to a restaurant amidst all the love birds that night!!! :smile: Plus, we hate the pressure of - oh my gosh I have to think of something to top last year!!!

Yea, we never go out for Vday. But we love getting stuff for the kids!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    My bday and Vday are close together. We (if hubby remembers it) go to eat on my bday but have never done anything for Vday. It's a god awful "holiday" of people trying to be sappy and I wouldn't be caught dead trying to go to a restaurant amidst all the love birds that night!!! :smile: Plus, we hate the pressure of - oh my gosh I have to think of something to top last year!!!

Yea, we never go out for Vday. But we love getting stuff for the kids!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    There's nothing like spending time with the children and grandchildren to make me feel closer and love my wife more.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    The most romantic thing my husband's done lately is he brushed the snow off my car last week. First time I haven't had to do that myself. Ah romance!

:laugh:

Been married 14 years.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Marriage is ups and down , highs and lows just like life. Take the good with the bad and , remember your vows. Do things together often. Make time to do the things you did while dating.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    We're not married but we live together and 2 children so I feel I can post.

We keep things alive mostly because we are still very teenage with each other (I am an utter pest for touchy feely stuff), there's a lot of lust and love still. But we're not at it like rabbits but we are still very close and loving and do have plenty of sex, but we are old and knackered lol.

My chap isnt bothered about receiving pressies, he's more into giving. So there's no point asking him cos I know he'll say he's not bothered. And he's really hard to buy for.

So what I do is get us concert tickets, theatre tickets, stuff for his camera, kitchen or stuff about his fave bands - for example one brithday I had a personalised Gold disc made for him from his fave band Marillion, all signed and everything. He loved it. He's also had a photo album made up if fave band pics. Ive made cross stitch for him etc.

He is very creative in his gifts, he will made a treaure hunt with missions, quests and clues that will, after several hours of hunting, lead to me to things such as Tiffany jewelry or make me have to get a train to London and I'll end up meeting him at the theatre. He's amazing at surprises!

He once had my MSc thesis leather bound and inscribed with gold writing. I cried like a baby. Oh and the baby book he made and embroided with our son's details was amazing.

I think the trick is to do things that make them happy, and they tend to do the same. Happiness encourages happiness. If you feel loved then you are.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    They all want the same thing for Valentines - HOT SEX!
    drool.gifwoo.gif

Wow another thread hijacked by mindless sex fiends

What's wrong with sex?

lol. Nothing, that's what.
    HI 5 sista!