Biggest Loser yesterday!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kbellnurse
    Options
    I don't know which parts were edited to create more excitement, but I couldn't believe how long they were taking! Haven't they ever watched "The Price is Right'"?! Even if I had NO idea about the costs/calorie count of things, I could have switched them around waaay quicker. THere's only so many combinations, they totally gave up.

As for the Arthur move - he just reminded me why I will probably make this the last season that i watch. What a game player - and how gross was it watching him eat 35 cookies in 3 minutes? It's like he has learned nothing. He is going to go home and get his pizza delivered to him again. And again.

My newest addiction is "Heavy" on A&E, promotes more healthy (attainable) level of weight loss and really shows what it takes for someone in the "real world" to change their life. 100lbs in 6 months in is incredible, 100lbs in 5 weeks? that's kind of scary.

I've always loved BL and I think it's entertaining, but all this focus on "winning" instead of "getting healthy" just makes it kind of lame. To me anyway. :)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    LOL, kind of trying to stay away from fast food here. :wink:

Ack, fast food! It's No Fast Food February. Now if I could keep myself from frying chicken....
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't know which parts were edited to create more excitement, but I couldn't believe how long they were taking! Haven't they ever watched "The Price is Right'"?! Even if I had NO idea about the costs/calorie count of things, I could have switched them around waaay quicker. THere's only so many combinations, they totally gave up.

As for the Arthur move - he just reminded me why I will probably make this the last season that i watch. What a game player - and how gross was it watching him eat 35 cookies in 3 minutes? It's like he has learned nothing. He is going to go home and get his pizza delivered to him again. And again.

My newest addiction is "Heavy" on A&E, promotes more healthy (attainable) level of weight loss and really shows what it takes for someone in the "real world" to change their life. 100lbs in 6 months in is incredible, 100lbs in 5 weeks? that's kind of scary.

I've always loved BL and I think it's entertaining, but all this focus on "winning" instead of "getting healthy" just makes it kind of lame. To me anyway. :)
    Good points! I like the Price is Right comment. Hilarious!
    I wish 'Heavy' was on basic cable...I've watched the two episodes they have on www.aetv.com but that's it. I loved them, though.
    I agree, Arthur isn't taking this seriously...and he says he's doing it for his dad but look how stressed out his dad seems all the time!
  • MichaelPommier
    Options

I completely agree. A coworker and I had that very discussion yesterday. On the Biggest Loser, they work out with professional trainers and work out all day long and do interviews, the don't have to go to work, take care of their children, pay the bills, and deal with other daily tasks that often get in the way of a day's workout.

However on Heavy, they are at a facility, similar to the ranch, for 30 days, then back home to use what they have learned. It is more of a kick start to the whole process.

I love the fact that there is no prize at the end of Heavy, well other than becoming a healthy person. They pair two people up and they become support for each other, not competitors. Once you through money into the equation, everything goes wrong. This is the first season of Biggest Loser that I have watched in years. I do find it entertaining, but I also find it a little too dramatic. I want to be motivated to lose weight, not disgusted with backstabbing and game playing.