Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Over 70 llbs to lose and doing the C25K???????

Hi there!

So, I am doing the C25K and have just finished week 2... however I really struggle with the runs.. they're not coming easily to me so I really feel like I'm not ready to move to week 3 just yet... my plan is to do week 2 again and then move to week 3!

Having 77 llbs still to lose this really isn't as easy for me as some of my MFP friends who are doing the same programme as they are carrying a lot less excess weight! They are really supportive and encouraging but I know they find it easier due to being fitter and slimmer!

I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who is also doing the C25K and has about the same weight to loose as I do so we can support each other?!

Replies

• I'm actually doing week 1 for the 3rd time this week:)

I have more left to lose than you- but there are a lot of people out there that are doing it!

Just take your time and do the weeks over as many times as you need!!! You're doing great!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    I just started week one and have about 50 lbs to lose. So far its not too bad but week 5 looks killer to me. I also already planned a 5k in May on purpose and got friends to sign up as well so I can't back out LOL
  • I agree with PP. You can do the weeks as many time as it takes until you get to a point where you can go forward. It's the skipping ahead that's probably not the best idea.
  • LisaJayne71
    LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
    I did the week 1 about 3 times too as each time I was about to move to week 2 something happened... i.e., I had a foot injury and couldn't exercise for 3 weeks so needed to go back again.. and then I had to go away with work for 3 weeks and I had to work 24/7 so had no chance of getting to the gym so again I was back to square one!
    When I finally moved to week 2 I was excited! But the jump from 90 seconds running to 180 secs running looks a big one!

I'll definitely be doing week 2 for another week and see where I go from there!

Well done you too!
  • LisaJayne71
    I just started week one and have about 50 lbs to lose. So far its not too bad but week 5 looks killer to me. I also already planned a 5k in May on purpose and got friends to sign up as well so I can't back out LOL

I hadn't had a look at week 5 yet! Crikey!
    I live in the Middle East and we don't have regular runs set up here so can't sign up for anything.. but well done you for making that commitment!
  • LisaJayne71
    I agree with PP. You can do the weeks as many time as it takes until you get to a point where you can go forward. It's the skipping ahead that's probably not the best idea.

I'll definitely not be skipping ahead that's for sure! Lol!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    I've still got 60lbs to lose and I'm currently on week 3. I feel I'm doing okay but next week looks horrific! That and my legs currently hate me.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    week 5 looooks awful! im starting week 4 next week and that looks pretty tough too. i think i might to week 4 twice, or at least do the workout more than 3 times before i attempt week 5!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Im doing a version of c25k a sports scientist friend wrote it for me currently in week 6, it takes 23 weeks to complete the taking it more slowly is much better for me. this week im running 5 mins walking 2, four times with a 2 min run at the end. Im not a natural runner and every run hurts but im about to head off and do my 22nd run and I can really see a difference. keep it up no matter what level you'll get there but I dont imagine that any of it will ever seem easy.
  • LisaJayne71
    I've still got 60lbs to lose and I'm currently on week 3. I feel I'm doing okay but next week looks horrific! That and my legs currently hate me.
    How did you find the jump from wk 2 to wk 3?
    I think my feet hate me more than my legs!
  • LisaJayne71
    week 5 looooks awful! im starting week 4 next week and that looks pretty tough too. i think i might to week 4 twice, or at least do the workout more than 3 times before i attempt week 5!
    I think the best thing is to keep repeating until you feel ready... it has to be better than quitting!
  • LisaJayne71
    Im doing a version of c25k a sports scientist friend wrote it for me currently in week 6, it takes 23 weeks to complete the taking it more slowly is much better for me. this week im running 5 mins walking 2, four times with a 2 min run at the end. Im not a natural runner and every run hurts but im about to head off and do my 22nd run and I can really see a difference. keep it up no matter what level you'll get there but I dont imagine that any of it will ever seem easy.

I hope one day it will feel easier, though like you I know I'm just not a natural runner!!! I'm better at team sport like netball which requires short bursts!